30 - The Drunk Man

Chapter 30 - The Drunk Man

I adjusted the navy blue skirt to lay nicely over the petticoat. I wasn't able to try the costume on and it was a bit shorter than I had expected so I made sure to wear spandex shorts underneath.

"It looks good." Melissa stood next to me smiling. She decided on wearing a very skimpy devil costume.

It surely fit her inner self.

"Are you sure it's not too... slutty?" I tugged at the top piece but it refused to sit any higher on my chest.

"There will be girls there that are ten times worse."

"I suppose." I just felt as though the thigh high tights were too far, but Melissa insisted that it didn't look right without them. "Can you help me pin the hat on?"

The hat looked cute with my short hair and it really tied the whole outfit together. Along with my little anchor necklace.

I took hold of Carson's arm and followed Levi through the gates. There was thick fog across the ground that was being created by machines. Strobe lights were flashing from all different directions, and music was booming through the spooky looking crowd.

Spider and cob web decorations hung all around us, and candlelit carved pumpkins gave the area an eerie glow.

As if it wasn't chilly enough already, some of these costumes were giving me more chills. Ya know, before they throw an outdoor Halloween party, they should consider that it's almost Winter and most girl's costumes cover nothing.

My legs were coated in goosebumps and the night just began.

"I still think you should've worn a couple's costume." I stared at Levi who had a bloody doctor's outfit on.

"I am. My dead nurse is around here somewhere." His eyes scoped the crowd and I pulled him aside, shocked at the statement.

That would mean that Melissa really wasn't the girl he was talking about. And if it's not her, then who the hell is it?

"Excuse me?" I threw my hands on my hips, "I thought the girl you liked is Melissa."

"Not this again." He rolled his eyes, "I told you I'm not interested in her."

I felt so stupid. I really thought that she was the girl. How could she not be? How has he not seen how great she could be for him?

Levi stepped back by Carson and Melissa. I followed closely behind.

Melissa was looking around the crowd, seeming to distract herself, and Levi was doing the same. Except that he was looking for someone, and she was glancing at him every few minutes.

While Melissa wasn't looking, I'd notice Levi's eyes occasionally lingering on her. As much as I'd like to believe it was from the heart, it was definitely from his little mister. Her outfit was incredibly form fitting and short. It resembled lingerie more than it did a Halloween costume. For all I know, she may have intended to catch his attention.

Levi's eyes switched over suddenly and I caught sight of a white hat with a little red cross on it. It was bobbing closer, a tan girl sauntering beneath it.

"There she is!"

"Hannah."

The words simultaneously left Levi and Melissa's mouth, leaving them both wide eyed.

The only difference between them was that Levi seemed excited and Melissa seemed agitated.

The girl who I now knew as Hannah, stopped short of Levi and embraced Melissa instead.