FORGOTTEN FLAME-2

CHAPTER 2

FORGOTTEN FLAME

(Continue from FORGOTTEN FLAME-1)

"What did you say?" We asked again. We heard him at first place but it was hard to believe.

"She got married guys." Vicky sulked.

"What? Seriously! When?" We asked impatiently.

"Pragati told me last week." Vicky said.

"Sorry bro! We didn't know that." We lamented.

"Don't worry guys! I had broken up with her last year. So the amount of agony is modicum." Vicky replied in quite voice.

"But Sneha and you were adorable couple man! I must admit it." DK said.

"Yeah! Apparently." I added.

"Until that bull-doze her." Vicky said and banged his mug on the table with frustration.

"For Sneha and her bull-dozer, I mean her husband." I announced. This time I raised my cup, they conformed me. We cheered up, and took a sip of a coffee.

"Don't worry Vicky. We stand with you." I said and clapped on his back.

"That's the problem! We do stand!" Vicky said. We laughed.

"That's the Vicky you're! Genuine, humorous and most indigenous Diaspora." I mocked and again clapped on his back.

"But it's a bitter fact that most of the girls from our generation or before us have been married or about to and the younger ones are booked by already." DK said and raised his eyebrows.

He evinced that it's time to be perceptive. He used to do this when the white end of the mug glimpsed. Now he was going to raise some social issue from his diffused tract.

"True!" We said unanimously. Now it was our time to be a mute spectator.

"You know, it is kind of a tradition made by bunch of narrow headed scum begs to repress women fraternity, and it is still being followed in modern era astonishingly. People who are literate also adhere blindly those conservative conceptual beliefs." DK said.

"One hand they talk about women empowerment, they even materialize it by educating them, which is admirable. But when it comes to marriage, they tends to follow the standard procedure which is made to deprive women from independence."He spoke up

They put a rein on women like an animal and forces to marry against her will ."

"What is the value of that education when she has to spend her lifetime at kitchen and taking care of her husband, he is your god and you're his servant....! You have to satisfy his thirst, irrespective to your will, you have to do it, it's your duty you're a woman....!"

"You are destined to spend your lifetime in the feet of your husband. That's your paradise!" DK said vehemently.

"I mean Come on Man!" DK yelled in agitation.

DK was an impulsive arrogant prick most of the times who loves to boast over his stereotype characteristics and Spartan look, but whenever it came to topics related to social tyranny or any other excruciating issue; he transformed into a discerning, sophisticated person with impeccable logic and stats.

People used to listen to him attentively whenever he opened his mouth over such topics.

"You're right!" We said unison in the support. It elevated his confidence, now he was in his peak.