FORGOTTEN FLAME-1

CHAPTER 2

FORGOTTEN FLAME

"RING...RING...RING...!" Phone rang. I was watching football game lying on tottering couch. I glanced over screen, it was an unknown number.

'Must be some nut dialed wrong number!' I thought and slid the green flicker to satisfy my elegance.

"Hmm...! who is this?" I mumbled.

"Hey Sameer! What's up bro, where are you?" He asked vigorously.

'This sounds familiar!' I anticipated. I was not expecting any call from someone appertained to my cell number.

"Vicky?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yeah bro it's me!" He replied warmly. 

"Hey..! how are you? How's your job going?" I asked impatient.

"Everything is wonderful! Look I'm in a train compartment now, will arrive at noon possibly." He replied.

"What? I mean it's great! And where is DK? Isn't he coming with you...?" I asked.

"He is! Just went to buy some snacks from contiguous kiosk." He replied.

"OK then! See you at evening, happy journey!" I said.

"What? Aren't you coming to receive us?" He annoyed.

"Oh! Actually I promised mom to go with her for groceries at noon. So!" I said evasively.

"You lazy couch potato. At least don't use your mom to conceal your sluggishness."He ranted.

"Alright, tell me, is there a couch or a bed?" He asked curiously.

"Why...?" I asked meticulously. The question was not raw to me, but I was missing that absurd mockery so I let him pour out.

"Tell me, I have to tell you something important." He insisted.

"Couch! Now tell me." I answered deliberately.

"Good! Now lie over it and crawl until you hit the floor...Ha...Ha...!" He scoffed.

"You idiot..!" I chuckled.

"Bye, Bye.. See you at evening." He said and disconnects the call.

I used to spend my whole day lying on a bed or a couch when I was having this luxury due to my excruciating injury which inspired them (my friends) to create frilly shades of nonsense to tribute my incapability. Such a jibe-junkie they were.

They never missed any lucrative opportunity they made or accidentally got to jeer me, always roast my condition. But liked it, those scoffs actually worked as a medicine over my internal wounds which couldn't be healed but it used to mitigate my grief for awhile.

They were not like those hypocrites who used to sympathize me over and over again just to debilitate me,  each occasion, made me feel pathetic and vulnerable day by day. Fortunately they weren't like them, which emerged them one inevitable necessity of my life.

They never let me feel pity for myself; with them I used to feel enthusiastic. They were true friends, won't let you driven by negativity, always motivates you. 

Even they used to transform into  motivational speakers often, whenever they found a collegiate in depression. They used to stab him with dagger tongue steeled with stimulating quotes, line or phrase they have read  on articulation page or heard in some Tom Hanks movie.

They used to indulge in their own speech profoundly that one had to beseech clemency to them, palm on head to pledge of  decaying the brooding anxiety. One who has endured their brutality used to became cautious before them towards any sign of anxiety which could cause them a real shrink.