SURPRISE FOR SURPRISE - 2

CHAPTER 8

SURPRISE FOR SURPRISE...!

(Continue from surprise for surprise-1)

"Where have you been?" Pragati sulked over Vicky.
"Huh, Washroom..!" Vicky faltered.
"We all are waiting for you boys!" Pragati said.
"You can understand!" I replied and beckoned to Pragati.
"What took you so long?" Rishi again asked some awry question.
"Someone please put a doughnut in his mouth." DK whispered.
"Hey! Why are you sweating?" Avantika asked curiously. She was staring at Vicky suspiciously.
"Oh...! It's just water!" Vicky hesitated. But Avantika was still looking at him.
"OK guys! It's already been late. We should cut the cake." I suggested.
"Yeah..!" They said unison and stood up.
So we surrounded the table. Pragati took a knife into her hand. The knife was bulky, seemed to be like a butcher's knife. She used her both hands to control it.
"Happy B'day to you..! Careful...!" We screamed unison as she executed the cake. She swung that knife into the air and chopped the cake in two parts.
"Hey birthday girl smile!" Rishi said to capture the moment in his expansive phone. After the photo session and other formalities we sat back for supper.
"Thank you very much guys for this amazing party! I'm pleased! It is one of the most memorable birthday so far!" Pragati said.
"Seriously guys, I must say you done incredible arrangements! Make sure for my birthday as well." Sneha said in zest.
She was finally behaving normal. Now it was an auspicious opportunity to implement our plan.
"It was all Vicky's plan!" I replied.
"Yeah..! Vicky did all the arrangements, we just assisted him." DK added.
"Great job Vicky!" We clapped on his back.
"So Vicky! Sneha's birthday is also your responsibility." Pragati said in zeal.
"Sure why not!" Vicky answered.
He looked at Sneha but she ignored him. His face again turned sad. We could see his complications. Then waiters arrived and served us cuisines.
Vicky was eating in frustration. Sneha surpassed each time we tried to acquaint her with Vicky. Now it was Rishi's responsibility to execute the second stage of our plan.
"Hey! Sneha can you pass curd to Vicky!" Rishi insisted.
"You can take it by yourself." Sneha replied. We looked to Rishi in agitation. He signalled us to wait.
"Hey! Sneha please pass that plate to Vicky." Rishi pleaded to Sneha.
"It is a hand ahead you! You can take it by yourself." Sneha annoyed. We looked at Rishi in rage. He begged us for one more chance.
"Sneha..!.. Caramel pastry..Please..!" Rishi faltered.
"Rishi...! Stop irritating me!" Sneha yelled at Rishi.
Now we all were staring at him furiously. He freaked out. Like someone get a reach to his concealment, simply by typing three magical letters on his computer's search box. We can understand that it's a basic necessity of human body.
But you should know that if someone let you use his personal computer, it doesn't mean that you get the authority to excavate his private folders to mastur... I mean to corroborate your anticipation in the influence of Kama...., I mean qualm.
We stopped Rishi, before Sneha would have slapped him and went off resentfully.
So our second plan slumped on the ground pathetically as we anticipated. But it gave us an appropriate idea of Sneha's animus.
We finished supper. Now it was DK's turn to begin the final showdown. We signalled each other to be prepared.
"May I have your attention please..!" DK insisted. They looked at him.
"So happy birthday Pragati! Again! You deserve!" DK said.
"Thanks!" Pragati replied like a puppet.
"See this kind occasion only come once in a year in each life, which makes it so special and divine. Just like our festivals!" DK spoke, they were listening him attentively.
"And this sane day we can add a fresh chapter in our life by forgiving people who did hurt us in past by mistake." DK said.
"We can sort out our disputes which built on misconceptions. By doing this we can eradicate the burden of resent and grief from our heart and retrieve the mutual trust." DK added.
'Keep it on! You're doing great. They're listening to you!' I was thinking in excitement.
"So starts from me! I've a complaint against the entire women fraternity." DK said. All the girls on the table were looking at him curiously like he said something offensive.
He could get in trouble as we had majority of women on the table meantime.
"You all are breathtaking! It is not fair to be such adorable. You're killing us softly!" DK said dramatically. They all scoffed after listening.
'Oh! Thank God..! He didn't say something stupid.' I thought.
He played his trump card which he used to throw on girls to cash his charm. This time it was Avantika who was going to be his next potential target.
"Well that's our duty! We have the responsibility to put a rein on men so they do not turn maniac and end up in rehabilitation centre, or in some cases in mental asylum." Avantika replied in same ease.
[We all laughed]
"My turn now..!" I said.
I took it as an opportunity to clear the misunderstanding between me and Purvi.
"Well I want to apologize if I hurt somebody by my naive actions. But I never meant to do that, it was unintentional. Still I'm really sorry for that." I said.
"And I'm keen to make things better with those whom I did hurt mistakenly." I said. I was looking at Purvi, in hope that she would look back at me. But she didn't. But her expression changed a bit after hearing me out.
'She is still upset on me. God please help me!' I prayed in my mind.
"What about you Rishi?" Sneha asked.
"Uh, Nothing special..!" Rishi replied.
"Good!" DK interrupted to break the conversation.
"And Avantika, tell us about you. I'm eager; I mean we're eager to know you better." DK approached.
'He again started. He should know that she is not a regular one, she lives in metro city. Your magic is not gonna work here.' I thought.
"I have so much to share! It depends on what you wanna listen!" Avantika said as she gave sensuous look to DK.
'Oh my god..! She is buying it!' I thought perplexedly.
"Well I'm about to begin my carrier in modelling after graduation. Currently I'm a freelancer." Avantika said.
"Oh Wonderful..!" DK flattered.
DK was gradually increasing his probability by fuelling her ego. And surprisingly it was working fine.
"I've already done some ramp walk at local fashion shows, and also appeared in several local ads." Avantika bragged.
"Wow!" DK again flattered.
"Now I'm aiming multinational platforms for next year." Avantika said.
'Why does she need to wait a whole year, though she can get one in her own city, the airport; it is also a multinational platform.' I thought and chuckled. Avantika noticed me and gave me a distant look.
"Actually I was thinking to join modelling lately, I also did a portfolio. But I'm bit concern over my success rate as you know that the competition level is much higher." DK said rashly.
"You don't need to worry about it. You have killer looks and brawny body as well. You will do fine." Avantika replied.
"Do you think?" DK asked avidly.
"Yeah..! Off course!" Avantika said in zest. Now DK's confidence went sky high.
"I will give you my number, so you can contact me near future if you would want any help." Avantika said.
"Oh thanks! So nice of you!" DK answered politely but I knew he was dancing vociferously in his mind.
"Hmm...Ahmm [clearing throat]...!" Pragati intruded.
"I think Avantika has given you sufficient information. So we should move on now." Pragati said distantly.
"Yeah! Sure!" Avantika and DK said unison, and smiled at each other.
Pragati was ferociously staring at them. She was burning in jealousy, somehow controlling her flames.
"Purvi you want to say something?" Pragati asked.
"No." Purvi said, as I anticipated.
"OK then Sneha?" Pragati moved to Sneha.
"No! Nothing..!" Sneha said.
"Seriously..! You do not want to say anything?" Pragati asked again.
"No!" Sneha declined.
"Vicky it's your turn now! Don't you have something to say?" Pragati asked to Vicky as we planned.
Now we were at the brink of our plan. It was all up to Vicky. All the preparation and hours of training was on stake and off course our friend's life as well.
We were looking quiet desperately at Vicky. Actually Vicky was constantly staring at the knife which was on the table. He was totally unaware of what's going on.
"Vicky!" DK nudged him.
"Huh!" He shivered like someone poured a bucket of cold water in his sleep.
"Don't you want to say what's in your mind?" I asked.
"I... mind...Say...!" Vicky stuttered like a drunkard.
"You do want to say something! Right!" We tried to push him.
"Yes! I have to say something!" Vicky said vehemently. Sneha glanced at Vicky as she heard him.
"I want to apologise! I hurt you; I'm the reason of your grief. Because of me you have endured so much pain!" Vicky said looking at Sneha.
'Keep it up buddy! You're on a right track. You have practiced this whole week. Just maintain the emotional level!' I was cheering him silently.
"I know that you lied about your sickness. You were upset on me, because of me you had to endure humiliation in front of whole college." Vicky said.
"I deserve your ignorance and aversion. But trust me Sneha it wasn't deliberate, it just happened by mistake. I want to.." Vicky pleaded.
"That's enough! I'm going!" Sneha shouted vehemently.
"Stop Sneha..! He is apologising for his mistake. At least listen to him." Pragati insisted.
"Yeah..! Pragati is right. He is your best friend; you can't just boycott him without hearing his explanation." I asserted.
"He arranged all this just for you!" DK added.
"Sneha, we know that you have feelings for Vicky. Your heart wants to believe him but the animus of humiliation is clouding your thinking. Just give him one chance to redeem." Pragati said.
"I hate him!" Sneha yelled.
"You Vicky..! What's your problem? What do you want to prove?" Sneha raved at Vicky. Sneha was trying to hold her emotions, her face and eyes got reddened.
"First you mortified me before the entire college; and then you mischievously planned this meretricious party, to impress me! What did you think?" Sneha ranted.
"You will mesmerize me by throwing flamboyant party by your dad's money, and you would buy an apology! That' your perception on my behalf? You have made a farce of me. I hate you!" Sneha cried and stood up.
"Sneha stop yaar!" We said unanimously. She ignored, she was struggling to control her tears.
"Stop Sneha..!" Vicky shouted.
Then he hurriedly stood up and grabbed her hand. He somehow gathered the courage to attempt such a brave move. It was his soul, which was pushing him to hold on his beloved. We all stood up confoundedly.
"Live me! Please release my hand!" Sneha sobbed.
"Not until I tell you my feelings!" Vicky said.
It was looking like a scene of some romantic movie. Hero grabs heroine's hand when she tries to walk out sulkily, and Heroine tries to release her hand, although she does not want to, she just pretends that she wants to leave. That's exactly what we were watching at that moment.
"Please release my hand or I will scream." Sneha sobbed.
"Then do it! But I won't let you leave until you hear me out." Vicky said.
"Sneha..! Since my childhood, I have met with umpteen people, I have been friends with many of them, they came and went and life goes on." Vicky started.
"But the day you left me, the day you broke our friendship, I panged. I felt lonely for the first time, like some part of me faded away. The void which it left behind is permanent." Vicky explained his sentiments.
"Where did he learn this?" DK whispered avidly.
"He is speaking from his heart." I replied.
"There is no person on this planet that can fill this void, who can take your place in my life!" Vicky said.
"We are together since childhood. I had spent profound stint of my life with you, rather than my parents or anyone. You are my obsession Sneha, I'm addicted to you!"
"Your smile..! Your eyes..! The way you used to lean your head on my shoulder!"
"The look you made on your face whenever I used to mock you! You deliberately ask the same query, and me, explains you without any hesitation, just to spend more time with you." Vicky added.
We were listening to him quietly, even those folks who sat on near tables were also listening profoundly, and even a waiter was standing to watch, with his both hands engaged with platters.
"Sneha..! I can't see myself without you. There is no Vicky without Sneha! I love you Sneha!" Vicky solicited. He released her hand from his grip then.
"Finally he said it! Thank god!" We were celebrating behind him.
"I can't live without you. And still if you do not trust me, than kill me! My life is finished after your exit." Vicky said and agilely took a knife from table.
"What the fu**...!" DK shouted. We were bewildered; we anticipated a happy ending but Vicky suddenly changed the script.
"What's his intention? We didn't plan this right?" Pragati asked anxiously.
"He's serious guys! Do something!" Pragati fretted.
"He's going to cut his wrist!" Avantika said in excitement.
Then suddenly Sneha wiped her tears and ferociously turned towards Vicky.
She was on fire, the flames were pluming from her eyes. She grabbed Vicky's hand and took a knife into her hand. Vicky was looking confuse, and we were pointless.
"What's going on?" Pragati whispered in confusion.
"I have no idea!" I replied.
"I think Vicky's solo performance melted her heart." DK suggested.
"But why she is in so much rage?" Pragati asked impatiently.
"Don't know? Ask her!" I replied.
Sneha was staring at Vicky continuously. He was freaking out. He planned to use Sneha's compassion in his favour, but he mistakenly triggered her temper instead.
The chocolate of a cake was pouring on the floor from knife's slick and sharp corner. The chocolate was probably going to be layered with Vicky's blood.
We were rooted to ground, watching the whole drama like mute spectators.
"Please god help! Do something!" Pragati was muttering in panic.
"She's gonna kill him! I'm gonna witness a real murder. How amazing..!" Avantika said avidly.
"Chain-snatching, frenzy fights are accustomed, but a real murder is quite astonishing!" DK said in amazement.
"I never saw a real murder in my whole life. But tonight it looks like I'm going to witness one." I said. He nodded.
While we were discussing our experiences, Sneha was threatening Vicky, like a serial killer. Vicky's tongue slumped into his stomach; he was shivering like a mobile vibrator.
Everyone on that hall stood up from their chairs to see what's happening. Vicky and Sneha became overnight celebrity. The entire folks were watching them in excitement.
They all were enjoying it rather than terrified, like they were watching some kind of live horror show. Even some people were quietly cheering Sneha to behead Vicky.
We know that the crime serials and news hours on television are made to spread awareness throughout the vast area of people about the degraded reality of our society.
But the butter and so called Mirch-masala they use to make an episode graphically vibrant, actually those embellishment urges the malevolent nature of human and saps the sensitivity factor.
People are more curious and excited about crimes, murders these days, and beheading is in vogue. The hunger for crime is hitting the share market; it has become a new jam.
Those crime series have episodes for each age category, so anyone can have a crime on his plate as per his appetite.
And if you're about to witness a real crime scene, not on TV, but in real life, then it's like a treasure chest itself has came to their door and knocking...!
So Sneha came one step closer with a knife. Vicky got froze, his face turned blue in fear.
"Oh my God..! She will defiantly kill him." Avantika said.
"I can't see this!" Purvi jolted.
She grabbed my shoulder to hide her face, I was feeling very fortunate. Her hands touched me like someone covered my shoulder with silk fur.
It was like an oasis for me. I never felt this way before, it was euphoric, a lifetime experience.
I somehow reined over my sentiments to focus on a live crime scene.
"Sneha look! We can talk; you do not need to do this!" DK tried to disrupt. But she didn't respond. It was looking like she had made her mind.
She raised her hand which was carrying a knife, like an executioner. Vicky was shivering horrendously. She took a position and swung her hand forward.
"No...!" We all shouted. And covered our faces from our hands, and closed our eyes. Then suddenly a sound came into our ears, like someone threw a steel vouge on rocks.
We opened our eyes cautiously. First I looked on the floor; there were no blood marks, only a knife was lying on the floor.
"Hey look at them!" Pragati shouted avidly.
We turned our faces towards Sneha and Vicky. Sneha was holding Vicky in her arms; it was looking more like an embracement.
"Am I alive? Am I in paradise?" Vicky asked unconsciously.
"No you're still in hell. But don't worry now, I'm with you now!" Sneha replied.
"You had gotten me a heart attack, almost!" Vicky said.
"I was just joking!" Sneha smiled.
"Hmm... I love you! Come here." Vicky said and embraced Sneha.
"Me too..!" Sneha replied and they both embraced each other.
We moved to them. As we realised that it was just a prank, a horrible one.
The people who were watching this in excitement, sat back on their chair in desperation. They were staring at us in aversion, like we did their vasectomy, in the name of 'Enhance Fertilization Program'.
"Sneha you're insane!" Pragati sulked.
"Sorry yaar!" Sneha apologized.
"Superb play..! Outstanding performance! You awoke thrill in each hair of my body!" Rishi said zestily.
"What?" We yelled unanimously.
"I mean I got goose bumps!" Rishi corrected.
"If you would continue second more, than Vicky would definitely faint." I said.
"Yeah..! You're right." Vicky agreed.
"Well someone had to taught him a lesson, so I done it." Sneha said.
"And I have learnt it thoroughly. I won't let hurt you anymore. I promise." Vicky pledged as he looked into her eyes.
"I love you!" Vicky said.
"I love you too!" Sneha replied.
They were just gazing into each other's eyes; we were waiting for them to come back in real world. But they had lost themselves.
"Guys..! Hello!" We tried to disrupt but they didn't respond.
"I think they got hypnotized by each other. They won't listen to anyone. We should leave." DK suggested.
"OK! Let's go!" We said and marched towards exit.

(To be continued...)