Chapter 42. Dealing with things...

"I feel like I haven't seen you in years," I said to Scott as he climbed into Stiles' jeep- we were getting ready to make our guest appearance at Lydia Martin's oh so famous birthday party. I have no idea why, but I have a bad feeling about tonight. It's just sitting in the pit of my stomach, and I don't like it. 

Scott chuckled, "It's been a few hours, Kasey."

"Anyway- did Deaton happen to tell you about my little situation?" I asked as I leaned farther up in the seat so I was practically in the front of the jeep with Scott and Stiles.

He nodded, "Yeah... he said you may not be able to tell it all correctly so he told me."

"Awesome, as long as I don't have to tell the story." I chuckled lightly. 

The rest of the ride to the party was spent with listening to Stiles inform Scott about the latest discovery of the Kanima's little puppet master. Whoever it is, really hates the swim team. Specifically the 2006 swim team, which it weird. It makes sense though, as to why the Kanima couldn't go in the water, because of the whole swim team vendetta.

When we got to Lydia's house, it was practically empty. The music was on, and the house was decorated- hell she even had this whole elaborate punch fountain thing set up in the back by the pool, but there were hardly any people here. 

"This party is dead," I said in confusion as Stiles, Scott, and myself all stood in the back watching Lydia wander around aimlessly, looking for more guests to serve punch to. 

Allison walked up to us, "Maybe we should help her."

"Why?" Scott asked in confusion.

She rose an eyebrow, "Maybe because we've been ignoring her for the past two weeks?"

"She's been ignoring us for the past ten years," Scott scoffed. 

I sighed, "Scott come on. Let it go, just- we should help. She's had it rough the past few weeks."

"Fine, I guess I can use my co-captain of the Lacrosse team status and get the team here." My brother muttered.

Stiles grinned, "And I know some people who can definitely liven up the party."

"Really? Who?" Allison asked in confusion.

He chuckled, "I met them the other night."

Not even twenty minutes later, Lydia's party was crowded and the music was playing a lot louder than it had been. More and more people started to show up after text messages were sent and phone calls were made. Well, this was my birthday present to her. We got her a party. How nice.

"So are you going to apologize to Allison or...?" Stiles asked my brother awkwardly. The three of us were currently hanging out by the pool, Scott was sitting on a chair and Stiles was leaning against one of the large concrete columns out here. I was sipping the punch that Lydia has been shoving in my face all night, it tastes really good to be honest.

He rose an eyebrow, "Why would I apologize?"

"Because you're a guy. It's what we do." Stiles replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I chuckled a bit as hit statement, which caused him to look at me and smirk. He is something else, I swear.

My brother sighed, "But I didn't do anything wrong."

"Then you should definitely apologize. You see, anytime that a guy thinks they haven't done anything wrong, it means he's definitely done something wrong." I said with an all knowing smile.