chapter eight: surprise,cows and feelings

"Nate quit doing that!" I snorted as I held the camera up trying to take a genuine picture of Nate who was too busy making weird faces.

He ignored my plea and pouted his lips making a duck face. I couldn't stop laughing."stop it!" I hissed in between laughters. "what?" he said innocently "I'm not doing anything!"

I rolled my eyes at him and held up the camera again "just smile" I told him.

He frowned "no" he said "stop taking a picture of me" his hand pressed against the camera preventing me from taking any pictures.

I pouted at him "Naate!" I cried. He threw his hands in the air and began to walk ahead of me, leaving me behind. I sighed and a small chuckle escaped my lips.

Who knew it was so difficult to take a picture of a guy who think so highly of himself. You'd expect him to practically throw himself in front of the camera but Nate was the complete opposite. He felt camera shy which made me laugh.

However I wasn't going to give up. "Nate!" I called after him holding up the camera. He paused for a second before turning around. He opened his mouth wide revealing his pearly white teeth and his tongue showing. He held his hand up in a 'rock' sign. I grinned and took the picture.

"are you happy now?" he sarcastically asked, pushing his shades down to look at me. I smiled wide

"more than anything!" I laughed catching up to him and grabbing him arm. He chuckled and ruffled my hair like a dog. "Oy!" I snapped at him slapping his hand away. There were three things that no one can absolutely touch 1. my phone 2.my bed and 3. any part of my body including my hair.

Nate held his hand up in defence and grinned at me. Grinning was his way of saying 'sorry'.

It was a bright sunny day and we were out- in the middle of nowhere. After walking around for hours and seeing sheep and cows everywhere I had enough of this bullshit.

If it wasn't for Nate following the wrong signs and somehow ending up in a field we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. To make the matter worse the car ran out of petrol. Talk about bad luck. Its been at least two hours since we've been trying to find people and the only thing we've found was a cow. We were so done to the point where Nate asked a cow for directions.

The cow 'mooed' to the north direction so here we are, walking towards the north. Call me crazy but the cow probably knows more about this place then we'll ever do.

"I see something!" Nate said pointing at a far distance. A black smudge which we couldn't see clearly. I was praying so hard that it was a person and not another cow again.

we both started speeding up our paste. Soon the smudge came in view and I almost wanted to scream.

"It's a flipping scarecrow!" I screeched dropping on my knees. I mentally slapped myself and threw my body on the grass giving up on life.

"dammit" Nate cussed dropping down next to me. "we are so dead"

We were actually so dead. We are supposed to be back in school in two hours and there was no way we were getting back any time soon. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to let Nate 'surprise' me when Mr Summers- the principle practically drove me out of the school to go and have some 'fun' after locking myself away in my dorm room for the past week.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "now what do we do?" I asked Nate.

He turned his heads towards me and his eyes lit up as if he had a amazing idea. "I have a great idea" he said "maybe the cows are really useful after all"

I stared at him confusion. "what..?"

He grinned "the cows- we can use them to get back" he told me. I wasn't sure where the heck this conversation was going "and how do we do that?"