Save Alfred

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Thirty-Three
Alfred's Ending

[Character design dedicated to: PrincessLazuli ]

I knew what I had to do. My grip was firm on the very amulet I would use to save my closest friend, Alfred.

Seeing he was about to be knocked down by the guy in a hat, I wished for that man's legs to break beneath him.

The snapping caused a crooked smile to spread across my face, but as my grip loosened on the gem, half of it fell to the ground just as the man did.

Alfred looked mortified, but he was safe,

The once hardy gem cracked in my hands.... wait. Was that the cracking sound I just heard?

No matter.. if the gem did it's job, it worked and was no longer important to me. Only Alfred was important to me now since Arthur was doing fine holding his own ground and-

I turned over to Justin to see him twitching on the ground. I raised a brow, what happened to him? I was so distracted by Alfred that I hadn't noticed Justin.

"Hm, this seems to be enough money to pay off Augustine's load but I know this isn't all I had, so don't think you kids are off the chain." Said the man who must have stabbed Justin as his shirt seemed to have some drops of blood splattered on it.

Seeing the distraught expressions of Arthur and Alfred's faces, I took charge,  "We'll pay it off, just leave for right now." I said coldly to the man.

I dug a hand into my satchel and reached for one of my needles.

A smile spread across his face as he stepped closer to me, "Why should I believe you?" He asked, raising a hand to pick my chin up.

"Because," I said, also growing my face inches from his, I felt his hand creep onto my backside as he tried to close the space between us, but before he could do anything more, I raised the needle up and into his neck.

Due to our close proximity, he roughly pushed me back, for a moment I felt myself suffocating as the air had been knocked out of me.

Still, the injected dose was more than enough to begin impacting him right away. He began coughing and soon after fell to the ground in agony as he tried to grasp air.

As soon as I was feeling better though, I stood back up and straightened myself up.

Arthur and Alfred were basically paralysed in the moment as they stared at Justin, he was still alive slightly.

I glared at him. It's his fault that the attention wasn't on me.

I knelt down beside Alfred though and set my hand on his shoulder and forced a small smile, "Alfred, let him go, he's gone. We're safe now." I said gently.

"He's still alive, _________!" He cried out.

I shook my head gently and looked away, "I knew you didn't love me." I said.

"W-What?" He stuttered, wiping his eyes like a child.

"If you loved me you would be happy I was safe. Aren't you happy, Alfred?" I asked, glancing at him.