Chapter 2. My Brother The Teenage Werewolf

I let out an aggravated sigh as I walked up to the front door of the Stilinski household. My Chemistry teacher, Mr. Harris, had held me after class because he had caught me using my cell phone during a lecture. I was wondering what my mom was making for dinner this evening and I didn't think that it would be super frowned upon to use my phone for a moment. The again, Mr. Harris is quite possibly the biggest prick I've ever met. He has such a God complex and is super condescending.

Without bothering to knock, I opened the front door and stepped inside the familiar home. I know that Stiles' is dad is currently at the station tying up the loose ends of the half of the dead body information that had been leaked. I still don't have all the details but from what little bits and pieces I've gathered from Scott and Stiles; the victim was a female and it was the top half of her body that had been found.

As I ascended the staircase, I adjusted my backpack. I had brought home all of my books so I could use the syllabus' to create a guide on when I would need to refer to the pages in the books. I know it sounds extremely geeky, but I liked to plan ahead for things especially when it came to homework assignments or projects. I'm not exactly a 4.0 student but I have managed to keep my GPA above a 3.8 for my entire high school career thus far and I plan to keep it that way.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come in?" Stiles asked awkwardly as I pushed his bedroom door open and strode over to his bed. I dropped my bag on the floor and then fell back onto his mattress.

I sighed loudly, "Sorry I kind of just walked in. I didn't even think to knock."

"No, it's okay. I mean I'm not gonna complain about you showing up and letting yourself into my bedroom. It's not like it's always been a childhood fantasy of mine or anything." he chuckled as he came over to his bed and sat down beside me.

I pushed myself up on my elbows and rolled my eyes, "You're a dork."

"Ah, but I'm your dork." he stated with a grin.

A laugh escaped me and I sat up fully, crossing my legs and sitting indian style next to him. I glanced at his computer desk and saw that he had a few books opened to certain pages, several papers were strewn over top of them and there was an article about werewolves on his computer monitor. I quirked an eyebrow and nodded my head towards the desk, "What exactly are you doing over there?"

"Oh," he jumped off the bed and darted towards his desk, "this is what I had messaged you about. I've been thinking, like really thinking, and Scott's been acting off ever since he got bit by the nonexistent wolf in the woods."

I nodded once, "What do you mean?"

"Well... he's been really good at Lacrosse, like super good, beyond good. And I know that he wasn't that good before because we practices together everyday over the summer and he sucked. And remember how he said he could smell that gum in my pocket? Kasey, it was in my own damn pocket and I couldn't even smell it." Stiles explained as he began to pace around his desk nervously.

My eyebrow raised in confusion, "So what're you saying?"

"I'm saying that maybe the nonexistent wolf isn't so nonexistent after all, and it might just be a werewolf rather than an actual wolf." he said as he stopped his pacing and watched my reaction.

Stiles has always been one to make something out of nothing, over exaggerating was an art form of his that the average person wouldn't be able to compete with. He could sell the most outrageous lie with ease or come up with an explanation for something that was completely outlandish and people would believe him. In all of my years of knowing him, I don't think I've ever seen him this nervous before. Seeing him tugging at the hem of his shirt anxiously and biting on his bottom lip in agitation were setting off warning bells in my head, something was definitely happening to Scott and Stiles honestly believed that it was because he was turning into a werewolf.