Help Justin

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Thirty-Two
Justin's Ending

•Character dedicated to a close friend.
I know you will never ever read this, so I'm taking it as an opportunity.
I wouldn't be alive today if not for you. Thank you for staying. •

With that gem glowing brightly in my hands.. I knew what I had to do.

For the most part I already had my needle weapon to protect myself and I already knew Arthur and Alfred would be fine in the end anyways since these guys weren't capable of inflicting permanent damage on them anyways.
So, I just had to help Justin by using the gem to protect him..

Time slowly began to go back to normal as I began my wish..

I was midway wishing for Justin to be protected by the gem when suddenly my heart seemed to stop as I saw the blue jacket guy run up behind him while he was distracted.

In his his hands, a sword..

I felt sick to my stomach as I watched him fall to the ground

I felt sick to my stomach as I watched him fall to the ground.. he didn't even scream, he held it all in.

"Justin!" I exclaimed, running towards him.

"________, no!" Arthur shouted as he wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me back and away from the danger.

"Let me go, Arthur! Let me go!" I cried out as I tried to pull his arm off of me.

"Well well kiddos, what did we learn today?" The man asked us as he knelt down and pulled a small green bag from Justin's pocket.

Arthur watched on in disgust.

As I continued to struggle from Arthur's tight grip, I ended up dropping the gem, it was strangely enough still very bright and continued shinning.

"Oh what's this?" The man asked as he began walking closer to pick it up, "A pretty little gem for me?" He smiled, looking up and holding it in front of my face.

I was feeling a burst of many emotions and it wasn't helping much that Arthur was trying to hold me back.

"Give. It. Back." I said as sternly as I could as I moved my hand into my satchel as discreetly as I could.

"Or what, little girl?" He spat.

"Stay away from her." Arthur said, his eyes darkening as they focused on me. He gently pushed his way in front of me to block the man from me.

Rather than speak, the man raised his bloodstained sword once more and swung it towards Arthur.

I knew he wasn't going to die from that..

But I jumped in front of the blade, letting the blade clash against the side of my dress, of course though, I knew if I was going down, I would take him down with me.