ROAR OF TIGRESS

CHAPTER 12

ROAR OF TIGRESS

Next day at Purvi's college...........
"Hey look Vijay..! She is coming right here." Vijay's flatterer said to him.
Purvi marched towards them. She reached to them and stopped.
"Now what do you want?" Vijay asked bluntly. But Purvi didn't reply. She was staring at them in rage.
"Go back to the hospital where your lover is lying." He jibed. And they started laughing.
"Yeah! Go back to hospital..! "Nishant mumbled because his face was wounded.
"What happened to your face Nishant? Did someone punched on your disgusting face and broke your teeth and jaw as well and floored you on the road..!" Purvi said vehemently. They all silenced in shame and hesitation.
"And you Vijay! How could you be so relentless on your best friend?" Purvi scolded.
"He is not my friend!" Vijay said distantly.
"Yesterday, the Police came to hospital for Sameer's statement. They knew that you and your friends did this. But Sameer didn't say a single word against you." Purvi told.
"He is coward...!" Vijay replied.
"Yeah! He confronted all of you alone, and he his coward! And you and your friend's, who attacked him and left him miserable to die after the accident, are so brave!" Purvi ranted. They all were looking down in guilt.
"I feel pity for you Vijay! You are such a pathetic; you do not have an eye to identify your real friends." Purvi added.
"I don't know what happened between two of you, which turned you against him. But he still believes in you as his friend. Despite all your mischievous actions which almost cost his life, surprisingly he didn't say a word against you!" Purvi said.
"And thanks to you! I didn't want to say this but you helped me to realise his true value, and he is precious to me." Purvi said in pride.
"And if you ever try to hurt him or come between our way again, then trust me this time I will definitely kill you and your friends." Purvi admonished them and went off.

@

"Hey Purvi..! What took you so long?" I asked as she came to meet me at evening. My Mom just went to home with my Dad to make a meal for me.
"Nothing..! Just making 'Gaazar Ka Halwa' for you." Purvi replied as she opened up the lunch box.
"I'm surprise that you managed to come to meet me despite it is Sunday!" I said because on Sunday's, there was no appropriate reason she had to use as a disguise to meet me.
Usually she came at recess time during her college or sometimes at evening when her classes concluded earlier.
She was strict over integrity. She never lied, especially to her family. I was surprised and eager to know from her how she managed.
"Actually Pragati came at home at noon. Then we made our plan. She told my grandma that some of her companion got injured after tripping from stairs, and she wanted my help to cook something for her injured friend. " Purvi explained.
"So where is Pragati...? She texted me that you both are coming together!" I said.
"She went to Sneha to take some physics notes. She told me to call her." Purvi replied.
"But yesterday, she took those notes from Sneha!" I stated.
"Then why she lied?" Purvi asked pointlessly.
"I think she just wanted to give us some privacy!" I said as I looked into Purvi's eyes. She looked back and smiled exquisitely.
'Oh God..! May she keep smiling forever!' I prayed to God.
"So! You made 'Gaazar Ka Halwa' for me!" I said.
"You like it.?" She asked mildly.
"Off course..! I like it! After all you made this for me with love." I replied. She smiled again. Then she preceded that lunch box, I took a morsel with the help of utensil.
"But there is a slight problem with its taste...!" I said after swallowing.
"What..? But I did use adequate butter! It must be sugar! But I used it as per instruction..! Must be cardamoms..." Purvi fretted.
"NO, NO..! Stop Purvi! You did brilliant job!" I said to calm her down.
"Then what's the problem?" She asked me innocently. Her effulgent eyes were rolling in my heart, melting it delicately. Her quivering lips, compiled with millions of red rose's essence, awakening the urge to feel them.
'Oh my God...! She will kill me with that look.' I thought.
"The taste shall enhance if you feed me by your hand." I said chivalrously.
"You naughty..!" She smiled and took a lunch box in her hand.
"Mmm...! Now it tastes much better." I said in joy.
"So what about your college...?" I asked curiously while chewing.
"What about college?" She scoffed.
"Did they again try to badger you?" I asked in concern.
"No! They didn't, and they won't ever dare to do it again!" Purvi replied in quite confidence.
"What! I mean how? I mean it's great!" I faltered in surprise.
"Yeah..! It is." Purvi smiled.
"Did you complaint against them to your college's director..?" I asked after silence.
"Not at all! They are afraid of you, after you broke that morons jaw!" Purvi said and laughed.
"OK then, if you're good then I'm happy." I said and smiled. And she gave me another morsel of that heart melting dish by her auspicious hand.
"By the way Purvi! I should say thanks to them. Because of them you came much closer to me after all that inconvenience." I said in quite voice.
"It could take maybe a whole year or maybe more for me to do that, after your denial." I added.
"If you would take a year to impress me, then I would get married before you succeeded." Purvi said sarcastically.
"Then we would elope in the middle of your marriage." I replied.
"Do you think I would come with you?" Purvi asked soberly and looked at me.
I gazed at her face for awhile, a perturbed layer of anxiety blended with curiosity, was explicitly possessing her chic visage, asking me the question equals to life or death.
"Off course Purvi..! I do! I have faith in my love for you." I said and looked back in her eyes.
Those words blew life in her shallow heart and filled it with boundless flood of emotions, cascading through her emerald eyes, damping her cheeks which turned rouge in cherubic joy.
"Hey ..! Don't cry!" I firmly placed my palm on her cheek and wiped her tears. She smiled and embraced me.
"Hey Purvi..! I will always be with you. I won't let you be alone, never." I said and gave a peck on her forehead.
"I promise you!" I said as she released me from her mellow clinch.
"I have faith in our love..!" I said. She smiled.
"And I also would have faith in your untrue middle aged plumpy groom. He wouldn't run faster than me." She laughed as I said dramatically.
"Now please give me that 'Gaazar Ka Halwa' before it gets cold." I said. She smiled and nodded.

@
And finally, after a week end treatment from doctor and because of the care from my parents and my friends, and last but definitely not the least, the 'Gaazar Ka Halwa' which I consumed almost every day, with the Midas touch of Purvi's love, I recovered in a week and discharged from the hospital.
"I can walk dad..! You don't need to worry." I said while we were moving towards exit.
"But you just discharged from, you must be weak." Dad concerned.
"Don't worry uncle! He is the stallion of our team." DK said, we laughed.
"OK, both of you wait here. I'm going to take a car from parking lot." My dad said and went away. We were waiting for at the entrance gate.
"It's been almost 15 minutes." I said as dad didn't show up.
"You stay here, I go and check." DK said and went off.
I was standing right there and waiting, while beholding a palm tree which was on my right hand. I was feeling delighted and eager to meet Purvi.
The branches were lashing firmly due to wind. Like the wind was trying to tease those branches with its chivalrous but beleaguer approach.
Those Branches were exquisitely sashaying as the wind was flowing sensuously and making those branches smitten.
Then the wind gradually increased its velocity. Those branches were singing serenade as they embraced the wind, they immersed in each other so deep like two flames were meeting each other, like one flame blended with another and became one entity.
I was mesmerized by that bewitching prodigy. Then suddenly a familiar voice came into my ears.
"Hey Sameer...!" I turned back; it was Vijay, as I anticipated.
"Oh..!" I dazed in surprise.
"You come alone, where are your friends?" I asked.
"See Vijay, I'm not in a condition to combat with you. If you want to beat me, then you're welcome." I said sarcastically.
"No! I just want to apologize for all the inconvenience you endured in past week." Vijay said in serious tone.
"It was not all your fault Vijay! It was just an accident." I replied.
"Except one! You ill treated Purvi, which was unacceptable! But I know you were misguided, that's why you did that." I added.
"I'm sorry for that. I have apologized to her as well." Vijay told.
"Look, I know that you're angry over me, because we lost that cup. I know it was completely my fault, I'm guilty and I still repent for my mistake. Trust me!" I said.
"I was not angry over you for that." Vijay stated.
"Then what else?" I asked curiously.
"I was angry because you listened to our coach, because of him we lost our match. I warned you not to play offensive, but you didn't listen and follow coach's offensive tactic." Vijay explained.
"That trophy was my dream since childhood. It was my father's dream since when they used to play for our college team." Vijay said.
"That cup was my father's last wish, he had cancer. I promised him to won the cup. But I didn't, and they died in a month later. That pang is still pricks my heart." Vijay explained poignantly.
"I'm seriously sorry for your loss! I didn't know about your father." I solaced.
"I didn't want a sub, I could endure that pain. But you insisted me, you promised me, I trusted you and we lost the game. You should have let me play. That's the reason turned into an animus." Vijay said.
"You were my one of the most trustworthy. I trusted you more than myself. But you failed me. We could win that trophy if you did let me continue till the last whistle." Vijay sulked.
"If I did, then you would limp for your lifetime." I interrupted.
"The physio told me about your condition. He told that your ankle was seriously injured, you needed medication drastically. If I didn't do that, than your carrier in football, which is your life, would end forever. I couldn't let that happen." I explained.
Then suddenly a sound of a car engine dashed on my eardrum. I turned my head to see; it was my dad's car. I looked back to Vijay, but he disappeared.
"Hey...! Come in." DK said.
"What took you so late?" I asked.
"Nothing...! Your dad lost a parking ticket, and that stubborn security guard wasn't listening." DK told, as I sat on back seat with him.
"Hey! Wasn't that Vijay?" DK asked vigilantly.
"Yep...!" I answered.
"What was he doing here? What did he say to you..?" DK asked curiously.
"He just came to apologize." I replied.
"What...? Vijay apologized to you?" DK was shocked.
"I think someone taught him a lesson!" I said. I was thinking about what Purvi told me that day.
'She must have rebuked them. She is brave!' I thought.
'I hope this would change Vijay's perspective.' I prayed.

What I was struggling to achieve in this past years, Purvi, my love helped me to redeem the broken bridge of the past which was badgering me.
She freed me from the colossal burden of guilt; she liberated me from the painful lashings of my mistakes, now I was feeling light.
She was really an angel who came on earth just to complete me. She was truly my soul mate..! My love, my life, my beating heart's charioteer..!
It was impossible for me to do the impossible, but she showed me the path which was made by soil from heaven. And now I could walk in content on it with her hand in mine...!

@@@

Don't forget to vote and comment...!!

...Thanks for the appreciation...