13 - We're Cool

Chapter Thirteen - We're Cool

"I hope you didn't have a hard time getting in!"

"The guy was a creep but we made it in just fine!"

"We?" He looked thrown off.

"Melissa came with!"

He nodded in understanding and took another swig of his drink. "Can I taste it?"

He handed me the drink and I took a small sip that caused me to gag. "That's horrible!" It tasted so thick.

"It's whiskey!" He shouted back through laughter.

I quickly washed down the flavor with the rest of my own drink and set my glass on the stage next to us.

Brett and I were standing quite a distance apart and he would continue to eye up my dress. I'm sure he didn't think I noticed, but I did and I wanted to act on it.

"Come on!" I waved my hand and started off into the smoke.

"Where to?" I heard him yell from behind me.

"To dance! Where else?" I called over my shoulder and when we reached the inner edge of the smoke, my drunken self bumped into another girl. I was expecting a cat fight but instead she grabbed my hand and begun dancing against me.

I went along with it, laughing as I rolled my hips against hers.

I looked to see Brett watching us, a playful smile plastered on his face so I waved him over.

He hesitated but then came closer. "Loosen up a little!" I shouted and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the other girl and myself.

The other girl started grinding between Brett and I, and I have to admit that jealousy was raking through me as he moved his hands over the front of her body.

So I did the only thing I thought reasonable in the moment, I wrapped my hands around her neck and kissed her.

I'm confident in my sexuality, so it wasn't at all weird. But while in a slight make out session with the girl, I was able to spin ourselves around so that I was the one sandwiched in the middle.

Much to my dismay, Brett instantly backed off a little. I could still feel him dancing behind me but his hands didn't touch me the way they touched her. Instead they just sat loosely on my waist.

I had pulled away from the girl at this time and put my attention on Brett. Would I be this straight forward if I wasn't drinking? Hell no, but who cares.

I turned my body to face his but continued swirling my hips and the girl did the same, which caused me to press up against Brett even more. I was taller with the heels on and was almost face to face with him, so I brought my hands up to his neck and allowed my nails to lightly graze his skin. "What's wrong?" I spoke into his neck, loud enough to be heard over the music, but not quite yelling.

I was expecting a very distant answer but he chuckled instead. He bent down to my ear and his voice had a very husky feel to it. "This isn't you."

I'd say he was right, but he was actually so wrong. This is me. This is me when I have no worries. This is me when my past isn't haunting me. This is who I would've been if my life was dandy. This is a side of me that I wish I was able to show more often but just can't because I'm always too nervous.

"You don't know me that well." I softly shook my head and smiled into his neck before twisting back around.

I hadn't even realized the girl's absence and I reached back, grabbing his hands, and placing them on my hips.