P

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Twelve
P

(I put that picture up there so you can better understand what is happening throughout this part.)

> Program rebooted.

...

...

...

> Terrain Loaded.

...

...

...

> Starting... : 100% Startup Complete . . .

I took in a deep breath and realised I hadn't actually drunk or eaten much in a while. That along with the adrenaline I just got from choking the man must have bested me and tired me out. I needed to eat and get a drink, but I also had to help Alfred and Justin out and do my share of the work.

I looked back to see that the man was still unconscious so I decided to move just in case he was to awake soon.

Upon making my way closer to Francis's ship, I found myself catching a few glances from bypassers and some of his pirates who found me either suspicious or recognised me.

I ignored them as best I could as I continued up a short ladder that lead up to a small platform with some more crates and barrels. It would have seemed like a dead end, had there not been all these ropes tied to the small wooden fence behind the crates.

That wouldn't have been much use, except for the fact that the ropes were tied to the sails of the ship.

I looked down at  my blue dress, sure I just bought this one specifically to be able to move around better and run, but I hadn't actually tested it out yet. I turned my head to see a man climbing up the ladder with a slight frown, "Excuse me but ye aren't supposed to be up here-" He said in a low voice.

I smiled as I pulled the small dagger I was borrowing from Sir Osiris from earlier and raised it over my head.

The man took a step back as he called for back up, "Get her! She's got a weapon!" He shouted.

But as I've said, I wasn't a killer, just a thief.

With my opposite hand, I gripped the rope in my hands. I quickly jumped up on a crate and using the dagger I cut the bottom end of the rope off, causing the fence to snap as the rope I held onto jolted me towards the ship.

My hand slipped quite a bit as my weight caught me off guard. The rope burnt my hand rather badly but looking down at how high off the ground I was, I could not risk falling right now. I slid the dagger back into its place in my handy satchel and quickly used my other hand to grab the rope.

I unconsciously grunted as I now began to pull myself up the rope as it began swinging back and forth beneath the fore topsail. Unfortunately for me, the sails had been taken off for replacement the day before, so while Francis's ship wasn't going anywhere, I didn't have anything else to hold onto or soften my landing onto the forecastle deck.

I looked down again to see a bunch of the pirates grouping together and shouting at each other and at me. I huffed out as I looked over towards the side of the ship where I saw Alfred and Justin, they had finally made it to the ship but now need me to do a better job at distracting so that they can sneak into our room to take back our things.

"Climb up, dammit!" I heard one of them shout.

I squinted as I looked down to see one of them start climbing up a ladder that was connected to the main mast. He was then followed by another, then two more.. What were they going to do?