Chapter 10: Giving Love Another Chance !!

Jayce Mm

Dominick was laying up in his bed, thinking about the party and seeing who was who and all that good stuff. He was mostly thinking about the cutie he had bumped into the other night, Jayce! He thought he was cocky a bit but he liked it some, the guy was fine and very engaging. The phone rang and interrupted his thought. He picked up the phone and it was Micah.

Micah: " hey bro, how did you enjoy the party?" Micah asked.
Dominick : it was cool, it was good seeing you and Brian together again it kinda brought back some memories." Dominick said, reminiscing.
Micah : " yeah it was nice, so where were you we didn't see you around?" Micah asked with curiosity.
Dominick: oh... I was getting some punch!" Dominick said.
Micah : I hear an 'AND' coming on" Micah, knowing there was something else Dominick was leaving out!
Dominick took a pause and spoke.

Dominick : there was this guy I bumped into literally, and he was one of your line brothers.. I think his name was Jayce, and we were talking and some how he knows me.. And he said that you would talk about me all the time.. " Dominick explained, as he got up from his bed, having nothing but fruit of the loom blue underwear on, heading to the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror a bit.

Micah: "oh.. Jayce, well funny story... He wants to date you.." Micah confessed.

Dominick: " wait what do you mean date me, give me the Real!" Dominick asked.

Micah : " well, I was talking to my boys about you and Donnie and they of course wanted to meet you guys, and Jayce was wanting to meet you actually , I showed him a picture of you.. An—

Dominick : I don't want to date right now! Why would you... How could you... I don't know... He's cute!.. But—

Micah : " Chill, you don't have to date him if you don't want to it's not like I forced him to do anything he naturally thought you were cute and wanted to see what you were about... So, it's up to you!" Micah said, calming Dominick down, knowing that when Dominick is shocked about things he gets fidgety and weirded out!

Dominick : I'm sorry I freaked out.. It's just I'm not quite over.. My ex!"

Micah : " really??" I thought you were done with him?" Micah said, shocked to hear that Dominick is not over Tevon, even though Dominick was the one who broke up with Tevon.

Dominick : " I know what you're thinking.. ' why am I thinking about him now, when I was the one who broke up with him" Dominick explained.

Micah : " that is what I was thinking, but trust me , I was in the same boat, but just think about it, it doesn't hurt to give Jayce a try" Micah said.

Dominick : " I'll let you know!" Dominick said.

Micah : " okay I love you man" Micah said.

Dominick : " I love you too boo" Dominick said, as he hung up the phone.

➖➖➖➖➖

Dominick looked in the mirror and was thinking about what Micah said. ' I guess it wouldn't hurt to give him a try, I mean he's cute, and was nice to talk to, I guess I could give him a try... But, I'm still in love with Tevon" Dominick thought to himself. He took a shower and put some clothes on  and decided to go for a jog, knowing that running helps clear his mind. Back in high school, Dominick was on the track team and baseball, so running was his bread and butter. Dominick had on a grey jogging suit. He, Put on a SnapBack with the brave's team logo. He walked down stairs in his apartment and grabbed a small bottle of water and went out the door and started jogging.

As, he jogged he was thinking about Tevon. He was thinking of the times when he and Tevon would go running just for a Morning run as they used to do and remembering how Tevon would slow down a bit acting as if something was wrong with him, and when Dominick checked on him he would outrun him. Dominick started laughing. Another memory he had was when they would workout together and Dominick hated how Tevon would outrun him on the treadmill. He missed those days. He also thought about Jayce and how he liked how Jayce was giving him full attention and how he noticed Jayce smiling for some odd reason everytime Dominick would say something funny, even though Dominick thought that he was never a comedian at times. Dominick didn't know what to do.

As he kept running he felt the air brushing against his clothes and his face, and feeling every breeze giving him a boost to run more and flow with the wind. He enjoyed those days when he was running in track back in high school. He always came in first place and was even offered a scholarship to run in college but he never took it, because on the side of not doing sports he always took the time to write and express himself through poetry and a few stories here and there, that's why he took up film because he wants to be a filmmaker and writer. He Kept running and running and suddenly bumped into a hard, firm chest. He fell to the ground hard.

" my bad, are you okay?" The familiar strong voice said. Dominick was feeling the pain but when he looked up it was Jayce. Jayce was half naked with black and yellow sweat pants on. He had beat headphones on and some water in his hand. He grabbed on to Dominick's hand and picked him up like a feather. "You okay, Dominick, did I hurt you?" Jayce asked, looking sympathetic. Dominick was a bit speechless as he secretly looked at jayce's body. It was muscular and he noticed there were a few tattoos on his body. He even noticed the fraternity symbol on jayce's right shoulder.

" hey, Dominick, are you there?" Jayce said, waving his hand to get Dominick's attention. " oh, I'm okay I think! 'OW' "my ankle, I think I sprained it!" Dominick whined with a bit of pain. " let me take you to the hospital my car is up the street, you think you can make It? Jayce asked, looking more concerned. " I think so!" Dominick said. " grab on to my shoulder, I gotcha " Jayce said, as he picked  Dominick up like it was nothing. " woah, what are you doing" Dominick said, with a bit of suprise. " I gotcha!" Jayce said, looking into Dominick's brown eyes. Dominick couldn't do anything but just look at Jayce. A couple blocks down , Jayce put Dominick in the car. Dominick looked around even though he was in pain, and noticed his car was clean, but had a few items here and there. " wow, this is nice, when did you get this?" Dominick asked. " I got this when  I was 18 for my birthday, it  was a gift from my mom and dad." Jayce said. " nice, wish I had something nice like this!" Dominick said. " it's alright, material things don't matter to me as much" Jayce said, as he grabbed a sleeveless Clark Atlanta football shirt from the front seat. Dominick pulled out his water and drank some of it trying to stay hydrated.

   A couple minutes passed and they made it the Grady hospital. Jayce gently picked up Dominick and carried him to the entrance. " Jayce you don't really have to do this... I'll be O—" Dominick said but was interrupted. " D, I got this; trust me!" Jayce said. " I need a wheelchair" Jayce shouted. A nurse got a wheel chair and Jayce gently laid Dominick in the wheelchair. " thank you mam" Jayce kindly said. " you're welcome" the nurse said. " ill take it from here" the nurse said. The nurse was a black lady looked to be in her late 40s. She was plump and short. " do you know what happened?" The nurse asked. " Well, I was running and—" Dominick was interrupted again. " he was running and he bumped into me and he sprained his ankle , by accident" Jayce explained. Dominick looked at him, and was thinking that, maybe I should give him a chance. The nurse took him to the E.R., to get checked out. " I'll be here waiting for you!" Jayce said, as he saw the nurse rolling Dominick away.