Chapter 40. The Admonere

"Ketamine?" My brother's voice drifted through my ears as I stood beside him and Stiles in the animal clinic after school. It had been a long day, and I was seriously in the need of a nap. I forget why we had to come here exactly, I think Scott is trying to find something to help him with Jackson tonight- I could be wrong though. 

Deaton nodded as he sat the bottle of Ketamine and a large needle down on the table, "It's the exact same thing we use on the dogs. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy some time.This-" he turned around and grabbed a glass bottle with black looking dust in it, "is what you'll use to create the barrier."

I watched with wide eyes as he sat the bottle on the table, "This part if for you, Stiles. Only you." The veterinarian slash all knowing genius said as he held eye contact with my boyfriend. 

"Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a less pressure-filled task for me?" He asked awkwardly as he grabbed the bottle and glanced at it wearily. 

Scott gave him a look and focused back on Deaton- who was talking again, "It's from the Mountain Ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble."

"Okay so then what? I just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles asked slowly. 

Deaton nodded, "They'll be trapped."

"Doesn't sound too hard," Scott said as he looked at his best friend. 

"Not all there is. Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it, you need to be that spark, Stiles." Deaton added as he explained the task further. 

Stiles gave him an odd look, "If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

"I don't think that what he meant at all, babe." I sighed as I shook my head from side to side. The things he says sometimes are just so freaking out there, it's crazy. 

Deaton nodded in agreement with me, "Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in there mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will," Stiles said quietly as he nodded hesitantly. 

"If this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it." He added. 

I grabbed his hand in reassurance and gave it a small squeeze, "I believe in you. You can do this," I said in all honesty. If anyone can do this, it's Stiles. He nodded slowly as he squeezed my hand back.

After Stiles dropped me off at my house, I had about an hour to get changed for tonight and before Matt was picking me up. I felt disgusting going out with him now, after how I saw it affected Stiles earlier at school. But, Scott is now forcing me to go- saying he may need me there tonight. I have no idea what I could possibly do, but whatever. 

So once I took a shower and dried my hair and changed into something suitable for a Rave, which was a pair of tight black jeans, a navy blue loose tank and a pair of rustic brown boots. I just let my hair do whatever, I didn't feel like working with it. By the time I was ready and had made my way back downstairs my mom was walking through the front door.