chapter 22: Scared of love

Kai

"stop fucking around" I spat. I shook the thought out of my mind. There was no way Emelie was that girl.

"How can you not see it?" Victoria asked. She was clearly convinced that Emelie had to be her.

"there is nothing to see" I sighed before walking out.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration and decided to head back to my room. All of a sudden Emelie's dorm room door swung open and I cussed under my breath. I completely forgot that she was only a few doors down.

"Kai?" She called. I lifted my head and saw her standing in front of the door. She beamed with happiness and I smiled. "you got my ice cream?" she asked, cheerfully as her eyes wondered over to my hands.

My smile dropped and a scowl formed. She wasn't happy to see me but the ice cream which I completely forgot about. Crap

"you didn't buy it?" she frowned. I scratched the back of my neck. "Ah sorry, I forgot" I lied. I don't think she needs to know about Victoria. she shrugged before walking back into the room. I snorted at her reaction.

"aren't you coming in?" she asked, popping her head. I nodded and followed after me.

Unfortunately Nate was still here lying on her bed like he owned the shit. My lips twitched as I glared at him. There was nothing more frustrating than a guy hanging around her. I looked around for her roommate but she was nowhere to be seen. "where's Jami?" I asked

"you mean Jamie?" Emelie laughed.

"that's what I said"

she laughed "she went out a while ago"

my expression became serious. so all this time, she was alone with Nate?. I held back my jealously and shoved Nate over so I could lay on the bed. He stared at me and I muttered a 'what' at him. He ignored me and got back to his phone.

Emelie was too busy sorting out her clothes and I noticed that she was wearing shorts and a short sleeve top. "did you change?" I asked her.

She gave me an odd look and looked at her clothes "you could tell?" she replied back. My lips twitched even more. Not only was she alone with him but has changed her clothes into something hot. Is this the signs to being girlfriendless?

"don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked Nate with a fake ass smile. He looked at me and smiled innocently. "nope" he replied, emphasising the 'p'. I licked my lips before beginning to speak. "Go and study"

he looked at me weirdly "what?". I sighed. How was he not getting the message "go and study. I'm sure you've got some exams coming up right?"

"I have exams next year"

"yeah go and study for that"

Nate just blatantly stared at me. "for fuck sake" I sighed throwing my hands in the air. I have to spell it out for this guy to understand it. "I.want.to.be.alone.with.my.girlfriend" I said making sure he understood "so go and study for the exams you have next year"

He finally got the memo as his lips formed into a frown. I almost felt guilty for a split second until Emelie came into the view. "shall we watch a move together?" she chirped, going threw the cds.

Nate cleared his throat "uh I gotta go and study" he announced before getting up and heading towards the door. Emelie frowned "but you don't have any exams this year" how did she know that?

"Uh exactly, gotta start early" Nate mumbled, before walking out. I sighed and laid my head on the pillow. Finally some alone time. "what did you say to him?" Emelie asked, crossed.

I smiled. "nothing"

She narrowed her eyes at me before shoving me to the side and joining beside me.

She glanced up at me a few times but I didn't look. "are you mad?" she finally asked.

I didn't reply. Of course I'm mad, My girlfriend was spending more time with another man than me.

"are you jealous?" she asked with a hint of tease in her voice. I gasped "Jealous? never"

she burst out laughing and cupped my cheeks in her hands "you're cute when you're jealous"

that wasn't the plan. I wasn't supposed to be cute but look scary instead. Everything about me was cute to her.

I groaned before wrapping my arms around her and pulling her against me. Her back pressed against my chest. "I'm pissed" I mumbled "why do you have to look hot in front of other guys"

She giggled under my kisses. I kissed her on her cheek, forehead, nose, lips, neck. I kissed her all of the place and she squirmed under my arms. "Kai" she breathed "stop"

I didn't want to stop. I wanted her mind to be full of me. I wanted her to feel my touch only. I wanted her to know she's my girl. I felt almost obsessive.

"Kai" she giggled, struggling to get out. I kissed her on her neck and bit her. She moaned and God Dammit I was turned on. "That hurt" she moaned in pain. I laughed "I only bit you lightly"

She frowned. "It better not be big" she warned me "it's embarrassing if people saw it"

I smiled innocently " of course not"

I lied. It was big and visible. "I really really really really like you" I whispered, my voice coming out huskier than usual. She grinned "and I want you, do you want me? Do you want me too?"

I laughed at her goofy singing. She had a bad voice but she still sang anyway. She managed to squirm her way out of my arms and just lay down beside me.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. She squirmed making a stingy face. "hey" I frowned.

She laughed "I'm kiddding" she sang before plopping up on her elbow and kissing me. I smiled in satisfaction. I pushed her down and crawled on top of her. She giggled and hit my chest lightly. She'd get embarrassed and hit me playfully.

everything about her made me fall hard. Her smile and her laugh, and the way she looks at me. Every inch of her from head to toe and everything she does makes me fall harder. I've never felt scared of a girl before.

until I met Emelie. I was scared of falling too deep. Too madly in love with her to go back. I was damn scared to love her too much to the point that it might hurt her. I was scared of falling for her more than I am right now.