Code Word

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Twenty-One
Code Word

> System reloaded...
> continuing illusion...

"__________, we're here now." I heard someone call out to me.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked over to see Arthur sitting at his desk, he was writing some things down while looking at a map. His hat was on the hook with his coat, so I could just see his messy blonde hair.

I sat up to realise I was asleep on his bed in his room. I felt flustered as I quickly stood up, "I fell asleep?" I asked aloud.

"Yes, after you ate you fell asleep. Truth come to tell, I am rather tired too, however I still have work to do. Seeing as we're about to dock, I was seeing how much work I could get done before we did so." He explained as he leaned back in his chair to stretch out.

I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window in his room to see that we were at at the docks. There were so many people outside.

I turned towards Arthur, "Isn't it illegal to be a pirate?"

"Not quite yet, but we are not pirates while we are here." He replied, "Today, we are just regular people who wanted to take a trip to the Americas."

I raised a brow and he smiled, "We'll get going when you're ready." He spoke.

"I'm ready." I blurted out quickly.

Now he raised a brow as he looked me over, "You're leaving in those clothes? You've been wearing it since we took off."

I looked down at my dirty clothes and pressed my lips together, "I suppose you have a point.. I'll go change then... Be right back."

Arthur walked with me to the door and opened it for me, "Um. I was thinking, perhaps we can go out and find something to do once you're ready?"

I smiled back, my face felt hot, "Y-Yes, I'd like that." I said, flustered. I turned around and showed myself out.

Once in my room, I approached the chests that Arthur had carried in, I opened the one where the clothes were packed. To my dismay, the only dress I had left was my sleeping dress and I wasn't just about to walk around flaunting it.

I turned towards my bed and sighed as I saw the blue dress from earlier... nothing like wearing a dead girl's dress.

At that moment, I didn't know what scared me most. The fact that even after all this time, it still felt brand new, or the fact that it fit.

To add a bit more 'me' to the outfit, I slipped my satchel on, over my arm and smiled as I gently caressed the beautiful leather texture. It was intoxicating. Quickly, I put the little gem in a hidden pocket in the satchel and made sure that I had everything I needed in it.

With that, I was done.

I walked to the door and just as I went to open it, it opened and Justin and I were face to face. He moved out of the way, letting me pass, "Thanks!" I smiled.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, I was just about to go out and eat with Arthur!" I replied.

"Has he already pried himself into that pretty little head of yours too?" Justin muttered.

"..what?" I asked.

He sighed, "Never mind."

"What are you going to do today, now that we're back on land?" I asked him in an attempt to change the topic.