Chapter 46. Lost and Confused

"This is exciting," I said as I glanced between my mom and Mr. Stilinski. For some reason, I had decided to sit right between them on the bleachers and I was really starting to regret it. They weren't really talking to me, instead they were talking over me- while I just sat there and froze my ass off. I didn't really dress all that well for the cold temperature tonight, and my jeans were too thin to keep any heat in them.

My mom nodded, "Yes, very exciting."

I let out a sigh as I looked over to Scott and Stiles, they were sitting beside each other on the bench. I have no idea why Scott isn't out on the field, but that must be what Gerard meant when he said only one co-captain. Jackson had been the one co-captain. I bit down on my lip as I crossed my arms over my chest in attempt to seal some heat in, but it wasn't really working all that well. 

Coach approached Scott and Stiles, and after a few moments of conversation Stiles sprung up off the bench and ran on to the field with his stick and helmet in hand. My eyes widened in excitement at the realization that he was going to get to play. He was finally going to be able to play. 

"Oh no. Why is my son running out to the field?" Mr. Stilinski asked with a sigh.

My mom rose an eyebrow in confusion, "Because he's on the team?"

"He is. He's on the team. He's--he's on the field. My son is on the field!" Mr. Stilinski cheered as he stood up and proudly smiled. I couldn't help but smile as well, he looked so happy right now. 

As the whistle started and Stiles caught his first ball, I perked up in my seat and just about let out a cheer- but before I could, he was shoved to the ground. I winced as I watched the other team run off with the ball, and my boyfriend lay on the ground. "He's just warming up, is all." My mom said as she bit at her fingernail. 

Ten seconds later another ball came towards Stiles, and as he manuevered his stick to scoop it up off the ground, three guys from the other team plowed right over top of him. I let out a sigh as my leg began to bounce up and down anxiously, "Maybe he's just a little nervous. He's got plenty of time to turn this around." I was trying to convince myself more than anyone at this point. Watching him get hit repeatedly like this is starting to make my chest hurt. 

I glanced at Scott, who was sitting on the bench and he was looking directly at me. When he realized I had finally looked at him he sighed, "Don't go near Gerard." He mouthed to me. I nodded in understanding and he bit down on his lip as he glanced back to the field. 

Why would I go near Gerard? It's not like I have a death wish, if anything I am trying to keep myself and the people I care about very much alive at the moment. My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, and I pulled it out to check the text message. It was from an unknown number.

You know exactly who this is. Come over to me now.

My eyes widened as I glanced over to Gerard, he was watching me with a smirk planted firmly on his face. I let out a shaky breath as I looked to Scott again, he was focused on the game- this was my chance. If I don't go over to him, he may have Jackson hurt someone. And it's not like he can kill me with all of these people around. 

"I have to pee, I'll be right back." I said to my mom as I awkwardly clambered over her and stumbled off the bleachers. As I walked down the sideline I watched Stiles get hit on the helmet with a ball, and the crowd boo'd at his horrendous game play. I can't think about that right now. 

When I approached Gerard he smiled at me, "Scott your sister seems much more obedient than you."

I glanced over my shoulder to see Scott looking at me fearfully, he had just told me not to come over here- yet I did. Has Gerard been standing over here, talking to Scott the entire time? What has he been saying? Was he threatening to hurt me? Is that why he told me to stay away from him.