HAUNTED BY A BEAUTIFUL DREAM-2

CHAPTER 3

HAUNTED BY A BEAUTIFUL DREAM

(Continue from HAUNTED BY A BEAUTIFUL DREAM-1)

Suddenly people started clapping. Rishi nudged me, I hurriedly turned my head and conformed.

Guests started coming over the floor to greet Vicky's father. My eyes were searching that woman among them, but she was not there.

"Hey what are you looking for? Cuisine has been deployed. Let's go...!" Vicky said. I nodded and followed them.

We reached towards catering. It was kind of more like refugee camp. All the people were standing in the queue for food, starving to death, pricking each other to move hurry.

We also joined them as we arrived just after crossing the front-line and bearing tortures from cruel delegates. And we finally prevailed to take cuisines by appetite. We hurriedly marched to collect chairs while our Gulab-Jamuns were sashaying in the plate.

We managed to arrange adequate chairs but stools were limited to balance our plates. I didn't get a stool so they reluctantly offered me their, but I politely declined and started wandering to find a vacant stool. 

After scavenging for almost 15 minutes I found one, near a chair on which a young lady was sitting upon. 

She was alone there, oblivious from her surroundings. I marched towards her. When I reached near her behind, I noticed that she was wearing the same Sari just like that interesting woman. 

Her face covered with Pallu of her Saadi, as same as that woman which I encountered earlier. I strolled gradually towards the stool like a stalker. 

Her Pallu slid by the wind as I reached besides her. Her face was visible from my side. I was curious to see her. But I bewildered when I saw her closely.

Her hand had burning scars, her neck, jaw and chicks were also filled with assaulted marks, suggested that she had been tortured several times, known as domestic violence. She was looking vulnerable, bone dry, was reminding me of someone.

"Excuse me miss! Can I take this stool if you don't' mind?" I asked politely.

But she didn't respond. She was emptily staring at the glass half full of water placed on the stool. So I picked that glass to draw her attention towards me.

"Hello Miss...! May I have this stool, if you don't mind?" I asked again chivalrously.

She looked at me; my mind struck me when I saw her eyes. They were familiar. Her eyes were reminding me of someone. 

She hurriedly covered her face, waved her hand as an approval. She suddenly stood up and strolled, she was limping during her walk. My mind was contemplating as she was moving.

"I saw those eyes before, but where?" I muttered. Then suddenly I realized.

"Purvi...!" I shouted. My mind urged me to corroborate.

She turned and looked at me. We gazed at each other like we were meeting after ages. Her eyes were desperate, trying to tell me something; I strolled towards her as I got captivated by her.

"Sameer...!" Rishi shouted as they came.

"Where the hell you have been?" DK sulked.

"I found a stool!" I replied perplexedly.