chapter 20: Dammit, I love you

I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned all night until sun rise.

The text ran through my mind over and over again like it's been put on repeat. I felt like my emotions froze and I didn't know what I was feeling.

I love you

The words stabbed through me like a knife. My heart wasn't ready for his confession especially not when he came back all bloodied and scary.

I couldn't reply back to him. I refused to look at my phone although it's been buzzing all night.

"You packed?" Alex asked.

I sighed and nodded. Alex went on a crazy rampage and packed- more like shoved all my clothes in my luggage. He couldn't stand another moment being in here. Alex hasn't spoken about yesterday. He's been trying to avoid talking about Kai as much as possible.

I was desperate to see him. His hurtful expression stuck with me and part of me regrets walking away last night.

"You're leaving after I move into the other dorm right?" I asked making sure he goes. There was no way I could see Kai while he was still here.

Alex nodded. "I'll leave after talking to the principle"

I sighed but nodded. He grabbed my luggage and dragged it out while I followed. I took a final glance at my dorm room. A tiny pang of hurt.

I felt almost as if I'm saying goodbye to Kai forever.

"Let's go" Alex said clearing his throat. "Yeah.." I mumbled following behind him.

We had to walk to the other side of the building to get to the girls dorm rooms. It took us 15 minutes to find my dorm room. Like brother like sister. We both sucked at reading maps.

"We're here" Alex chirped in happiness. He was glad to be getting some rest.

We opened the door and a girl stood there. She looked familiar.

"Hey!" She smiled. "Hi" I smiled back.

"Don't you remember me?" She asked with a frown. I studied her face until it clicked. Ah she was the girl who I've met a while ago who told me about what happened between Kai and I.

"I remember" I told her.

She smiles happily "I'm Jamie. Nice to meet you"

We both introduced ourselves and got to know each other better.

Alex finally cleared his throat after standing in the corner for the past 10 minutes. "Alright I'm leaving OK?" He said before embracing me into a hug.

I hugged him back. "Bye"

He ruffled my hair and kissed my cheek. "I'll talk to you later yeah?"

I nodded. "Love you"

"I love you too little sis"

I waved him goodbye as he walked out of the room.

I counted exactly 5 minutes before sprinting out of the door. Jamie was calling after me but I promised to explain later. I had to find Kai.

I ran back into the boys dorm, making sure not to get caught by anyone. I knocked on his dorm room. After waiting a whole minute I used the key that I still have to open it. He still wasn't back

I sighed in frustration. I tried to call him but the call wouldn't go through. Was he avoiding me? I felt terrible for the way I treated him yesterday. Jeez Emelie you were always good at ruining things