Chapter 6: Take A Rest

(Sterling and Sonny up top)

Liking the book so far??? Let ya girl know!

Hey everyone. Sorry for the long pause.

Some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first so that way we end with some good news haha.

1. I do have PTSD. I was hoping I didn't, but now it explains a lot. They also have to up my anxiety medication because it's not strong enough for my anxiety attacks and I'm also getting PTSD medication. Which I'm not really thrilled about tbh. But I guess whatever helps... so with that being said, I have to talk to people on a regular basis now so my updating is going to be slow. And I really do apologize for that. I feel really, but it's very hard but I'm gonna try and make it work.

2. Now the good news!!!!! I'm thinking of making an instagram account. Just for Wattpad though. I think it would be a fun idea and I could post a bunch of different stuff and interact with you all. What do you all think?? Let me know!!

And forgive me if there are any mistakes. It's 2 in the morning and I'm sitting at work really bored haha.

Anywhore. On with this chapter.

~*~

Kasey

"There she is." Nurse Laina smiled.

"Hey." I chuckled as I sat down on the bed.

"Now tell me." Laina looked at me with a laugh. "How did you manage to dent your wing dear?"

"I got tackled by a demon." I said twiddling my thumbs.

"A strong one too." Kenword laughed. "Should have seen the horns on that sucker."

"Did you win?" Laina asked with a smile.

I nodded with a wink. "Of course I did."

"Don't get too cocky kid." Kenword smirked. "There are plenty more out there like that one. And some are stronger."

I groaned.

"That's what I thought." Kenword laughed. "Now I need to go talk to Maximus. Take it easy Kase."

I nodded and watched as he walked out of the room.

"That looked serious." Laina said worried. "Is everything alright?"

"We faced a demon with wings today." I explained.

"Wings?" Laina gasped. "­But that's not possible!"

"I know." I sighed as I shook my head. "Kenword told me that they don't normally have wings."

Laina shook her head. "They don't. Demon's bodies are structured differently than ours are.

Their bodies aren't suppose to hold wings. They aren't built to have wings. Their center of gravity would be way off if they did."

"Then how come that one did?" I asked as Laina grabbed some wrap. "He flew like he's had wings ever since he was born."

"That's not right." Laina said confused. "Now hold still real quick."

I was about to ask her what she meant, but it was already too late.

"Fuck!" I yelled as she pulled on my wing.

I heard a pop and Laina grabbed the wrap.

"There." She smiled as she wrapped it up. "All better."

"Easy for you to say!" I grimaced as I looked at my wing.

A knock on the door captured our attention. "Come in," Laina called.