Chapter 4. Heart Warming

In all of my years of knowing Stiles, I can say that he's come up with some pretty crazy things. For instance, when we were eleven and Stiles' dad took his gaming console away from him due to Stiles' bad behavior he enlisted my brother and I as help to retrieve said gaming console. The thing is, Sheriff Stilinski had it put on top of a china closet that the three of us couldn't reach. The china closet was in the living room, and we weren't strong enough to move any of the heavy furniture out of the way. So, Stiles decided to make a sort of anchor and throw it on top of the china closet to try and knock the gaming console off the top, in hopes that Scott or myself would catch it.

Instead of his little invention landing on the top of the china closet like he had envisioned, it busted through the glass on the door resulting in yet another problem.

Tonight, his plan was to sneak into the morgue so Scott could catch a scent off of the part of the body that had been found so we could go back into the woods and he could attempt to find the other half by using the previous scent he would have gotten from the morgue. Granted, the plan seemed decent enough to work; only problem is that my mom happens to be working third shift tonight and if she catches us here she's going to know that something is off.

My eyes were darting around every face in the lobby as we entered the hospital, "I still think this is a bad idea."

"It's fine Kasey, just stay here with Stiles. I'll be right back." Scott assured me as he gave me a small smile before disappearing down the hallway that had a sign hanging from the ceiling saying the morgue was located in that direction.

Stiles and I made our way into the waiting room awkwardly, and I decided to take a seat in one of the blue chairs that lined the wall. The chairs weren't all that comfortable which has never made sense to me, you would think that an establishment that's sole purpose is to make people feel better would provide comfortable seating for the friends and family's of their patients. I glanced at Stiles whom was looking at something a bit further down the wall where I had been sitting.

I turned to find that the something he was looking at was rather a someone, and that someone happened to be Lydia Martin.

Of course.

This just goes to show that Allison was wrong and that Stiles wasn't interested in me. He looks beyond nervous and he's staring at her. I really wish Allison wouldn't have said what she said to me earlier, because it slightly got my hopes up and now they're crashing and burning right before my very eyes as I can plainly see that Stiles isn't interested in me at all.

Stiles looked as if he were battling internally with himself on whether or not to attempt to speak to Lydia. Normally, he has no problem attempting to talk to her so I don't know why he looks so put off about it now. Without wasting another second Stiles took a deep breath and kept his gaze on the floor as he took the seat beside me. Completely ignoring Lydia.

"Aren't you going to try and charm your way into a conversation with her?" I chuckled nervously, feeling my chest tighten slightly at just the mere idea of him giving her all of his undivided attention rather than me.

He blinked once before shrugging, "Why would I do that? She'd probably ignore me anyway. Girls like her, don't go for guys like me."

"What's that supposed to mean? I think you're great," I stated confidently. 

It was true, Stiles was great. He was funny, kind, smart, charming, witty, and sarcastic enough to be your sole entertainment for the day. Any girl would be lucky to have him as their boyfriend because if there's on thing I know about Stiles, it's that he would devout all of his time and energy into making that special girl know just how much he loves her and how wonderful she is. To be completely honest, I've always feared for when he did get a girlfriend because I knew that once he did, he wouldn't spend as much time with Scott and I as he does now.