Chapter 35. Clubbin'... at the club...

"So we're just gonna go after him?" I asked in total shock as Scott practically shoved me into the back of Stiles' jeep. Literally thirty seconds ago Jackson a.k.a. Mister Kanima, just jumped off of our roof and disappeared into the night, Derek then ran after him- leaving Allison with the duty of taking Lydia home, while I somehow got drug along with Stiles and Scott. 

Stiles started up his jeep and peeled away from the curb- causing his tires to squeal loudly as he headed off down the road in the direction that Derek had just went. "Yes, we have to stop him before he kills someone else!" Scott panicked as he literally sat on the edge of the seat. 

"Now may not be the best time... but I do believe I earned the right to say that I told you so, like a thousand times... actually- nope, I told you so doesn't even begin to cover this... how about I have the right to say that I'm always right, and you should listen to me whenever I say something." I retorted as I sat back in the seat.

When it was discovered that Lydia wasn't the Kanima- I will admit that I did a slight fist bump, but then I was snapped back into reality and I had to focus on the fact that Jackson was the crazed lizard killing machine, and we had to try and stop him. Who know's what could happen if we just let him roam off alone all night. 

My brother sighed, "Kasey now really isn't the time for this."

"I'm just saying..." I pointed out, I loved being right. 

Stiles had driven to some parking garage looking place, it was abandoned and totally sketchy, I'm really not surprised that this is where Derek and the Kanima are at. Why wouldn't they lead us to somewhere so dark and dangerous? It's not like that would be the normal thing to do. My boyfriend then slammed on his breaks, causing me to jerk in the backseat- thank you seat-belt. "Now what do we do?" He asked in annoyance, before Scott could answer him he jumped out of the jeep and then scaled the chain link fence in front of us.

I sighed, "He really needs to stop doing that."

"Come on, we can maybe get around." Stiles stated as he climbed out of his jeep, I let out another sigh as I slid out of the backseat and out on to the concrete. It was super sketchy down here, and I could hear the Kanima hissing and Derek growling echoing off the walls. Well, at least we know they're here. 

Stiles then grabbed my hand as he maneuvered through the empty area, making his way around large concrete structures and old cardboard boxes that were deteriorating right before our eyes. "Why must we always get taken to sketchy places?" I asked in annoyance as I stepped over a large puddle. 

He chuckled, "You don't like it here? I personally think it's a rather romantic setting... just needs some lights, hardwood flooring... maybe some candles."

"Oh yeah, totally, because that would make this rundown sketchball so romantic." I retorted as I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic answer. 

We continued to walk through the seemingly empty place- and when we approached a backside of a building, I let out a sigh. We didn't find Scott or the Kanima and Derek, wait- never-mind. I see Scott, he is peeking around the corner, completely oblivious to Stiles and myself at the moment. Stiles walked over to him and grabbed his arm, completely freaking him out. 

"Ah!" He yelled as he turned around quickly with wide eyes. 

Stiles sucked in a breath, "Sorry, sorry. Did you see where he went?"

"No, I lost him." Scott muttered as he glanced back around the corner of the building. 

My boyfriend gave my brother a bewildered look, "What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one," Scott replied. 

I nodded in understanding, it made sense. Jackson was like a human sized Lizard, and they don't seem like the type of creatures to be giving off any scent- due to their scales and cold-blooded-ness. I don't know much about Biology and all that, but it made sense.