Chapter 16: Date Night Gets Ruined

Hey guys!!!

If you could all please go look at my new update in my "Updates Book" I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you!!

Anywhore....On with this chappie!!!!

------------------------------------------

Zale

"Is there any other way to get rid of these bastards?" Harvey huffed as he slumped back in his chair.

Kasey laughed and shook her head. "I'm afraid not."

"Holy water?" Katelin asked.

"Demons have gotten too powerful." Alvar sighed deeply. "Holy water use to be able to do a lot of damage. But for some reason, it hasn't been working that well over the years. It's almost like a rug burn for them now."

"Well, this sucks." Katelin mumbled as she laid her head on Harvey's shoulder.

"There has to be more than just silver." I said as I looked at my laptop screen.

"You aren't going to find anything." Maximus said with slight irritation in his voice.

Yeah...this guy still doesn't like me. I've just kind of let it go, to be honest. It still bugs me every once in awhile, but I mostly just shrug it off. I've accepted the fact that he's not going to be my number one fan. 

I wanted to pull him aside and try to talk to the guy, but Kasey said it would only make things worse. She described him as a guy who doesn't like change. It's either his way or the highway. As much as I wanted to talk to him, I decided against it for Kasey. I'd do anything for that girl.

"Hey!" Someone screamed as I felt something hit my forehead.

"Hey." I laughed as the paper ball fell on my keyboard. "What was that for?"

"You were spacing out there." Kasey giggled. I couldn't help but smile at her laugh. It was so cute. "What were you thinking about?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I was trying to wrap my brain around this. There has to be something else that we can use to kill the demons."

Now it was Kasey's turn to shake her head. "Nothing has worked. The only object that will successfully kill them is silver. Everything else that we have tried will only paralyze them or won't do anything. And you have to hit them in the heart or it will only cause a scratch. And not a very big one at that."

"This is stupid." My dad growled.

My mom rubbed his back. "Come on dear. It's just how it is and we will have to work with that."

"I know, but the one thing that can kill them can also kill us."

"It's getting pretty late." My mom said softly. "Let's save this for tomorrow."

"Yeah, you're right." My dad nodded.

I closed my laptop and walked up to Kasey. "Ready?"

She gave me a confused look as she tilted her head to the side. So cute.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

I smiled. "I want to show you this cute diner outside of town. I'm taking you on a date."

"Okay." She smiled and took my hand.

I led her out of my study and we walked to the front door and out to my car.

"It's got the best hot fudge sundaes in town." I drooled at the thought.

"I'll have to hold you on that." She joked.