SURPRISE FOR SURPRISE - 3

CHAPTER 8

SURPRISE FOR SURPRISE...!

(Continue from surprise for surprise-2)

“Hey I have got the video of whole extravaganza!” Rishi said avidly as we reached to parking lot.
“Good! Send it to me.” DK said.
“Hey guys! Wait for us!” Vicky shouted as he came to us with Sneha.
“We thought you both going to bust-ed!” DK said sarcastically.
“OK guys we have to go!” Rishi said. And they sat in Rishi’s dad’s car.
“Bye DK!” Avantika said.
Bye Avantika! Hope to see you soon.” DK replied to consolidate his next meeting.
“Me too..!” She shouted. And Rishi accelerated to break their conversation, and they went away. 
“She is hot!” DK jigged in zest.
“Hey DK, I need a favour!” Vicky said to DK.
“Anything for you..!” DK replied in the influence of his recent achievement.
“Look I’m supposed to drop Sneha at her abode.  So can I borrow?” Vicky hesitated.
“Yeah!  Of course bro, no worry, you can take DK’s bike!” I interrupted.
Suddenly DK’s happy-go-lucky face turned into some horrible ghost of some B grade movies.
“Thanks! I will return it tomorrow!” Vicky delighted as he finally got that golden key from that pony-turned-monster; and went off with Sneha on the back sit.
“Why did you let him!” DK sulked.
“Forget it yaar! It’s the best day of his life let him enjoy!” I interrupted facilely.
“Now how will we go to our home?” DK frowned.
“By public transport..!” I answered.
“Are you serious..? We would get old and perished by waiting for the bus.” DK stated like a sassy woman.
“Don’t worry we will get the bus.” I assured him.
“But what on earth you need to give up our only trustworthy conveyance?” DK yelled.
“It was a part of my plan. I told Vicky to take Sneha at lake side on your bike.” I replied.
“What? You did this!” DK shouted in amazement.
“Look! The bus stop is 15 minutes of walking distance from here.” I said.
“So?” DK asked.
“So! Purvi is here with Pragati, they both will go to bus stop!” I said.
“So?” DK again yelped and asked in same expression.
“So my plan is that I will use that 15 precious minutes to acquaint with Purvi.” I said and smiled. His face again turned disgusting like some perished cheese except the smell, it was all his expensive perfume.
“You know you all are insane! This shitty love is playing with your mind!” DK said in impulse.
“Please buddy, help me on this.” I pleaded.
“Alright let’s go, or they will walk away.” DK said. And we marched towards the patio.
“Hey! Where were you been? And where are love birds?” Pragati asked as we reached to them.
“We flew them on DK’s bike!” I replied.
“Good! I mean, how do you both will go now?” Pragati asked as we planned.
“We have to take a bus from a bus stop.” I replied.
“I and Purvi are also going to the bus stop. You can come with us.” Pragati said.
“We don’t want to bother you!” I replied.
“We have no problem. Purvi do you have any problem?’ Pragati asked to Purvi.
“Uh..! No!” Purvi hesitated.
“See! We do not have any problem. Let’s go now.” Pragati said.
“Great! I mean thanks!” I replied in excitement. So we started walking. Pragati and Purvi were walking behind us.
“So! Now what..?” DK asked to me.
“When Pragati will call you, you have to say YES!” I whispered.
“That’s it! YES?” DK asked.
“YES!” I replied.
Then Pragati increased her speed meticulously. And I decreased mine deliberately.
“Hey! DK..!”Pragati called.
“YES!” DK said.
Then they paired up, and I paired up with Purvi, exactly as we planned. So now I was close enough to make an acquaintance.
“Hey!” I said. But she didn’t respond.
“You are still upset on me, because of that incident? I asked.
“No I’m not!” Purvi replied evasively.
‘Thank God! She finally said something.’ I thought.
“Then why you are ignoring me? You’re still resented over me.” I implied.
“I’ve forgiven you already, at old bazaar.” She replied mildly.
“So if you have forgiven me, then we can be friends.” I approached.
She stopped resentfully, I looked at her. We were still amidst the pathway to exit gate of the Grand Hotel. The luminescence of those lamps was farther from us, I was having difficulty to see Purvi’s face emphatically.
“See Sameer..! I know that you’re following me since that incident.” Purvi said.
‘How does she know I was following her? Maybe her friend told her!’ I thought.
“Whatever your intentions are in your mind is not going to be possible.” Purvi said defensively.
“So please..! Stop following me. I beg to you!” Purvi pleaded and beseeched.
“Hey! I have no such intentions; what are you talking about? How could you think like that? I sulked.
“See! From the day I saw you first, my life has changed.” I said.
“You can’t trap me by those pick up lines!” Purvi interrupted.
“What? Pick up line?” I agitated.
“Look Purvi..! I didn’t even know your name at first place; I didn’t know that some Purvi lives on this planet! I didn’t know and I didn’t care of it.” I said vehemently.
“My love and my life was football before you showed up and turned my whole life upside down. Since the day I saw you, my entire world have been changed. Every time I close my eyes I see your face, I can’t even concentrate on my game since then.” I poured out my sentiments.
“Look! I have never been in a relationship before, and I didn’t want so! My only destination was to be a professional soccer player and one day to play for national team.” I said what was in my heart.
“If you still think that I’m lying, then ask to your sister Pragati. She knows me for decade; at least you will believe her.” I said. She was quietly listening to me. Maybe she started believing in me.
“See Purvi..! I do not know what is love? But the symptoms I’m observing since the day I saw you first time, are clearly suggesting that I’m in a strong influence of a particular emotion which is so called LOVE from centuries.” I said.
“And now I’m apparently in love with you…!” I concluded. And finally I indirectly proposed her. I took a pause for her reply. My heart was fiercely beating like I just stopped after running for miles.
I was bit frightened over her next words. My vessels were rapidly circulating blood in my entire body. My mouth dried up by the awe inspiring sensations which I never felt before.
My body started heating; I was confused, struggling to hold myself. I wanted to scream out loud, but I had to look strong and determined before Purvi. I drastically pinched inner part of my lips to stay focused.
“See Sameer..! You’re a good person; you have bright future ahead of you! You can get any girl of your choice.” Purvi said politely.
“Then I chooses you..!” I pointed her and said. I wanted to embrace her that moment. She was just a step ahead of me, my heart was forcing me take a step but I firmly scold that child to wait.
“It can’t be possible!” Purvi replied in despair. She was trying to hold her emotions.
“But why..?” I jolted.
“Look! I know your family background and I’m aware of your situation as well. Pragati have told me everything about you; and it really does not matter for me Purvi. All I care about is you!” I said in conviction.
“If she had already told you everything; then you shouldn’t have asked.” Purvi said.
“See Sameer..! I have certain bounding, which I had decided from the day I started being perceptive. I can’t break my oath; and my promises which I did to myself.” Purvi said in desperation
“But then what is the advantage of those regulations if they prevent you from listening to your heart, and to follow your dreams. Why are you punishing yourself?” I got agitated.
“Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself to pay the debt you are bearing since birth.” Purvi replied in mild voice.
“But..!” I said.
“Please don’t say anything!” Purvi interrupted.
She was weeping, I couldn’t see her face due to a moderate light, but I could sense that as her voice was shaking.
“Please don’t say anything Sameer! This is the truth, that’s why we can’t be together. Please stop following me, and forget that we ever met. Please!” Purvi sobbed.
“But Purvi..! I love you..!” I tried t explain, but she ran away.
“Purvi…!” I screamed, but she didn’t look back. Pragati also ran before her. I slumped down on the road. DK came to me.
“What happened? What did she say?” DK asked.
“She needs more time. Huh!” I sighed.
“I should have hugged her; maybe that would melt her heart!” I scoffed.

@@@

(I hope you enjoyed this chapter so far...
Please don't forget to comment and vote if you want more of this story...)

...Thanks for the appreciation...