Colours

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Seven
Colours

--- A few hours later ---

Francis and Antonio met up, both panting as they had been running laps around the town for a while in an attempt to finally find the three runaways.

There was no luck and to their dismay, a rather large and eerie ship had finally arrived...

"So which one of us is going to break the news to him..?" Francis asked quietly.

Antonio scoffed, "Well I'd hate to act like a child, but you wrote the letter!"

Captain Kirkland stepped onto the dock, his red coat swayed beside him in the gentle winds. With a curious smile printed across his smile, he made his way towards the town.

Alfred remained seated on a wooden chair as he admired _______ who swirled around in a new dress, whilst it still remained in her signature blue, it was darker and quite elegant... One could even say it was a tardis blue...

Alfred sat wide eyed as he watched her smile with joy as she tried on copious dresses, he kept telling her she looked fine in each one, but she didn't understand that Alfred wasn't interested in the dresses, but her, and her gleaming smile, therefore they all worked well on her.

"I s'pose this one will work!" ______ smiled down at her dress, it was, unlike the dress she was just wearing, more flowing and easier to move in.

As she spoke this, Alfred took a quick glance out the window only to see a black haired man walk on by. His eye widened as he realised that could be Justin!

"Ah, excellent choice, m'lady!" The seller smiled, "It'll be-" he was cut off as Alfred handed over a bag of gold coins, "Well thanks for your time sir, we should be going now." He interrupted.

The seller confused, opened the bag only to go wide eyed, "Well y-yes of course! You two have a splendid day now!" He said with joy.

"In a rush are you? Where to now?" ______ asked as she held onto Alfred's hand.

"Not really in a rush, just that I thought I saw Justin walk by and I didn't want to leave you here alone." Alfred said as he lead the way past the people in the town.

"Did you now?" _____ replied.

"Well.." Alfred paused, "He had black, similar hair so it should be him, right?"

_________ shrugged but kept her pace behind him, "Lots of people have black hair."

Alfred slowed down and frowned slightly, "Well, yeah... I didn't even think about that to be completely honest." He looked around again, his blue eyes quickly examining the area, "Come to think of it, we've not even run into Francis or Antonio for a while, but I feel that it's not best we stay out here in the open." _________ looked over as she heard a door close behind her, "What about here?" She looked up at the sign above the door, noting some strange carving in the wood. She couldn't understand it, "Come on, Alfie." She spoke as she pulled on his hand, leading him into the building.

There was a piano in the corner of the room, a man was playing it but his music could barley be heard over the chatter of the other people in the room.

"Oh. It's a bar." __________ said under her breath. Alfred grinned as he walked past her, "There's a seat over here, why don't we have a drink since we're here?"

________ frowned as she let out a sigh, she nevertheless walked forth and sat by him at the front counter.

"So what can I get for you?" The bartender asked as he walked over with two glasses and a smile...

--- Meanwhile ---

"Sir! I've asked about on their ship but they're no where to be found, but if you'd wish to enjoy yourself out in the town, I'd be fine with waiting for their arrival so that I can fetch you once they do arrive!" One of Arthur's pirates said.

Arthur rolled his eyes as he stretched his arms out, causing them to pop, "I suppose that'd be best. I didn't sleep much on my trip here anyways, "I'll be at the bar... Wherever that is, I need to wake up a bit, so just find me there, many thanks." He said, already turning to walk off.

It was almost as if he had a built in compass, Arthur quickly made his way in. The dusty air was a change from the hot, humid air outside. He took in a sharp breath before he sat down at an empty table near the piano.

He pressed his lips together as he pulled out an envelope from his pocket, it was a mysterious letter he had received. There was no name, but when he opened the envelope, copious glitter poured out. At first he had thought it was a joke from his crew. However...

What the letter said...

Whoever wrote that letter... They knew far too much about him and the other nations.

He was about to reread the curious letter when a faint laughter from the other end of the bar caught his attention.

Arthur glanced up to see the back of a young lady at the other end of the bar. Her (colour) hair was up in a very familiar way, and she wore a dark blue dress...

Arthur's heart slowed down just as time did around him. He stood up and step after step he neared her, not noticing the young man she was speaking to.

"Pardon me..." Arthur said rather quietly as he gently set his hand on her shoulder.

The young girl jumped slightly upon feeling the man's hand on her shoulder, Alfred's eyes widened as he looked over to see who it was, but the young girl simply looked up at the man with the long red coat, "Yes..?" She asked, wondering what he wanted. Arthur's emerald green eyes locked onto her (colour) eyes.

Arthur's heart skipped a beat, without even thinking, he wrapped his arms around her, wide-eyed and stunned, kneeling slightly to be on the same level as her, since she sat on a tall stool, he just held her in his arms as he set his chin on her shoulder.

Feeling tears prick his eyes, his grip tightened around her as he muttered out, "___-_____... How I've missed you dearly..."