Chapter 20: Am i ready??

Dominick Mm

Dominick and Jayce were out and about riding around. They stopped at Baskin and robins to get some ice cream.

" hey, babe, what flavor do you want??" jayce asked, as he had his hands around Dominick' waist.

" hmm, well I like cookie dough and then I also like cheesecake..so I don't know what do you think??" Dominick asked, Jayce.

" how about I get cookie dough and you get cheesecake and we can just sample it from each other??" Jayce smirked.

" boy bye, let's just do it a double scoop. " Dominick said.

" okay, cool, well I know I'm getting cookies and cream. " Jayce said.

They ordered their ice cream and took a seat outside of the place.

" so, hey I was wondering if you wanted to meet my parents?" Jayce said.

Dominick choked a bit!

" wait... Your parents??" Dominick said, coughing a bit.

" you okay?" Jayce said, as he patted Dominick on the back.

" yeah, but your PARENTS??" Dominick said.

" yeah man, I mean we've been together for 3 years now and I was thinking that it's time for me to introduce you to them besides we are getting engaged.. And I was thinking maybe I could meet yours too!" Jayce said. Looking a bit optimistic.

" Jayce this is really a big step and I know you love me and all but I don't think I'm r—" Dominick was interrupted.

" look, Dominick you don't have to if you don't want to I mean.. I know us being together was a bit crazy but I love you and I want you in my life.. And , you can take the time you need. But, I do want to meet your parents for sure!" Jayce explained.

" well, Jayce my parents aren't ... How can I put it.. Aren't.. As open minded.. Not saying they aren't closed minded but, they are the type where you have to warm up to them." Dominick explained.

" I love a challenge!" Jayce said.

" hmm... You a trip, babe!!" Dominick said laughing.

They got done with their ice cream and headed back to the car. Dominick got a call from Micah.

" hey, Micah what's up??" Dominick asked.

" nothing much just wanted to check on you.. And stuff!" Micah said.

" Micah spill the tea.. What's up?" Dominick said.

Jayce looked over showing concern.

" so, I bumped into Tevon!" Micah said.

There was silence for a minute.

" hey, you okay?" Jayce said, as they were pulling out and out on the road coming To a red light.

" yeah, everything is fine." Dominick said.

" so, what happened?" Dominick asked.

" we just talked and I told him about the kid and us being married and that he's married.. And.. He still thinks about you!" Micah explained, sounding unsure some.

" well, good for him... And I got to come by and see you guys!" Dominick having a little irritation under his voice.

" yeah, but.. Hey let's catch up around 2:00 of you got time." Micah said.

" alright cool.. Well, see you later!" Dominick said.

" alright!" Micah said.

Dominick hung up the phone and just looked out the window.

" everything okay?" Jayce said, driving and looking concerned.

" yeah, I guess.. Just heard something I wasn't ready to hear!" Dominick said.

"" like what?" Jayce asked.

" don't want to talk about it right now, Jay can we just go home or where ever you going." Dominick said, as he kept his eyes out at the window.

Jayce was silent and just drove.

Deep down, Dominick had so many thoughts going on.

" am I ready for Jayce and I?

" why now, with the the parents!"

" tevon.. Man.. Why now??"

" am I ready to face the past and future!!"

Dominick was snapped out of his thoughts by Jayce's hand on his. Dominick looked at Jayce and was a bit worried but he faked it with a smile and just wondered is this where he's meant to be. He loved Jayce he really did.. But, why is Tevon still on his brain.