S

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Fifteen
Solitude

Finally catching my breath, I propped myself up with my elbows. My hands still burned and I felt just as out of breath and tired as before.

However, I felt that if I stayed here longer, I might be forgotten. I pushed myself up with what energy I had left in me.

Since I was still beneath the docks on the pebbly terrain, there was a wall just in front of me. I took in a deep breath and walked towards it, leaning against it slightly I took a moment to catch my breath.

Why was I so tired though? I was used to doing difficult tasks that included running, sneaking, and even lifting things that are far too heavy for the average person. Also, the thought continued to linger in my mind, who had kissed and saved me under the water earlier? I decided not to think too far into it as I had much bigger problems at the moment.

I gripped the fabric of my shirt and quickly ripped a strip from the bottom. With that strip, I wrapped my hand as best I could before repeating the process and wrapping my other hand.

Perhaps I was a bit injured, but I was nevertheless a lady and a smart one at that!

I wasn't about to sit around and wait for the guys to come save me when I have my capable self here!

I leaned off the wall and began making my way to the other side of the docks where I saw an exit.

Upon reaching it, I realised that there were no stairs or ladders that lead up to the top deck. Seeing as there was no simple way up, I looked around for any rubbish or large rocks that I could use to help me up. Of course though, with my luck, there was nothing around. I was just about to loose hope when I heard some slow footsteps up on the creaky wooden floor.

Taken off guard, I turned to see a tall figure with his arms crossed.

"I believe that dagger is mine, Miss ______________." He said nonchalantly.

I unconsciously reached and touched my side where the dagger remained around my side, "Oh, you found me quicker than I found idealistic."

"You weren't too hard to find, but I will admit I lost you after you made that splash of an escape..." He knelt down so I could now see his face clearly, he looked down at my hands, "What did you do? Your dress's skirt is burnt and the shirt is torn... Need a hand?" He grinned.

"Oh I'm quite fine, Osiris. Now if I hand your dagger back over, will you leave me alone?" I proposed.

"Gladly." He said frankly, he extended his hand.

Seeing no other way to get up on the docks, I took his hand instead of handing his dagger over, "Pull me up then!" I responded.

Though he didn't expect me to do as I did, he did manage to keep his balance. He grabbed my other arm with his other arm and stood back up, pulling me up along the way.

Upon making it up, he pulled me close and quickly reached for the dagger by my side, once he had it, he stepped back and looked it over with such concentration.

"It's still in good shape. At least you didn't ruin it whilst you did your bizarre tricks on that ship." He said jokingly.

He looked back over at me, "Well then. As promised, goodbye." He turned around and began walking off, not saying another word.

I frowned slightly but decided not to follow after.

Was he a stranger and curious bystander who  happened to cross my path more than a few times or was he a key on my journey?

A smile formed on my tired face as I dragged my feet beneath me as I made my way back towards Arthur's ship where surly the boys had by now arrived.

As I continued foreword, I could see Arthur's large ship.  

I didn't feel too surprised when I saw him on the deck of his ship shouting orders at the pirates he had in his sights, but I felt something explainable when I crossed the little wooden plank and stepped onto his ship and locked eyes with him.

His eyes immediately noticed my soaked clothes, burnt skirt, torn shirt, and the cloth tied around both of my hands. I'll admit I did make a few mistakes in approaching my side of the plan earlier, but I guess in the end, what matters is that I accomplished my end, and that I was not caught!

Without saying a thing, Arthur ran up to me and quickly threw his arms around me, holding me tight, "Are you okay?" He asked, "Of course not, don't lie! What happened to your hands?" He asked in a panic as he stepped back and grabbed my wrists to look at my hands.

"It's just a rope burn.."  said, not knowing what else to respond.

"Magic. I can heal this." He said seriously, now pulling me back towards the captains quarters, he pushed past Alfred and Justin then Francis and Antonio.

Once we entered, he pulled out a seat and I sat down, he then continued to shuffle through some books on a shelf before pulling out a curious looking book, "I can't remember if it was before or after you-" He froze slightly then frowned, "No wait, not you but the other _________, I can't remember if it was before or after she died that Lukas and I wrote this book, but it has spells that can cure little things like your rope burn, for example.."

"Spells?" I asked with a laugh, "Look, it's one thing to accept that some people will live forever as they are somehow representations of a nation, like Alfred and Francis and you, but spells and magic are another thing.." I said still curious.

Arthur flipped through the pages with a small grin, "I sincerely hope you're not one to admit you're wrong then." He set the book down on the table beside us and then slowly unwrapped the cloth from both of my hands then began to mutter some strange chant. I'll admit I felt quite uneasy, however, I was more stunned by the fact that the burn marks were disappearing from my hands before my eyes!

Once he finished, I pulled my hands back and out of his grasp and looked at them in awe, "How the hell did you manage this?" I asked.

"Like I said, magic... She used to love the little tricks I could do like making flowers appear out of no where, but if I must explain how I did it, well, on days when that demon was feeling gracious and more angelic than demonic, he would hand me flowers while I had my hands behind my back. And since he could turn invisible, __________ never saw him handing me the flowers, so when I handed her the flowers, she always looked so happy and proud." His speech slowed down and he took a seat in front of me.  He pressed his lips together, "She never said it, but she adored magic. That's probably why she got along well with everyone... She adored magic so much that she gave off a magical vibe to everyone she met. She was truly a sight to bestow."

I didn't exactly know what to say but I spoke, "You speak so highly of her. It almost makes me feel sorry for you."

I didn't realise that what I said could come off as rude, but luckily, he didn't take it as rude, "No, no... Don't feel sorry. I loved her very much. I still love her very much. But I had my time with her and at least I know she lived a great life. From the cradle to the grave, she had a splendid life!" He smiled lightly as he brushed his blonde locks back with his hand, his emerald eyes locked back with my (colour) eyes and his smile grew, "I hope this doesn't change things, but I think that you looking just like her and even having her name - it brought me the closure I so desperately sought after all these years. You didn't necessarily do anything, but thank you."

Again, I couldn't find the words I needed, so I simply leaned close to him and set my chin on his neck, I wrapped an arm around him. I could feel him tense up slightly, he wasn't expecting me to do what I was doing, but I continued.

With his ear so close, I whispered to him, "Arthur, that's sweet but I'm fucking hungry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was supposed to publish last night but I guess my internet connection was bad.

I will publish again later tonight. <3