chapter 16: cake, bare butt& getting kicked out

"I can't believe we're back to this crapy place again" I sighed pressing my face against my pillow whilst I laid on bed.

"What? So you don't like being back here with me?"

I purchased my lips together. "That's right I don't"

He glared at me "maybe you should go and live with Nate"

"Maybe I will!"

I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. We both turned around so we weren't facing each other.

After a week at the beach we are back to hell-I mean school. Kai and I ..well we're back to our usual selves where we hate on each other and at the same time enjoy seeing each other suffer.

My feelings for him?- I decided to never speak about them again and conceal them. Whilst coming back from the place I noticed that Tori and Kai were giving each other the cold shoulder and I couldn't help but feel guilty that it might be because of me. I could understand how Tori must feel about her boyfriend not only living with a girl but also being with her in the middle of the night. .

"Kai?" I called him.

"What?" He replied.

"Do..you still hate me living here?"

I bit my lip anticipating for the Answer.

"No" he muttered.

I smiled. I was glad he didn't hate me anymore. I can finally sleep in peace without worrying about him trying to kill me in the middle of the night.

My thoughts were cut of by my stomach rumbling like it never ate.

"Is there any food in the fridge?" I asked Kai.

"No" he quickly answered. Too quickly. I looked over my shoulder and gave him a suspicious look. What was he hiding?

I got up from the bed and sneaked towards the fridge making sure Kai doesn't notice. I opened it slightly and -the most beautiful thing ever sat there staring at me.

"There's a cake in here?!" I wailed in delight and was about to reach for it. Unfortunately I was savagely pulled away from it by my waist. "I told, there was nothing in there" Kai said whilst holding me back and slamming the fridge closed.

I gasped. How could he lie like that. "There's a cake in there!" I state whilst fighting against him to get to the cake.

Kai stumbled back and fell on the floor taking me with him. I pushed him off but he grabbed me again and wrapped his legs around mine. I gasped as I was pushed against his chest. My hands were on his head pulling every single hair he has out. "Ow ow oww" he wailed in pain. I stopped.

"Why the hell are you fighting me over a cake?!" I screamed at him.

He paused for a moment and then replied.

"Because it's mine"

I pushed myself out of his chest and stared at him. He did all this to because it was his? I don't believe this.

"We came in together I don't remember you bringing a cake with you" I informed.

He chuckled "that's not the point. Anything that is in the fridge is mine. It belongs to me"

I couldn't believe the nerve on this guy. How could he claim something that wasn't even his in the first place. "No" I said "that cake could be for me"

He snorted "who would leave a cake for you"

Offended I kicked him in the leg with my knee. He untwisted his legs from mine and croaked in pain.