Black Flags

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Three
Black Flags

Chapter's Reader-chan design is dedicated to: @DontMoxMe :•D

I awoke with Kenny and Alfred's shouting, they burst into the room with another trunk in hands, they let it fall to the floor and quickly began to fill it up with the remaining jewels and money and the leftover liquor that Justin hasn't touched all night.

"You two, get up and get going, Kenny and I will catch up once this trunk is full - dammit wait, ______, get dressed!" Alfred shouted.

He pulled my blue dress out of the trunk and tossed it over to me.

I sheepishly caught it and stood up, "What's the rush?" I asked, yawning.

Alfred rushed over and knelt in front of me. Since I was sitting down, our faces were inches apart, "We need to hurry, it's almost noon."

That instantly woke me up, I jolted up to my feet and with the dress in my hands, I quickly made my way up the ladder and to my room to get dressed.

It was faster than expected, but the boys were faster with the packing, by the time I made it back down, I tossed my sleeping dress over to Kenny who had already made the space in the first trunk that was painted, he stuffed it in and pulled out my satchel, I caught it and put it on quickly, noting that both trunks were in the main part of the store.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked.

Kenny let out a frustrated sigh, "Justin sure drank himself last night."

I looked over to see the backdoor of the store swing open, Justin drunkly walked out and with his bad footing, he tripped, but managed to catch himself on the front counter. It was ironic, really, he held on tighter to the bottle of his downfall than he payed attention to his footing.

"_________, sorry to ask you for this, but the trunks are really heavy, Kenny and I will carry 'em, just lead Justin so he can follow." Alfred said as he glared at Justin.

"Right, let's just hurry!" I said, running over to help Justin walk.

Alfred passed me and lifted one of the trunks while Kenny did the other, I pulled on Justin's arm, causing him to stumble foreword, "Come on now.." I sighed as we headed to the door.

-

It seemed like forever, but in reality it was but five long minutes when we finally got everything into Nelly's wagon - this included the drunk Justin.

Nelly would have to drive it back if she wanted to keep it, so she had no choice but to tag along until we were to get to the ship, there, she could leave on the wagon.

Justin was out cold, but it wouldn't last long since we would eventually have to wake him back up to get off the wagon and onto the ship.

Kenny was driving while Nelly sat up front to enjoy the breeze and the rest of us sat in the back. It was mostly a smooth path and though it was but a town away, it was a tiresome ride.

I looked around for something to do, then remembered my satchel.  I pulled it onto my lap but stopped as I felt Alfred's head fall onto my shoulder. He was asleep already?

 He was asleep already?