Ugly Sweaters (Bucky Barnes)

"No!"

"Oh come on!"

"Absolutely not!"

"You'll look adorable!"

"Woman! I said no and that's final!" Bucky protested, staring sternly at your pouting face but more specifically the hideous christmas sweater you were holding in front of it.

"We all have to go to Tony's ugly sweater party Buck, so if I have to wear one and Steve has to wear one and Natasha has to wear one then YOU have to wear one!" You protested, shoving the sweater closer to his face.

"I don't have to do a thing (name)!" Bucky replied, shoving the sweater back at you.

"Bucky, I did not go out in public, buy two horrendous sweaters and make a promise to socialize with people tomorrow so that you can say 'no thank you'" you growled back.

"But just LOOK at it (name)! It has cats on it for gods sake!" Bucky yelled exasperated.

"James, you will wear this sweater if it kills me."

"I like to see you try sweetheart" He chuckled back at you, before walking into the kitchen.

You squinted your eyes at him.

Suddenly, in your fit of determination and slight aggravation, you concocted a plan.

"I'm going christmas shopping!" you called as you grabbed your car keys and wallet.

"Have fun!" he called back "Love you!"

You huffed and speed your way to the store. you were going to get the Winter Soldier to go to that party no matter what the cost.

You arrived back home an hour later with two bags filled with 'gifts'

"Have fun shopping sweetie?" Bucky asked as you swung the door to your apartment closed.

"mhhmm" you hummed in response, making your way into your shared bedroom. You unloaded the 'gifts' onto the bed, with part 2 of your plan in motion.

"what ya doing?" Bucky called to you

"nothing" you replied back smiling to yourself as you carefully enacted the final parts of your plan.

"Okay, I made us pesto pasta tonight" Bucky responded warily.

"You made dinner?" You asked, making your way into the kitchen. You walked your way up to your boyfriend, wrapping your hands around him, pressing a kiss into his back.

"yeah, I love you after all" He told you, smiling.

"You love me?" You asked

"Of course I do!" he exclaimed

"enough to come to the party with me?" you asked warily

"Not that much. But nice try" Bucky laughed, transferring the pasta into bowls and setting them down on the table.

"damn" you hissed.

You and Bucky ate and then watched a movie. You both then went to bed, cuddling up to each other. As Bucky slipped into dream land with you snuggled up to his chest, he was content believing the sweater incident was a thing of the past. Oh boy was he wrong.

The next morning you woke up beside Bucky, as usual. He kissed your cheek sweetly and held you a little tighter to him.

"Good morning love of my life" he whispered

You sighed happily and snuggled your nose into his neck, peppering it with kisses

"morning" you sighed.

Leaving the warm bed and kissing you on your head, Bucky got up to get dressed and get ready for another day at work. You smiled to your self as he made his way to the closet, knowing fully what he find.

As the door clicked open there was a moment of silence before he shouted, "(NAME)!!"

Oh yeah, he found it. You got out of bed and shuffled to the closet, where hanging instead of his normal jeans, black t-shirts and long sleeved shirts, where hideous green, red and white christmas sweaters.

"what did you do?" he asked quietly, reaching out to touch the sweaters

You crossed your arms and looked at him with a smug grin on your face " you didn't want to wear the sweater I got you, so I gave you more options"

"where's my normal clothes?" he asked

"away, and I'll let you put it all back once you go to that christmas party" you told him snarkily

"You damn little scamp" he growled

"You know you love me" you sang as you skipped away into the bathroom

Bucky shook his head looking at the only clothing option he had

"HEY! game of thrones! You made it!" Tony cheered as the elevator door opened to the Avengers tower. Tony's ugly sweater christmas party was in full swing. Natasha was wearing a sweater with cats on it and was mixing drinks with Clint at the bar who was wearing a sweater with a partridge on it ( very appropriate Clint). Thor had managed to show up with Jane who were wearing matching reindeer sweaters. Jane must have managed to convince Thor to get extra festive because he was dawning some pretty sweet reindeer antlers. Tony himself had gone all out with pom poms, yarn and even blinking lights, attaching them to his arc reactor.

"Come on in!" Tony smiled, offering you some eggnog "also, nice sweaters!"

Bucky mumbled something illegible,probably about how ridiculous this was and how he wanted to straight up murder everyone in the room. He had settled for the least ridiculous sweater, a classic sweater with reindeer's on it. You had settled for a snowman with pom pom buttons.

"Hey Buck!" Steve cheered, making his way towards you. Steve had found a captain america shield sweater and had worn a Santa hat to top it off.

"that's cheating!" you laughed pointing to the sweater

"well, I would have worn something different but some mad person went through every store within a ten mile radius and cleared all the ugly sweaters out. When I got there, this was the only one left!" Steve exclaimed

"yeah, some mad person" You mumbled "hey look there's Sam!" You exclaimed, leaving Bucky to talk to Steve.

A couple of hours later after you had socialized, drank and been merry, you had decided to go home.

Once you had arrived home Bucky tore the sweater off, leaving him shirtless.

"that damn thing was itchy" he told you, clearly ignoring your pleased expression.

"But..." you asked, looking up with an eyebrow raised, walking towards him.

Bucky sighed "but i'm glad I went"

You smiled ,wrapping your arms around him. "sometimes i'm right you know"

"yeah" Bucky smiled, leaning down to kiss you "i know"

"I love you dork" You said

"I love you too you scamp" he replied "any chance you'll tell me where my normal clothes are?"

"mmm" you hummed in response, tracing the muscles in his chest "You might have to persuade me"

"Done" He smiled and picked you up in his arms, kissing you all the way to bed.

~~~

All rights go to:

superwholockgames on DeviantArt

Any particular character you want? Let me know!