SIDE EFFECTS OF LOVE

CHAPTER 9

SIDE EFFECTS OF LOVE

I finally proposed Purvi. But it didn't work out as anticipated; I mean, I thought she would decline it thoroughly, but instead she emancipated words spoke up her heart and showed a glimpse of her perturbed sentiments; though she refused me anyway.
She wanted to embrace my proposal but some confinement was sapping her will power. I could feel her dither; could do nothing but watching her burning underneath.
It was very relax for my muscles which were flexed before I was stumbling to propose her. But again a mountain of heavy burden unnecessarily took place over my tiny head thereafter.
All the routes which lead to Purvi were blocked by. I was stuck amid the traffic, congested with emptiness. It was suffocative, like tropical and arctic winds marrying with each other and I'm the only unfortunate to be guest in this absurd ceremony.
The awe inspiring sensations were bewildering me; thousands of thoughts were running in my head, jumbling and tossing onto each other.
A thought of losing her forever was the most excruciating; it was making me nervous, pushing me to the depression ward. I was feeling something pinching on my hand, increasing force gradually.
"Wake up Shivam!" Somebody was chanting it like noisy mantras in my ears.
Then suddenly my body started shimmering like someone lurching it ferociously. I was struggling to prevent a free fall from the rope on which I was walking dead.
But that somebody used his strength and horrendously pushed me down.
"No...!" I screamed.
I saw people sitting in column were staring at me in surprise.
"Wake up buddy! It's your stop." Suddenly that same frightening voice appeared in my ears. I freaked out and looked towards.
It was DK.
"Thank God!" I sighed. He gave me confused look. I stood up and alighted on the stop.
"Everything will be alright." He said in delighted tone while sitting on a window seat like a child as he used to do. I smiled and waved.
He went with the strident sound of the bus. I started moving towards my home. My legs were become rigid; I was hauling them to move forward.
I was strolling secluded on a desolated path with a companion of street lights which were worsening the situation both inside and outside.
Those trees were like staring at me, even stones and rocks beside the road, even dried shit of stray animals situated consecutively (most probably cows) were looking at me in disgust.
Like I broke their trust, I didn't come up to their expectation. Now those cows have to find another shepherd who doesn't shit over their sentiments.
"What happened son? I made your favourite!" My mom asked me anxiously at dinner table.
"Hello son! Here!" My dad tried to divert my unconscious brain by his disrupting swag. I looked at them.
"Your mom is asking you something!" My dad said in raucous voice.
I heard my mom at first place but my grief was driving my mind crazy. I couldn't make my family think suspicious over my behaviour, which was obvious.
So I picked up a fork with lame hand and somehow finished my dinner. It was like force feeding a pig or a goat to butcher him later.
I skipped the training first time in my life, I felt no guilt about it. The zeal of playing football, living my passion was absent, like it was never present.
"Hey Shivam..! Why didn't you come up to training?" Rishi asked while we were sitting at college canteen. But I didn't reply and faked a smile.
"It's alright Shivam! Everything will be fine. We shall find another way." DK said to console me. I was desperate to talk to Pragati. But Pragati, Sneha and Vicky didn't show since last night.

'Oh God..! Where did I go wrong?' I kept questioning in the wind, while standing at a balcony at the evening.
"Oh Purvi..!" I mumbled in lament. It was a dog, pertain to my ward. He was mournfully crying from the street. (I know he was male because he used to pee on my bicycle by his third leg audaciously.)
His girlfriend was abducted in last week's incursion of Municipal Corporation or so called MC.
Since then he was crying in pathetic visage, her separation made him vulnerable. He was showing no interest to pee on my bicycle anymore. He even ignored quarrel with other dogs over leftovers.
I was noticing the same changes were happening to me. Those activities which were essential part of my life were feeling mundane thenceforth.
I could see myself living in the lonely, eating stale food from dustbin. Sleeping on a filthy couch made up of entire cities litter.
It was quite horrible but it was going to be my future. I couldn't do anything to prevent my life becoming a joke. I had no chance to get back on track, because Purvi, my one and only love left me despite having emotions for me.