Chapter 25. What am I?

"Kasey? Honey are you awake?"

My eyes slowly opened at the familiar voice of my mother, when my vision settled and I was fully conscious I let out a sigh. I'm still in the hospital, still laying in this uncomfortable bed, and still dressed in this stupid white gown. My mom was standing by my bedside- dressed in her work attire, which today were a pair of purple scrubs with a white jacket that had little pink flowers on it. The dark purple bags under her eyes matched the scrubs nearly to a T, and I felt a wave of guilt wash over me- knowing fully well that I'm the reason she is so sleep deprived.

I offered her a faint smile as I sat up in the bed, "I am now."

She bit down on her bottom lip and started to scribble on the clipboard she was clutching tightly in her hands, taking my vitals... It's so weird to have your mom as a nurse, especially when the reason you're in the hospital is because you were attacked by a werewolf, and she doesn't know it. She needs to learn the truth soon, and I mean very soon- Scott just keeps on putting it off, saying she is safer not knowing. I don't believe that for a second.

"How're you feeling?" She asked softly as she grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze, a very tight squeeze. I am so happy that I'm not hooked up to an EKG anymore, because the lie I'm about to tell would certainly set that off.

"Fine, still a bit sore- but other than that I'm alright." I kept my gaze on the white bedsheets, if I look at her she could pick up on the fact that I'm lying and I can't have that. I'm not sore at all, in fact- my freaking wounds are healing entirely too fast. Scott has no idea what it is, because I'm not healing as fast as he did when he was bitten- but I am definitely healing a lot faster than I should be.

"Well, you're making really good progress... You can go home later this evening, I can't officially release you until your doctor checks you over one last time though." My mom stated as she let go of my hand and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I nodded, "Awesome. I'm sick of being in the hospital anyway- how you work here still bewilders me."

She chuckled as she went to attach my clipboard back to the foot of my bed- and that's when my eyes settled on Stiles. He was passed out in the chair on the other side of the room, with a Get Well Soon balloon tied around his wrist. His mouth was hanging wide open and he was mumbling something along of the lines of, ohhh you're dirty.

"How long has he been here?" I asked quietly- my voice suddenly lowering in volume in fear of waking him up. He looked so cute right now, and I would hate to disturb him in this state. I've been in the hospital for a total of three days, and every day he is here- Sheriff Stilinski made him leave yesterday for about an hour, but he came scrambling back in the room the second that those sixty minutes were up. I'm not complaining though, I love having him here with me.

My mom sighed as she glanced at my boyfriend with a small smile, "He hasn't left... he has been in that chair since he got back yesterday."

I honestly don't know what I did to deserve him, he is entirely too perfect. Who else would spend that much time in this dreaded hospital for me? Scott can't even stay that long, which I don't blame him for, I hate hospitals. But here Stiles is, sleeping in probably the most uncomfortable chair on the planet, just so I won't be alone. If it's possible, I think I love him more than I did yesterday. I love him so much it's crazy.

"You really mean a lot to him, you know... I overheard him talking to his dad last night, and the things he was saying- wow, he really loves you Kasey." My mom said quietly as she turned to look at me, a faint smile on her face.

My stomach started to tighten at the memory of the first time I told him I loved him, the overwhelming feelings were coming back and it was starting to make me sick to my stomach- but in sort of a good way. I didn't think I would ever fall in love with Stiles Stilinski- my brother's best friend, the kid who I have known since he sat at mine and Scott's kindergarten table, the kid who is hyperactive and sarcastic and just an all around weirdo. But I did fall in love with him, and I'm still falling right now.