14 - A New Roomie

Chapter 14 - A New Roomie

Melissa stared at me and I stared back at her, our faces inches apart. We both concentrated on each other's expressions.

And then I busted out laughing, accidentally spitting in her face. "No way, not into girls." I shook my head and laughed harder.

"Oh I see how it is, a club girl is good enough, but I'm not." Melissa pretended to be hurt and I reached in and hugged her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to break your heart." I joked. "But seriously, I told you that I had a reason for kissing the girl."

Melissa pressured me into kissing her in attempt to see if I swing that way all because of the club incident, but she couldn't have been more wrong because there was no spark whatsoever.

"Yeah, to get all up on Brett."

"Mhm." I nodded my head once and she raised her eyebrow.

"And where did that get you?"

"Shut up."

"I just don't understand. You make a move, get your way, and then you turn him down before getting laid and it's not even like you're a virgin or anything!" She threw her arms up and let them smack down onto the bed.

Melissa let out a hiss and brought her hands to her face to examine the wet polish that she had forgotten about.

"Way to go genius."

"Well they're already ruined, so I say we go for a night swim." Melissa hopped up, tugging me along behind her.

"But Levi has off." I jerked my hands out of hers and she stopped to question me.

"When Levi has off, Brett and him sit out there all night."

"Grow some balls girl." Melissa shrugged.

My shoulders dropped and I tilted my head, "You don't understand."

Next thing I knew, my face was being mushed between Melissa's hands and she was staring hard at me. "Well what I do understand is that he said you guys are cool, so you'll live. Besides, how is he supposed to continue this helping you thing if you're pushing him away." She dropped her hands.

"I guess."

"Hey boys!" Melissa chirped as we stepped out onto the patio. The cement was cold against my bare feet, and despite wearing shorts and a sports bra rather than a bikini, I suddenly felt too conscious of Brett looking at me so I quickly skipped over to the pool.

I dipped my hand in the water that felt ice cold in the night. Someone forgot to put the thermal tarp back on. "You go first." I signaled to Melissa and she climbed the ladder.

Rather than going slowly, she plopped right in and let out a little squeal.

"Your turn." She grinned.

Man do I hate the cold.

I carefully climbed the ladder and when reaching the top, I dipped one foot in the pool. Shivers instantly went through my body and I pulled my foot back.

"I'd rather not."

"Too bad." Melissa smirked and her eyes shot just over my shoulder.

Just as I turned my head, my body went flailing, the cold water biting at my skin.

"LEVI I'M GOING TO KILL YOU." I raced up the ladder and flew out of the pool, sprinting after my brother.

Levi didn't make it far before I jumped onto his back and brought him to the ground.