Chapter 2: My First Demon

(Kasey up top and also what her angel form looks like)

How do you guys like the story so far??

Good? Bad? Amazing? Depressing?

Let me know!

And I'm really sorry for being gone for so long. My health has gotten in the way and I have been in and out of the ER for a little bit and I have a ton of doc appointments. But I'm trying haha.

Thank you for understanding!!

Anywhore. Hope you guys like it!

---------------------------

Kasey

"So how are you feeling?" Maximus asked.

"Good." I smiled as we sat on top of a building.

"Are you sure?" Maximus asked. "You know you can tell me anything."

I sighed as I looked out over the scenery.

"It's just weird, ya know?" I asked.

He nodded. "I do know. I still remember my first time."

"You never did tell me." I said. "You told me that you would tell me when I was ready."

"You are ready now. I was waiting for you to finish training." Maximus smiled.

I laughed. "Three years of training and now I'm finally ready to protect earth."

"Yes you are." He laughed. "Okay. So I was with my wife at the bank. We were getting money so I could buy Selena her toy. I still feel like it's all my fault. I forgot to get the money the other day so we had to go get it."

"It's not your fault. It's never the person's fault." I interrupted.

"I guess I'm glad that it was me and not her." He gave me a sad smile. "We were next in line with it happened. Two guys barged in wearing masks. The one had a gun and the other had a bat. I remember the one with the bat walking towards the cashier demanding money."

"And the one with the gun?" I asked.

"He locked eyes with my wife." Maximus' voice cracked. "He raised the gun and I thought I would lose her. That's when I pushed her aside and took the bullet instead. I would do anything for my wife. And risking my life to save hers is worth it. I would do it over and over again if it meant her living. That's when I heard the sirens. The cops rushed in and took the two guys away. I remember seeing her face show up in front of mine. She was yelling for me. But I couldn't hear her. And that's when God himself made an appearance."

I smiled at Maximus' face. He looked so happy.

"He told me I was worthy. To become a guardian angel. And I did." The Angel said looking at me. "I can check on my wife every day and see how Selena is doing."

"Did they ever find out who did it?" I asked.

He nodded. "Turns out it was her ex-husband and his brother. He was still mad that she divorced him."

"But he cheated on her!" I said. "How could he possibly be mad at that?"

"Because some guys are stupid." Maximus laughed.

I nodded. "Got that right."

He went to open his mouth, but he was cut off by a scream.

"Let's go." He said.

I nodded and we jumped off the building.

I pushed my wings out and I was gliding through the air.