Green Eyes

The Façade of 1728
Chapter Five
Green Eyes

"You've got a message." A young, brown haired man spoke as he knocked on the door.

"Who from now? His majesty?" The Brit asked with a short laugh.

"Not quite, sir. I'd be lying if I said you're quite fond of the rat." Laughed the man.

The blonde Brit frowned, "Hand it here."

The letter was handed over, with disdain, the blonde unfolded it's contents.

"Bonjour you piece of merde, they call Arthur!

Long time no trade, don't you think?

I'd be formal, but I'm quite excited to show off my newest 'toys...'

Let's meet at Santo Domingo, and if I were you, I wouldn't try a thing. Let's do this without any bloodshed, I myself vow to a peaceful trade if you do. I'll be there all month so drop by when you can.

With love, yours truly, Francis!!"

That was it, the bottom had many strange drawings. They were undoubtably awful drawings.

"What the hell is this?" Arthur asked, rereading the letter.

"I don't know, but it was just delivered by the passing merchant ship earlier while you slept, sir. Apparently they had a running with a French ship some time last week and they were told to deliver with speed!" The man replied, "Anyways, I've got a ship to help steer, so I'll be going."

The man turned and began walking out when Arthur stopped him, "Wait... I know I'll probably regret this, but... Set our course back to the New World. We're going to Santo Domingo." Arthur said lamely as he kept his eyes on the letter.

"W-What? Are you sure? We just came from there." The man replied, questioning Arthur's motives.

"Yes. I know we did. But..." Arthur stopped and let out a sigh. He wasn't sure exactly why he felt so tense in the moment. His emerald green eyes scanned the letter copious times, it was just so strange. It must've been the curiosity of the letter that drew him towards it. He wanted to know what there was to Francis's letter.

Could his toys mean a treasure? Gold? Possibly more land? Information even?

"Set the course, we'll stock up again there." Arthur said simply as he turned to look at the man.

The man nodded back, "Alright captain, if ya say so." He walked off without questioning it much, letting Arthur ease up slightly.

"New toys, huh?" Arthur wondered as he sat back in his chair and pondered the possibilities.

// I wouldn't trust a letter that basically says 'come check my toys out' for obvious reasons (  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) //

--- First Person P.O.V. ---

Alfred and I had gotten a plate of food while Justin argued with the chef over the food at a small bar near the shore of the island.

We ordered some simple (fucking Doritos or w/e you want, I don't care) but the food tasted awful to Justin so of course, he had to complain.

"I'm at least glad to see that you all haven't changed much even after all this time." Francis said as he pulled a seat out at our table and sat down.

"That's kinda creepy to say, assuming _______ and Justin have already admitted to never seeing you in their lives." Alfred said, taking a slow sip of his drink.