PARADOX-1

CHAPTER 4

PARADOX

"No...!" I screamed.

[Panting and heavily breathing]

I found myself on my bed. I tried to catch my breath first. Wet layer of sweat utterly seducing my stone cold body. I glanced over my surroundings, I sighed in relief when my senses signaled me thumps up over safety precautions.

"What the hell was that?" I mumbled.

"That was one terrible dream. Oh God...!" I sighed. I sat flinched on my bed for awhile, I was muffling in trauma. I could feel the pain, those bloody wounds which occurred after I suspiciously jumped through the window. 

I never experienced such dreaded sensations, it profoundly struck the thrill out of me; seemed to be surreal.

Only the jumping part and a shadow of a woman were remindful pieces from that horrible canvas. I was still missing the remaining and most important pieces which could justify the suspicious reason behind my suicidal jump, could also reveal the identity of that mysterious woman.

"RING...RING...RING...!" phone ranged.

I hurriedly moved to my filthy study table where the phone was frisking aloud. It was Vicky, I saw the time. It was 6:30 am. I was fucking late for the training session.

"Oh shit!" I muttered.

"Hello!" I faltered as I picked up the call.

"Where are you?" Vicky yelled. He was fuming. I could fill the steam of his words. Quite stinky by the way.

"Are you nuts..? We are calling since God cursed us with nagging friend like you!" Vicky raved.

'No my friend it's you.' The wise part of my brain name Cortex (bark of tree) was implying the ubiquitous truth.

"Look at the time you sloth it's 6:30 am...!"Vicky yelled.

"Sorry bro! I will be there ASAP." I replied.

"Whole team is waiting, you better come in 15 minutes or we will dump you for this session!" Vicky intimidated.

I got up from my bed hurriedly, took the nature's call, geared up as fast as I could. I even skipped the breakfast, eventually jumped over the gate and landed on a seat behind neighbor's John Abraham ( Bollywood's Martin Henderson) while he was going to gym adjacent to my college ground.  

"Sorry guys!" I said as I reached on the ground.

They all surrounded me like to chide; it was the first time when I reached late on the training session due to lack of sleep but they were not in the mood to commiserate.

"You took exact 15 minutes! But it didn't impress." Vicky said in stern voice frayed by his spear head words.

"We are almost 20 minutes late because of you. You are a vice-captain of our college football team now. Be responsive." DK said in serious tone.

"We are senior bro! We are now in a final year! At least don't let us down in front of juniors." Vicky sulked.

"Sorry guy! My mistake, I apologize." I said.

"What took you so long?" Rishi asked curiously.

"You were not even online last night, than what made you stand up for whole night?" He pricked me.

"Nothing bro..! Just haunted by a terrible dream. I jumped through kitchen's window and crashed on the ground!" I explained.

"How could you fell down? You should have been hit by a grill..!" Rishi argued.