Chapter 43. Being held hostage

"So this kids the real killer?" Mr. Stilinski asked skeptically.

My eyes were glued to the yearbook page on the desk in front of me, Stiles had circled Matt's photo and name. On the bright side, I finally learned his last name- Daehler. Not that it will make any difference in the fact that he is the one controlling Jackson. Apparently Scott had ran after him before we rushed over to Stiles' house and he saw Matt standing in the street and Jackson- whilst in Kanima form, was crouched protectively beside him. Talk about weird. 

"Yeah," Stiles replied as he leaned back in his chair. Scott was standing beside me and we were to the right of Stiles, whereas Mr. Stilinski was standing in the same spot he had been when Stiles and I discovered that Isaac's dad was the swim coach. 

He shook his head from side to side in disagreement, "No."

"Yes!" Stiles snapped. 

Mr. Stilinski crossed his arms over his chest as he glanced at his son in disbelief, "No."

"Yes! Dad, come on. Police always look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they had in common," Stiles stated as he jumped out of his chair, nearly knocking me to the floor in the process. 

His dad sighed, "Yeah, except for the fact that the Rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class."

"Alright, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles replied sarcastically.

"No, you know what, they're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Mr. Stilinski relented. 

My boyfriend's eyes widened as he lifted his hands in the air to make one of his famous over exaggerated hand gestures, but before he could speak his father held a hand up to silence him. His dad then shifted his eyes to my brother and I, "Do you two believe this?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott said seriously. I nodded my head in agreement, I don't think we can explain to him about the whole Kanima situation right now. It would more than likely only set us back in trying to stop Matt from killing more people. 

Stiles sighed in exasperation, "He took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victim's were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him!"

"Alright, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach, dead? " Mr. Stilinski demanded, well this should be a good one. 

Stiles let out a gasp, "Isn't it obvious?"

The room fell silent as we all glanced at him in confusion, what the hell is he going to say? We have no idea why Matt wants to kill the swim team, we just know that he is the one doing it. Motive is the only thing that we don't have at the moment. 

"Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like six years... okay we don't have a motive, yet. But, I mean come on, does Harris?" He replied.

His dad let out a sigh and held eye contact with his son, "What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence," I said quickly. 

He rose an eyebrow, "The evidence? Yeah, that would be in the station- where I no longer work."

Stiles sighed, "Trust me they'll let you in."

"Trust you?" His dad asked in total seriousness.