ACCIDENTAL FORTUNE

CHAPTER 11

ACCIDENTIAL FORTUNE

Next day at noon in the hospital, I was sitting on my bed. My mom was cutting an apple beside me.
“Hey Sameer!” They called. It was again my friends. But it was bit of a surprise for me.
“Hey guys!” I greeted them as they came to me.
“You all come; don’t you have to go to the college?” I asked surprisingly.
“Actually we took a day off, to spend time with you, as you’re hospitalized.” Rishi said.
“So nice of you!” I replied.
“Namaste aunty!” They said unison.
“Namaste beta!” My mom replied.
“They all were standing beside me, Vicky, Sneha, DK, Rishi and Pragati.
‘Who is this behind Pragati?’ I thought as I observed. I was trying to find out but then suddenly that unknown person soberly came forward.
‘Hell no!’ I thought out loud.
It was none other than Purvi. I looked annoyingly at Pragati. My mom noticed my expression.
“Who is she? Son!” My mom asked to me.
“You never met me with her!” My mom teased me.
“Actually mom…She...Is…!” I faltered.
“She is my sibling aunty. Her name is Purvi!” Pragati introduced Purvi to my Mom.
“Nice to meet you Purvi!” My Mom said to Purvi.
“Me too aunty!” Purvi replied mildly.
“You’re so melodious!” My Mom said.
“OK beta, you talk, I’m in cafeteria.” My Mom said and went off.
As my Mom went off, Purvi swiftly came forward, she was furious over me. I could sense by her visage.
“Hey Purvi! Didn’t know you’re coming!” I said avidly with broad smile to calm the ambiance.
But she didn’t reply. She was constantly staring at me. I was frightened that moment. I was afraid of her; my body was shivering as she came closer to me.
I confronted almost ten men brawnier then me, but I didn’t even hesitated. But when Purvi came before me, I was freaking out over the assumption of her debacle reactions.
“I’m fine Purvi!” I fumbled in quavering voice.
She took her purse which she was holding in her hand and pelted on me. I somehow managed to block that attack by my quiet functional left hand.
I moved my hand from my eyes to see and suddenly a hand rapidly came towards my left cheek and clouted me firmly but it did affectively turned my head in fierce velocity.
It was Purvi who hurriedly came and slapped me. The sound of that slap drew attention of all the staff, patients and all others who were present in that ward.
They all were watching us surprisingly; maybe they saw for the first time, that some well wisher of a patient slapped him, regardless of that couture of bandages.
As I turned my dislocated face to see her, she clung me; she tightened her arms around my body and started crying.
She expressed her feelings which she was restraining internally. But finally my wounds broke all the confinements which were bounding her to embrace the divine love she had for me.
I was feeling pain due to the acute pressure she put over my injured body. But at the same time the extreme feeling of happiness was running into my veins.
I was feeling fortunate over my bruises. I wanted to embrace her back, but my injuries were preventing me to do so.
“Hey no assault on patient…!” Nurse shouted as she saw the incident.
‘Kill him instead, but after we discharge him. You beat him in the hospital; we have to bear him for more days. We have other patients too.” Nurse yelled.
“OK ma’am we understood!” DK pleaded.
“Who told you to confront them?” Purvi sobbed, as she loosened her grip.
She was so close to me, I could feel her breathe. Her face was clearly visible like gleaming fresh water. She was so beautiful; I just lost myself, my body just forgot all the pain.
I was just continuously gazing at her, while she was speaking. It was like heaven came on earth, I was having this feeling of complacent. It was the best and most euphoric moment of my life.
“Hey Purvi!” I said as I softly put my palm on her lips to stop her. She stopped speaking and looked at me queasily.
“Don’t cry!” I wiped her tears to calm her down.
“You’re so beautiful! “ I said while looking straight into her eyes.
She stopped crying. We gazed for awhile. Then I spread my left arm to embrace her, she leaned forward in my arm, her face was on my heart.
That time I was feeling like my soul got freed from this circle of life and death.
She touched my soul when she came in the concealment of my arms. God made us for each other and thus he finally proved his prophecy. Our soul got connected that day.
“I’m sorry Sameer if I…” Purvi mourned.
“Don’t need an explanation. Your eyes have revealed everything.” I interrupted and gave a peck on her forehead. 
“You hear those heartbeat, they are saying something!” I said to Purvi.
“What are they saying?” She asked as she looked at me.
“I love you…!” I said. She smiled and again leaned back in my arms.
“I love you too Sameer!” Purvi said. We just stayed in each other’s arms.
It was like we both didn’t meet for ages due to some saint’s curse, as she was his daughter and I was his disciple who married to his daughter without his permission and as a result he gave us a gift of separation.
But finally God commiserate over and freed ourselves, and now we could hold each other’s hand without any hesitation.
“Hmm! Guys, everybody is watching you.” Pragati interrupted.
“You can do this any other time. There is a whole life ahead for both of you to cuddle up.” DK said sarcastically.
“Yeah! We will come again tomorrow. So preserve your love.” Sneha teased. We controlled our emotions and came back on earth.
“Who is Sameer here?” Inspector came vehemently and asked to nurse.
“There, bed number 12” She replied. Inspector marched towards us with his aide.
“You are Sameer?” He asked.
‘Yeah!” I replied.
“Any problem sir?” DK asked.
“See Mr.Sameer, we are here for your statement. We went to the accident spot to investigate, we talked to local merchants. They told us that some mob attacked you, and they pushed you front of that van.  Is it true?”  He asked.
DK and all of my friends were going to explain everything, but I interrupted them before saying a word.
“No sir…! I was alone there. It was just a bad luck.” I said. My friends looked at me in agitation, but I beckoned to stay calm.
“Look! We know that that Vijay and his scoundrel clique attacked you. Just give me your statement. You do not need to fear them, I will give you protection.” Inspector approached me.
“Sir, trust me! That is no such matter; it was just a bad luck. I was just at wrong place at wrong time. That’s it.” I replied.
‘OK then! Take care.” He said in desperation and went off.
“What are you doing Sameer? It is our golden opportunity to sack him.” DK sulked.
“He’s still our friend guys! He is just lost. He is seeking attention from us that’s it. He still needs us!” I said.
“But he pushed you before van! He tried to kill you.” Rishi agitated.
“No..! It wasn’t him. It was his flatterer who was behind it.” I explained.
“But he was the one ho dictate them to attack you.” DK ranted.
“No..! His friends attacked me as I hit one of them. See! I can’t spoil his future by putting him behind bars, for the crime which he didn’t perform.” I replied.
“But he almost killed you!” Pragati implied.
“But I’m still alive!” I said. They all were looking at me in desperation.
“See! He’s just misguided by his grieves and anger. And if I…we won’t help him then it would be impossible to get that Vijay who used to be our best friend. We can’t give up on our friends, guys!” I said.
But!” They interrupted in restiveness.
“See! If I were on the position of Vijay, then wouldn’t you help me?” I asked. They all silenced.
“You and your philosophical brain..!” Rishi muttered.
“OK! Bye then! See you tomorrow.” They said.
“Take care Sameer!” Purvi fretted.
“I will!” I smiled and kissed her hand.
And they went away.
‘So except the inconvenience, the good thing to praise is that I finally got Purvi’s attention, not just attention but she finally accepted that she loves me as well. It all seems to be like a dream. Oh Purvi! ’ I thought and again lost in her memories.
“Thank you God…! You’re the best..!” I prayed.

@@@

(Pardon me for the delay...
I hope you would like this chapter..
Don't forget to comment and vote....)

...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE...