chapter seventeen: guilt and KISS?!

" I should've known you'd have something to do with this" I hissed while Alex approached me.

He smiled innocently and shrugged "I don't know what you mean"

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't understand" I told him.

He raised his eyebrows "I listened to you and waited for it to be sorted 'soon'. I waited 3 months"

He was keeping tabs on me.

"Besides Ms Bailey told me that Kai didn't even want you in there"

I bit my lip. "That was before" I defended. "It's not like that anymore"

He chuckled. "Did you not hear him when he said he wanted you out?"

I fiddled with my fingers and stared at the ground. He didn't mean it. I was sure of it. He said he didn't hate me so why did he want me to leave?.
I felt a sharp pain in my chest at the thought of Kai not wanting me around anymore. The fact that I was the only one who seemed to enjoy living together.

"Emily, I told you to stay away from him" Alex said cutting me of my thoughts.

I stared at him. His eyes full of concerns. "Please listen to me". He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

"Please"

I felt a lump form in my throat. Why was Alex begging me to stay away from Kai. Why?

"Why?" I whispered. "Why?"

Alex stiffened and he sighed in my hair. "Just listen to me"

I shook my head and pushed myself out of his embrace. "No. Not until you tell me why"

Alex seemed frustrated "you don't need to know" he spat.

Anger rose and my cheeks flushed red. I shoved past him annoyed and walked away from him.

"Emelie!" Alex called after me but I refused to answer. Alex always hid stuff from me. That was the worst part of his personality. I hated it. Ever since Jay Alex hid everything from me. If he had told me maybe things would've been different.

I took a deep breath before pushing the dorm room door open. I was suddenly welcomed by Kai with a surprised expression.

"Ah..you're back?" Kai asked as he awkwardly walked away from the door. He smiled nervously and scratched the back of his head.

I looked at him suspiciously. "Were you..waiting for me?" I surprised myself asking him that and he looked more surprised.

"W- what?" He said laughing. He shoved his hands in his pocket before throwing himself over his bed. "No"

I smiled and shrugged. I decided to to pack my things and not make it any harder for myself.

"You're packing already?.." Kai asked.

I nodded "yeah"

He nodded. "You know.." he began trailing his words. I stopped for a moment and stared at him. He looked awkward and could barely make eye contact. "I..uh I-"

He was rudely cut of by the door slamming open. "Emelie" Alex breathed as he leaned against the door trying to catch his breath.

I glared at him is frustration. He has really bad timing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with an annoyed tone "haven't you left yet"

He frowned "I'm not leaving until tomorrow"