OK FINAL PART

The Façade of 1728
Chapter --
Alister's Promise
(Justin's Ending Continued...)

-Timeless Wishes, Chapter 13-

Alister eyes remained on the lovely lady in blue as he approached the three.

"Arthur, I never knew you were so desperate that you'd write to me to join you." Spoke Alister with a smug grin.

"Oh I'm most definitely not." Arthur replied, reaching to shake his brother's hand.

Alister took his hand and shook as a form of greeting, but as he did he glanced over to the lovely lady in blue who stood beside him.

"Who's your friend?" Alister asked

Arthur smiled as he glanced over at _________ and responded, "This is _________.. But she's not the one you used to know."

"What? What do you mean by that?" Alister asked as he studied _______'s face.

Alfred lamely just walked away since the attention was not on him and it was lunchtime anyways and today they were serving salmon!

"So you mean this isn't the same ________ from before?" Alister asked.

"Exactly." Arthur responded.

"But she looks the exact same and she has the same name.." Alister stated.

"Yes.. but they were also born hundreds of years apart from each other." Arthur said.

"But their looks are uncanny!" Alister frowned.

"Maybe, but we're different." The girl spoke causing Alister to frown further, "You even SOUND like her!" He exclaimed.

He turned over to Arthur and began, "You think maybe after we hurried her some sort of thunderbolt came down to strike at her grave and it brought her back to life? Ay, that could explain the loss of memory don't ya think?"

"N-No, that sounds like something you've just come up with, I'm not whoever you are thinking me to be." She argued.

"Maybe not, maybe not... I digress then, I do recall one promise I made towards the lovely lady before she left off towards Italy," he spoke as he dug into his pocket and pulled out a small case of cigars, he looked back up towards the girl and continued, "I promised her that if she came back I'd quit my smoking."

"But I'm not her.." tried the girl, but Alister continued, "Maybe you aren't, but either way, I promised her I'd quit smoking if she came back... and even if you are not her, I am keeping me promise..

... And you came back. So I'm going to make efforts to quit." He finished, he handed the case of cigars over to Arthur who stood confused, "The hell do I do with this?" He asked before glancing back and forth from Alister to _________ for a moment before interrupting, "Also, you could have quit anytime if you really wanted to-"

"Well, ya, I guess but I'm not human so it's not killin me, so why stop y'know? Anywho, this is way more dramatic than just saying that I'm gonna quit smokin on some random Tuesday morning.." Alister explained. After speaking it though, his eyes widened as he covered his mouth slightly, "I said 'human' is that degrading to her?" He asked.

"Ah, it only became degrading when you asked if it was degrading." Someone commented from beside the girl.

Alister turned there to see none other than Justin, "The demon is here too?! So he must've brought her back to life, right?!"

"N-No.." the girl replied, "But he's keeping me alive in a way."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Arthur asked.

"It means what I said I'd mean, she's gonna live a long life so chill your hormones you jealous child." Justin frowned, "Besides, I couldn't date someone who doesn't know how to make ramen soup properly." He hissed as he shot a glare at the girl.

"P-Pardon? Ramen soup? What?" She asked.

"Oh you'll find out someday.." he said crossing his arms, "Anyways, I just came to drop this off, I'll be heading down south to work on some Buisness then." He handed over a small bottle with a mysterious blue liquid inside over towards __________, "Consider this one of many deposits for your extended life. You'll be getting one every few years so I hope you enjoy the taste." He laughed lightly, "Ill be off then."

________ held the small bottle in her hands and opened it up, a horrendous odour quickly filled the air causing only the two boys to start coughing. To the girl, the bottle had no scent.

"What the hell is that though? It smells awful!" Alister coughed while walking away as quickly as he could to escape the scent.

"I don't smell anything..." the girl commented as she took in a deep breath to see if maybe she was just missing it.

"It's supposed to be good for you in the long run so hold your breath or something.." Arthur said, also gasping for air.

"What's wrong with you two?" She asked while watching them struggle. She shrugged it off and quickly drank the mysterious liquid before she too began to cough.

"Does it at least taste good?" Arthur asked, finally beginning to breathe normally again as he air quickly began to clear up.

"No, it's the most bitter thing I've ever tasted in my life!" She stated while trying to find anything to change the taste she had in her mouth, "Gimme that!" She exclaimed as she pointed to the case Arthur held in his hands.

He handed the case over to her and she pried it open and quickly pulled one out, "Light it!" She shouted while still struggling to get rid of the disdainful taste in her mouth.

"One second!" Arthur exclaimed as he pulled down one of the lanterns outside of his quarters and tilted it to light the cigar in her mouth.

She puffed out and continued coughing, but fortunately the taste was somehow gone again as if it were never there.

Feeling relieved, she extinguished the cigar finally and gasped for air, "I'm tired.." she complained as Arthur walked over to pat her back gently.

"Come now, let's make sure you eat something else so that whatever you were just tasting doesn't return, then we should get you to bed, it's been a long day, love."

"Yeah, okay." She muttered as she felt Arthur's arm wrap around her side as they began to walk off.

Meanwhile, Alister stood shocked as he stared at the ground where the case laid broken with cigars spread across the floor, "I promised to stop... but then she smoked.." he said dumbfounded.

As he continued just staring at he cigars in his state of shock, Alfred approached with a mop in his hands, "Hey man, look I know you're new to this ship, but in case you don't know how this works, you can't just make a mess and not expect to clean it up. So here." He said with a frown,

Alister looked down at the mop and frowned as well, "These are cigars." He stated.

"Right." Alfred commented.

"So why the hell did you bring me a mop to clean up cigars?"

"I... I don't understand your question-"

"Look, you could've brought me a broom at least."

"Oh!" Alfred realised, "No, no no, you see, the two brooms we used to have somehow broke so we can only use a mop until we get those replaced." He explained, "Anywho.. have fun~!"

Alister looked down at the cigars on the ground then at the mop before frowning, "No, this is what I deserve for saying I wanted to quit..." he huffed.

Before he began to mop up the mess though, he looked up at the only other person on the ship.. an invisible entity that just watched from afar...

An invisible entity who was always watching.

"Oh.. you're still here, are you?" He asked.