Chapter 4: The Possibilities

(Maximus top, Alvar middle, Kenword bottom)

Okay, okay. No more sad chapters lol. I can't afford to cry anymore XD

Also! Girl's Rule will be updated a little later. I only have time to update one story right now, but I will try to get it up as soon as possible!

Anywhore. On with the chapter!!!!!

----------------------------

Kasey

"Whoop! Whoop!" Kenword hollered as I showed up at the gates. "You're first demon."

"Nicely done dear." Alvar smiled as she folded in her wings. "I'm proud of you."

"She did excellently. Handled it like a pro." Maximus said as he proudly smiled at me.

"It was too easy, though." I huffed.

Kenword laughed. "That's the Kasey I know. Always looking for a challenge."

"Settle down, children," the Big Man laughed. "I'm proud of you Kasey."

"Really?" I asked as I looked up at the light.

He smiled at me. "I am. You will make an excellent guardian angel my child. Your parents would be proud."

I gave Him a small smile. "I hope so."

"Don't doubt yourself young one. You did fantastic for your first demon." He said softly. "Even if he was a new one. They still are very strong creatures and can't be taken lightly. They are manipulative and you conquered that."

"She did a wonderful job." Alvar smiled.

"Thank you, Alvar." I replied.

"Maximus." God called.

"Yes Sir?" Maximus asked.

"I think Kasey is ready to go on patrol with you four."

"R-really?" I asked shocked. "That would be awesome!"

"She's ready." God smiled as He walked away.

"Alright then. We leave at dawn." Maximus smiled as he left for his room.

"Better get some sleep, Kasey." Alvar suggested. "You're going to need your strength. Patrol is different. You might face some stronger demons and other creatures. And sometimes we walk around in our human form so we look like regular people. But you have to be careful when you do that."

"I will." I said with a nod.

"Goodnight, dear." She said as she kissed the top of my head.

"You got this kiddo." Kenword smirked as he rubbed my head.

I playfully shoved his hand away and walked to my room.

I closed the door and changed into my human form. With a sigh, I glanced at my mirror. Sometimes I miss my old life, being able to see my family and Haley. I miss it, I certainly couldn't deny that. But then I remember that I am an angel of God and that I'm protecting them.

Great. Now I just depressed myself.

I huffed in annoyance at myself for doing so and turned away from the mirror, getting into my bed.

Sleep is my favorite thing to do.

~*~

Zale

"Oh come on." I growled as I continued to flip through the pages.

"Calm down boy," Sterling laughed as he took a sip of his coffee.

Harvey frowned, looking up from his phone. "What are you even looking for anyway?"