Look At Me (Sebastian Stan)

Inspired by Mackie and Seb asking each other questions.

~~~

"What is the one question that you both would like to ask each other that you haven't been asked before?" The interviewer asked.

You smiled at the genius behind the question and jumped at your chance to tackle the one thing that had been plaguing you since you got to these junkets with Sebastian.

"I've got one." You said, turning in your seat to face him. Taking note with how rigid he became. "Why don't you look at me?"

From the moment you arrived for the press tour, the whole cast had been more than happy to see you again, sharing hugs and asking you about what you've been up to since you last met.

But Sebastian was a different story – he barely registered that you were there and avoided you at every turn.

Now, on the set of Civil War, you both were thick as thieves. Playing pranks, chilling in his trailer, movie nights when shooting was pushed back. You spent every moment of your free time with the man and he sought you out when you were filming with the second unit. Never missing a beat to see you.

During the wrap party, he had grown quiet and after the wrap party, there was radio silence which was something you could understand because you all took personal breaks before premiere season.

"I just didn't want to steal your pretty looks for myself." Sebastian replied with a smirk.

That wasn't right. You thought to yourself.

The interviewer giggled at the statement and you forced a smile to cover your surprise. Sebastian was also forcing a smile but only to mask his emotions and to not ruin the interview, quite thankful that there were no more questions remaining to put him in the same position.

The interview ended and so did the awkwardness between yourself and Sebastian. He zoomed out of the room and made his way down an empty corridor towards the guest room not realising that you were hot on his tail.

"Hey!" You called out as you jogged over, catching up easily. Sebastian quickly glanced over at you and focused back in front of him.

"Listen, I need to be on my way." He told you plainly as if you were just a fan to his busy schedule. Grabbing his arm, you forced Sebastian to a stop and stood in front of him.

This was going to end here and now. He looked up at the ceiling and drawled out a heavy sigh, knowing what was about to happen.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" You demanded and Sebastian shrugged his shoulders.

"I already answered your –"

"No, you lied. Seb, I'm standing right here and you can't even make eye contact with me for longer than five seconds." You frowned and shook your head. "Did I offend you somehow? I mean, I must have done something to earn your cold shoulder."

The fact that you thought it was your fault for his behaviour was what caught Sebastian's attention. His head snapped to look at you and his eyes locked on to yours.

"You think –? It's not..." He stammered, shaking his head with a worrisome squint. "That's not why."

"Then what is it?" You pressed. You had to know and you weren't going to leave until you had your answer. Sebastian looked completely torn between truth and lie, he was bad and hiding his emotions through his eyes which is why you could always read him. But this was something you couldn't decipher from reading facial cues.

"Sebastian..." You tried again, this time more softly and it broke him. Sebastian ran his fingers through his hair and scoffed as he gestured at you.