Chapter 14: Surprise Visitor

I love the feeling when you first step out of the shower. Like honestly, it's so great lmao. You feel so clean and happy and it's awesome! Sorry, totally random lol.

But anywhore. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the new cover for this book!!!!!! Like hot damn! Thank you @ponderousgold for making this book cover. I love it and can't wait to see more of them in the future!! This chapter is dedicated to you!

Let's get on with this chapter though!!!!

---------------------------

Kasey

"Are you getting settled in?" Katelin smiled as she and Sonny handed me some extra clothes.

I smiled and nodded. "I am thank you. I really love this place. It's gorgeous!"

Sonny smiled. "Maybe you can stay a couple of nights. I bet Zale would love that."

My eyes went wide and they giggled.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked. Did they know that my name isn't Kate? Good Lord. I'm so bad at acting. I'm glad I never wanted to be an actress when I was younger. I would suck at it!

"Someone has a wittle cwush on you!" Katelin cooed in a baby voice. "It's adorable really."

"Agreed." Sonny smiled but then got serious. "I think you would be really good for him. He needs it."

"Why do you say that?" I asked as I turned around to face them better.

Sonny sighed as she looked over at Katelin. "Zale changed a while ago. He wasn't the fun, nice Zale we all knew when we were kids. Don't get me wrong, he is nice and fun. But not as much as he used to be. He's a lot colder and he keeps to himself a lot."

"It was like a light switched turned off." Katelin mumbled. "Over night he just, changed."

"How come?" I asked as I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"Someone he cared deeply for died three years ago." Katelin stated. "But he seemed to forget all of that when he met you. It's like the old Zale is almost back."

I gulped and let out a nervous laugh.

Wait a second. I died three years ago. Zale didn't even know me then. I know we are mates, but could he have really felt me die? I went to go open my mouth to ask a question, but my door flying open stopped me.

"Sonny!" Sterling yelled as he and Harvey appeared at the door.

"Good thing I wasn't naked." I joked laughing, but stopped once I saw their expressions. "Guys what's wrong?"

I groaned as I saw their eyes fog over. Seriously? Mind-linking? I'm right here you know!

The girls ran out of the room and Harvey looked at me and smiled.

I rolled my eyes. Good Lord. What lie is he going to try and feed me now?

"Hey Kate, do you-" He stopped talking when I pushed him aside and went out to the living room.

"Get everyone who can't fight to the safe houses now!" Doug yelled as little children followed Cece out of the living room.

"Kate!" Harvey yelled as she ran into the living room. "Damn. For a tiny person, you can run fast."

Doug whipped his head around and started at me with giant eyes. "Kate!"

"What's going on?" I asked confused as no one else paid any attention to me. Men and women were running outside and children were running towards the back of the house.