TREK OF SKEPTICISM

CHAPTER 6

TREK OF SKEPTICISM

"I'm telling you Vicky! They are cooking something I can smell it." Sneha said. It was recess time; they both were perambulating in college campus arguing over yesterday's canteen incident.
"It is nothing between them! You're overreacting." Vicky replied evasively. I had proclaimed the caveat to Vicky not to tell the first thing about me and Purvi. Sneha was candid nature; she couldn't hold any secret for an hour.
"Then why they're unusually conversing alone in the classroom?" Sneha countered.
"Maybe Sameer is just explaining Pragati some subject related queries or vice versa." Vicky implied.
"I utterly examined them but there were no evidence, not even a piece of a paper which suggests that they are." Sneha said rashly.
"Maybe they're just chatting like we both usually do. Just stop scratching your mind." Vicky declined.
"But we have mutual understanding! We are best friends since kinder garter. Right..!" Sneha said.
"Yeah..! Still, JUST FRIENDS..!" Vicky mumbled.
"What did you say?" Sneha asked.
"Nothing..!"Vicky stated in desperation, concealed his intrigue, obscured by his hesitated but infatuated feelings, which constantly yearns to spread its plume to lure Sneha in its effulgent shades.
"You know after that Canteen Scandal there is a buzz around campus that Sameer and Pragati are having an affair." Sneha said.
"They're just creating hype! You know it very well." Vicky frowned upon.
"And what's this Canteen Scandal?" Vicky exasperatedly stopped.
"They are friends after all, what's the problem if they sit together alone. And what's the big deal if Sameer grabbed Pragati's hand..!" Vicky said vehemently.
"We are living in an independent country; we are liberated to act free. And after all, it occurred in a college campus, in front of accustomed people. They will forget it gradually." Vicky said.
"But it was different Vicky!" Sneha asserted.
"It's normal; let me show you!" Vicky held her hand and rose in the air.
"See! No one noticed it, they overlooked." Vicky said.
"But..!" Sneha fretted.
"Don't be sceptical. It wasn't that serious as you're trying to imply." Vicky interrupted.
"It would be a real issue if he kneeled down at her feet while holding her hand and proposed her." Vicky said.
"It only happens in movies. Not in real world!" Sneha scoffed.
"No, it is pragmatic!" Vicky persisted. But she was still giggling over it.
"I'm serious Sneha! Don't make a fun of it." Vicky said in serious tone.
"Yeah, yeah...You're right! Mr.Bollywood..!" Sneha said sarcastically.
"Alright..! Let me demonstrate you!" Vicky agitated.
"Wait, What...?" She lurched.
Vicky abruptly grabbed her hand, kneeled at her feet and spread his other hand to finish his move.
Suddenly those accustomed people who were seconds before crawling like snails, charged up and surrounded them perplexedly.
"Hey look guys! Vicky is proposing Sneha!" Someone shouted in crowd.
Sneha jolted, she hurriedly twitched her hand from Vicky's grip and ran away anxiously. Vicky was bewildered after he realized what he had done.
And he again dragged down his ever widening aspiration to engrave his name on celestial graveyard after spending contented period swamped by Sneha's overwhelming proclaimed love.
And a horrific voice-over shrilled in background...
"Will they be together again..? What he would do now..? Will he prevail..? Stay tuned we will be right back..!" A man from radio channel spoke up from warden's vintage radio.

"What's happening? Why are they making so much noise?" I asked to Pragati as we heard the commotion.
"Let's see!" Pragati said. We marched towards that shindig.
[Indistinct chatter]
"Hey what happened?" I asked.
"Vicky just proposed Sneha!" Someone explained.
"What...?" We shouted unison.
"Where are they?" I asked rashly.
"Don't know man! They both ran in opposite direction." They stated.
"Pragati you find Sneha, I look up for Vicky!" I said.
Pragati nodded and we marched in anticipated directions. We both started exploring the whole campus.
I was anxious over Vicky's mental state, because I knew that Vicky adores Sneha. He could be menace for himself in the influence of anguish. I couldn't let that happen, I must had found him.
"Hey did you see Vicky?" I asked some random student.
"Yeah..! I saw him running towards library." He explained.
"Thanks!" I said and rushed to library.
I glanced anxiously to find Vicky as I entered at library hall.
"Oh..! There you are." I sighed as I saw Vicky. He was sitting on a last bench at the corner of a library hall, facing down on the floor.
I marched towards him. He was frustrated in pang, I observed as I came close to him.
"Where the hell you have been man? I searched almost every building of college!" I yelled in raucous.
He looked at me, his face was coloured with anxiety. His feet were shimmering restively, I could hear constant tap of his boots.
"I'm an idiot! How could I be such a stupid? She won't see my face again. I'm finished!" Vicky fretted.
"Calm down! It's not the end of the world." I tried to mitigate.
"First of all tell me, what on earth made you to propose Sneha at college campus while those buttheads were around you?" I ranted and vehemently sat before him.
"Whole college was there and witnessed your nitwit act." I said.
"We all know that you are totally flat in her love, and we are in a favour of it! You should have proposed her, but at some private place." I stated.
"But instead you chose to make a statement, you announced it in public." I scolded him.
"What were you thinking of yourself, you're a protagonist of some B-grade romantic movie?" I reprimanded.
"You spread your hands in the air and she would run madly towards you and embrace you!" I said sarcastically.
"I know I have made a huge mistake. But it wasn't deliberate! I was just demonstrating her, the ideal stance to propose." He explained in desperation.
"But why she wanted to see?" I agitated.
"No she didn't! We were just arguing over standard processor to propose. I just wanted to prove my point." He answered foolishly.
"You're such an arsehole!" I raved.
"Please help me Sameer! I can't live without her! We are best friends since the day we shared our lunch boxes at kinder garter. We never split up since then. There is not a single day I have spent without her." He mourned.
"I can't imagine my life, without her existence. She is my obsession. I would die without her!"He said in restiveness.
"You're overreacting! She is just shocked and bit upset over you. Just give her some time to relieve." I tried to solace.
"You do not know her!" Vicky said.
"I mocked her several times, in public or in friends. But she never resented! But this time she is serious." Vicky said while making horrible gestures.
He then stood up agonisingly, and started crying out loud like mongrel.
"Upon my soul..! She will never talk to me again! What I had done! I have lost her! I can't live without her! Oh God, someone please kill me!" Vicky yelled frantically.
The students who were studying that time at the library got disturbed, stood up on their position and started looking at us.
I was afraid, if anyone of them would inform to librarian, then we could be expelled at least for a week.
"Vicky! Stop it!" I said. I was trying to calm him down but he was jabbering and yelling vociferously.
"I said stop..!" I shouted in agitation.
[Slapped]
I whomped on his face, I had no other options left. He forced me to use my last resort.
He was stunned. All other students hurriedly sat back on their sits like nothing happened.
"You slapped me!" Vicky said in shock while his hand on his left cheek.
"You left me helpless! But it is not important you must have to focus on Sneha!" I said vehemently to divert his focus.
"Sneha's resent should be your foremost concern." I added. He moved his attention towards Sneha, and again started mourning.
"Oh! Sneha..!" He mumbled and slumped.
"She is not gonna forgive me!" He lamented and again sat back in despair.
"Don't worry! She will be with you again." I said enthusiastically, and clapped on his back, I was fed up with playing mother, watching him crying like a baby.
"But how..?" He asked me in amazement.
"You just behave normal and let us handle the situation." I answered.
"Now let's get out from here before you create any other scene." I said.
We walked out from the library. I left Vicky at canteen and went back to meet Pragati.
"So how is she?" I asked to Pragati.
"Horrible! She is very upset; she even refused to talk to me." Pragati described.
"They do love each other. Any other time she would accept his proposal. But the place he accidently chose; spoiled their relationship." I stated.
"You're right Sameer! They both have feelings for each other. But this incident has created a void between them." Pragati said.
"We have to do something. We can't let them suffer. They will be destroyed in agony." I said anxiously. She nodded.
"Vicky is not in a mental state to fix this up itself. And Sneha will despise him, regardless of how much she desperate for him." I added.
"But then what about our plan..? What about Purvi..?" Pragati asked impatiently.
"She is my first priority! And I'm determined for her! But yet our friends are in trouble. I can't turn my back over them. We must help them." I replied.
"But how..?" Pragati asked.
"I think it's time for 'Tryst in canteen'." I declared like I'm some kind of a baron whose company is currently at stake.
"But what we will do in canteen?" Pragati asked.
"What we usually do, Confer and Concur..!" I replied in serious tone.
"But we never did any conference without our dignitaries!" Pragati asked like frightened secretary.
"Then call them! Tell them it's urgent! Our potency is in trouble!" I replied.
And then after congregating our syndicate members at canteen we finally cancelled the conference as the recess timed out.
"Oh come on! I just ordered another veggie roll..! It is not fair!" Rishi sulked.
"Let's go back! I'm stuffed." DK said and stood up.
"Yeah..!" We conformed.
"Hey guys! What about me? I thought we gather to solve my problem...!" Vicky said perplexedly. He looked at us like miserable commoner who is seeking help from his leaders who came in his house after the rain floored his corn fields.
"Yeah we will..! But see, we have to go now!" DK replied while muffling paper napkin.
"But don't worry! Meanwhile we will contemplate over appropriate solution of your problem." DK assured him.
"Our deep condolences with you..!" And DK finally summed up with the punch line.

@@@

(Please don't forget to comment and vote if you would like to see more of it...)

...Thanks for the appreciation...