Kiss It Better (Pietro Maximoff)

"I'm fine," you insisted, much to Pietro's dismay.
You had both survived the latest attack on New York, this time with both of you plus Wanda fighting on the good side. You certainly hadn't gotten away without a scratch. Wanda was tending to a sprained ankle and several cuts and bruises after stitching up the gash in Pietro's arm. Pietro had taken it upon himself to bind the cuts on your leg. They were bleeding profusely but they weren't deep enough to require stitches.
"Pietro, really," you continued as his brows furrowed together in concern while he tried to stop the bleeding.
"Let me help you," he requested, blue eyes looking up at you, wide with worry. You felt a twinge in your heart at the puppy dog face he was throwing at you.
You smiled softly and extended your leg. "Patch me up, Maximoff."

Since the fight, Pietro had taken it upon himself to tend to your wounds whenever they bothered you. He checked your bandages at least once a day, cleaning and re-bandaging when need be. He became your personal crutch, gingerly wrapping an arm around your waist and letting you lean on him to take the pressure off your injured leg. You blushed a lovely shade of crimson at the contact – your deep-seated crush on the mutant only developed more as he catered to your every need. It was sweet having someone care for you so much.

You were relaxing comfortably in your bed when he came to check on you. He liked to ensure that you were okay as soon as he woke up and just before he went to bed. Tony often teased him for it, calling him a motherly stalker, but you simply smiled and let the mutant do what he needed to.
"(y/n)?" he called from outside.
"Come in, Pietro," you replied, turning the page in the book you were reading. The door creaked gently as it was pushed open, revealing a concerned blond.
"How are you feeling?" he asked gently, closing the door behind him.
"A little sore," you admitted, setting the book aside. "I tripped earlier and hit my leg on the edge of my dresser."
He rushed to your side, sitting on the bed and gently taking your injured leg into his hands. He sat cross-legged, resting your foot on his lap. You smiled at his concern as he unwrapped the gauze, looking over the scratches. He softly ran a hand along the wounds, checking on their healing.
"They're almost completely healed," he stated with a soft smile. "Would you like me to re-bind them?"
"Sure," you nodded. You dug through the drawer on your bedside table, pulling out your first-aid kit and handing it to the blond. He opened it and pulled out gauze, ointment, and medical tape. He discarded the old wrapping and gently medicated your leg before rolling out the gauze and covering your wounds. You closed your eyes and enjoyed his soft touch. He was so careful with you, as though applying any pressure would cause you to shatter like a wine glass.
"Why are you being so sweet to me?" you asked suddenly. He paused and looked up at you as though he did something wrong.
"Do you not want me to?" he asked, brows furrowing adorably. "I can stop. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
"No, no," you replied, shaking your head. "It's perfectly fine. I'm just curious why you're so concerned about me."
You could have sworn a soft blush dusted his cheeks. "I just want you to be okay," he repeated. After taping the gauze in place, he ducked his head and gently pressed his lips to your leg. It was your turn to blush as he smiled up at you.
"What was that for?" you whispered.
"I was told that when someone you care about has an injury, you're supposed to 'kiss it and make it better'."
You giggled softly, causing him to tilt his head in confusion.
"Is that wrong?"
"Not at all," you smiled.
He returned the gesture and gently returned your leg to the bed before crawling up to sit beside you. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, smiling as you snuggled into his side. This had become a regular situation for the two of you to end up in. You discovered that the mutant was rather cuddly, especially when he was in a good mood. You hadn't minded – it had taken you some time to get comfortable being wrapped up in his arms, worried that your crush on him would seep through the cracks of your platonic façade. You'd managed to cover your tracks thus far, though, and you were certain that he didn't suspect a thing.
"How have you been?" you asked, looking up at him as your head rested on his shoulder. You were always the first to ask how his day was, especially when he seemed down.
"Worried," he replied bluntly.
"About?"
"You."
You smiled softly. "Why?"
"Because I care about you," Pietro whispered.
"In what way?" you asked.
He hesitated, trying to find the words. "More than friends."
You looked up at him, noticing how he looked away. "Hey Pietro?"
He looked down at you with a raised brow. "Yes, (y/n)?"
"I think I injured my lip," you smiled.
"I think I need to kiss it better," he replied, tilting his head down. You craned your neck to reach his lips, resting a hand on his chest to give you better leverage. His free arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer. You shifted so that your entire body rested against his chest, allowing your hands to tangle in his hair. His hands rested on your back, holding you close.
"I love you, (y/n)," he whispered.
"I love you too, Pietro," you replied before kissing him again.

~~~

All rights go to:

CoinOperatedGirl666 on DeviantArt