chapter 29: " I'm sorry I'm late"

"he's back?" 

I sighed and nodded. Leaning my back against the wall,  I crossed my leg over one another. "yeah"

I heard Nate sigh through the phone before he began to speak again. "are you okay?"

I cracked a smile. "I should be asking you that"

Nate chuckled. "I'll be okay if you're okay"

I smiled. I paused for a moment and closed my eyes. I had to be okay. If I allowed myself to let Kai in I'd never know when I'd get disappointed again.

"I'll be fine too"

Me and Nate continued to talk for another hour. He told me that his girlfriend cheated on him with his ex-roommate which sucked. Nate and her have been dating for a few months and I could tell that he was disappointed even if he tried to hide it. 

It's been a whole day since I last saw Kai and I hoped that he wouldn't turn up. I couldn't promise that I wouldn't be shaken if Ii saw him again. It was dark outside and I was still waiting for Nate to come over. He was still packing and every time I'd try to hang up he'd do a blood curling scream like a child. It was to funny to hang up.

I was on verge of falling asleep and Nate was too busy to notice. He wouldn't stop rambling on. My eyes closed and my body began to slide down the wall and onto the bed.

I was suddenly woken by a noise. I shot up and looked around my room. There was nothing there. The noise came again and my eyes drifted to my bedroom window. Small rocks would hit my glass window every few seconds.

 I panicked. This was something you'd see on a TV. When you go to look it turns out to be a murderer. There was no way in hell I was going to take the risk. "Nate" I mumbled "someones throwing rocks at my window"

"Go and check it out" He told me.

I gasped "What if its a murderer?" 

He chuckled. "its fine since your brothers are home right?"

I rolled my eyes. He was right. 

"Alright I'm going to check it out"

"okay"

I crawled out of my bed and sneaked towards my window. I leaned forward and no one was there. What the? I pulled my window open and suddenly something hit my face. I squealed causing a voice to erupt into laughter.

The figure walked forward revealing himself. Kai

oh God

"What are you doing here?!" I hissed at him.

He smiled at me holding up the cream from earlier. "I came to give you this"

I sighed in frustration. "Please leave" I pleaded, Pushing myself back.

"Not until I give you this!" He yelled causing me to almost jump out of the window and strangle him. If my brothers- specially Alex heard a guy let alone Kai they'd kill him. 

"are you crazy!" I snapped at him "Alex will kill you!". I began to panic when someone knocked on my door. "Em?"

It was Alex. I stared down at Kai who stared up at me like he was ready to die by Alex. I slapped myself mentally and cussed under my breath.  "Hide!" I whispered at him but he didn't budge.

My door creaked open and I never ran faster towards my bed. I managed to lay on my bed when he entered my room. "is everything ok?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded quickly "yeah why wouldn't it be?"