H

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Nine
H

"Any word?" Francis let out a frustrated sigh as he once again met with Antonio by the docks, "Just one." Antonio replied as he motioned towards the ever so menacing ship.

Francis nodded, "I know, I saw it arrive, but I have yet to see Arthur, so hey, why not come with me?" He smiled awkwardly at Antonio who shrugged, "Yeah ok, I'm not doing anything." He said calmly.

The two made their way towards the docks where they quickly realised the tenseness in the air. They quickly felt something was off. However, their attempts to try to discern what the problem was before they got to Arthur's ship all failed.

"Well here we are." Francis said as he looked up at the ship.

"Why are we so scared? It's two against one." Antonio replied, just as tense as Francis.

The self reassured Francis suddenly felt uneasy as he felt a tall shadow on him.

He turned his head slowly only to meet his familiar green eyes once again...

--- Reader's P.O.V. ---

Justin was eating whatever he could get his hands on in the captains quarters. I remained seated beside him while Alfred and Arthur were talking outside. It was the truth that we just wanted to get off the island, but we also wanted our things from Francis's ship. Getting to it was going to be our main focus.

Arthur decided to have a chat with the two anyways to give us time to sneak aboard their ship and take back our belongings, then we would make a clean getaway and be done with them. 

Alfred made his way into the room and let out a sigh as he pulled his coat off and set it down on the couch, "It's pretty hot out." He spoke.

I pressed my lips together before smiling over at him, "Hey, all we have to do is get our things then we'll be done and off this island, so there's that to look foreword to." I said.

His blue eyes met my (colour) eyes and he returned the smile, "Of course there's that, but just how will we lift both of those chests out of that ship and get them aboard this ship without being spotted by any of his pirates?"

Justin turned slightly, "We've done it before, I think we should approach it by having _______ sabotage what she can go distract the pirates whilst you and I sneak our things off."

"Isn't that too predictable?" I frowned, setting my chin on my hand.

"Yes, but they've never met us before. They don't know how we work, so basically, we're better than them and we can do it." He said with a cocky grin.

"Works for me." Alfred said straightening his back.

Out of the blue, Arthur burst into the room with a confused expression. He turned to look at Justin then he looked over at Alfred and me before turning towards Justin once again, "What?" He muttered before leaving the room once again.

He came back not a moment too soon and frowned, "You aren't moving, are you?" He asked Justin.

"What do you mean?" Justin asked whilst chewing on something.

"Never mind..." Arthur replied while still looking focused. His emerald eyes suddenly widened as he realised something, "Justin!" He exclaimed before running out.

I raised a brow as I turned towards Justin, "So what did you do this time?"

"Right because I'm the only one causing trouble." Justin replied.