I'M SERIOUS - 2

CHAPTER 5

I'M SERIOUS...!

(Continue from I'M SERIOUS - 1)

"Hmm... Because...!" I stuttered.
"Admit it! You do not have such explanation." She asserted.
I had to answer her anyhow, to retain her trust. I couldn't let her feel absurd over my story. I had to make up something to convince her; something which could sap her suspicion; something which could satisfy her Sherlock Holmes. She had significant role to play in my pursuit.
"Because, if you studiously contemplate over love stories then you will observe that in most cases it is the hero, the protagonist who bears all the responsibilities to win over heroine's heart." I jabbered impatiently.
"He has to vindicate his devotion, his affection to her, despite all the obstacles and dreadful consequences."
I was not getting any idea so I took some inspiration from our Bollywood movies for instance to elaborate the complex rocket science behind love affinities.
She was surprised but not impressed at all, so I poured out whatever came in my mind.
"He is the one who get sympathised by his family members, they keep appreciate him by chanting mantra's in his ears, "Nalayak (disgrace)...Awara (vagrant) and so other adorning emeralds, mostly layered with abusive language"
"Even his neighbours also taunt him often to boost his confidence. And sometimes when his stars glistens in full mood, her brothers, uncles, neighbours, and even janitors greets him as he gets caught stalking her."
"They do show their hospitality with baseball bat and hockey stick in their hand. If he left in one piece bearing that special treatment and still has the same passion for his paramour, only then he triumphs at the end." I explained.
"Duh...!" She yawned. I slumped. I made a puppy face and looked at her poignantly.
"Don't look me like that!" Pragati bonked.
"Please Pragati..! Try to understand! Your friend is in trouble and only you can help." I said.
"Look! I understand your feelings but what you are anticipating is not possible." She said quietly.
"Please Pragati!" I pleaded.
"I don't have any deficiency which makes me incompatible to her! And most important thing is that I'm truly in love with her." I said in restiveness.
"It's not about you. It is complicated." She replied.
"Family concerns! My family is dignified in our city society. All members of my family are literate and do not believe in conservative beliefs." I said rashly.
"We are prosperous and well settled. And I shall be a professional footballer in near future. I'm sure her parents would be happy to knot a tie with us." I added.
"First of all her parents are dead." She interrupted. I was shocked as I heard her. I didn't know about it, I had no clue about Purvi's life albeit I was in love with her.
I was curious to hear what else I don't know about Purvi to know her better. Pragati's face suddenly turned anxious and then she started unveiling Purvi's life.
"Purvi was child when they died in a car accident. Her uncle and aunty took her guardianship after that. They brought her up with their daughter Chhaya." Pragati said in serious tone.
"They do not like Purvi. They mistreat her like she is an unwanted burden over them. Grandma is the only person in that house who cares for her, and treats her like her own child. Just because of grandma's influence Purvi is able to continue her studies." Pragati lamented.
"Uncle is notorious in our family. He is such a scum bag! Only cares about money, no matters how they come. We do not like to go there. We are enduring them only because of grandma and Purvi." Pragati added resentfully.
I heard Pragati's each concern explicitly. It was suffice for me to understand the reason behind Purvi's hermit mentality.
"If the situation is that severe then why not your family adopts grandma and Purvi instead?" I asked.
"We tried but grandma declined to leave that house as uncle is beloved of her. He never shows his true colour before grandma." Pragati explained.
"And Purvi..! Such a poor girl, she is such an innocent dove. She thinks that they owe her for taking care of her since childhood."
"She has wrapped up her consciousness and enduring their spearhead behaviour without saying a single word against their hostility." She mourned.
Pragati concealed her eyes by her palm. She was trying to restrain her emotions.
"I feel helpless...! I can't see her in pain. She is my sister! She is smothering herself, and I can't do anything to save her!" Pragati cried.
I solaced her by holding her hand, and gave my handkerchief.
"It's OK! It's not your fault." I consoled her.
"I can understand that you can't see her in distress." I said.
"True..!" Pragati mourned.
"Then why don't you try to talk to her? Maybe she would understand your concern." I suggested.
"But how..? I tried several times but she always boycott. She never shows her sentiments. She is..!" Pragati said and drastically cried.
"I'm her sister...! Why can't she share her concern with me? Am I stranger for her?" Pragati sobbed.
"Hey Pragati..! Please don't cry." I solaced.
"Maybe she doesn't want you to be anxious over her concerns." I tried to be perceptive. Pragati looked at me.
"She tries to show herself strong in front of society so she could conceal her sentiments. Maybe it has become her core personality." I said.
"Then what should I do? I can't see her like that!" Pragati fretted.
"I think I know how to liberate her from her own doom." I said.
"How..!" Pragati shouted avidly.
"I think the fortress which is depriving her to live, have become subtle in these years. And only one thing on this planet which can relieve her..!" I stated.
"What..?" Pragati asked avidly.
"She is seeking someone who can understand her! Someone who can hold her hand! Someone with, she can be fragile! Someone with, she can share her sentiments. Someone who loves her more than his life...!" I made a comprehensive maze for Pragati's distorted mind.
"But whom..? She has Grandma, me! We both love her more than our life." Pragati interrupted rashly. She still didn't understand what I was trying to imply. I was looking at her in despair.
"Oh! I got it!" She lurched after awhile.
'Thank God! She finally caught my beckon!' I sighed.
"But it is not possible Sameer. She won't let anyone roam in her life. And especially you..!" Pragati stated.
"She despises you! After what you did, she will make sure to maintain distance at least a mile from you." Pragati said in desperation.
"Look! You want her to live her life jovially, without any obstruction and inconvenience, right!" I said.
"Yeah! But it is not going to happen at least not in this life." Pragati sobbed.
"Be positive Pragati. Look, if I promise that I will liberate Purvi from the adversity she is living now. I will help her to relieve from apathy; I won't let her down, I will fulfil her wishes, adore her." I said in conviction.
"I will adopt all her concerns, won't let her depressed anymore, I will eradicate all her bitter experiences and sorrows and fill the void with happiness. I will love her till my last breath!" I expressed my heartily sentiments in a single breath.
"Tell me Pragati will you assist me? Will you help your sister to live her life free bird?" I asked in zeal.
I looked at her in hope. She calmed herself and looked back at me. Her mind was still persisting against my proposal as a stubborn sister, I could sense that. But her wet eyes were gleaming in hope.
"I just want her best." Pragati said in quiet voice.
"Great!" I applauded. I was feeling like I have achieved the ballon de'or.
Like I have succeeded to convince some leader of a terrorist organisation to quit terrorism in exchange of some famous athlete's autograph whom he idealised when he didn't know that grenades are not a verity of a fruit which his uncle used to bring on vacations.
"Thank God! You finally understood!" I sighed in relief.
"But if you ever cheated on her or ever hurt her, then I will make sure that they never find your body." Pragati admonished like a serial killer.
"I promise you! I won't ever hurt her and won't let anyone to do so. From now on it is my responsibility to take care of her." I pledged.

"So what's next?" Pragati asked as we stood up.
"I think we should take some rest after that gruelling conversation! We will discuss it tomorrow!" I shrugged and we strolled towards our class as our recess concluded meaningful consequence.

@@@

(PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS....

AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU DO LIKE THE STORY AND WANT MORE OF IT :)

...Thanks for your appreciation...