Fireworks (Bucky Barnes)

Yass my 50th part!!

~~~

  Cuddling with Bucky was great, you could sleep on his arm for hours without it growing numb. It had its downside though. Bucky liked to cuddle (though he would kill anyone who said so) and loved sleep, so whenever you showed signs of leaving the shared bed, he would simply wrap his metal arm around your waist and pull you closer.
Like today.
The morning beams of light streamed through your windows even though you had tacked the curtains so no such thing could happen. You groaned and realised what day it was, July fourth.
You smiled and tried to get out of bed when you felt Buckys arm dig into your side, and pull you closer. he groaned and reached his right arm over to grasp your hand.
"you got me with the arm didn't you?" you asked, already knowing the answer
"mhmmm" Bucky nodded.
"You know you got to let me up right?" you asked.
"I don't have to do a thing but hold you sweetie" he murmured
"Bucky let me up"
"No"
"You are being a child!"
"cant do it!"
"Alright" you sighed in defeat "you win"
Bucky smiled and you slowly felt his arm relax.
You smiled, knowing how this was going to play out. You adjusted your legs in a manner that avoiding suspension but were strategically placed. You suddenly spun out of his grasp and raced towards the bathroom hearing Bucky cuss at you sleepily.
You emerged from the bathroom and leaped onto Bucky, playing small chaste kisses on his face, making him smile and rub his eyes.
"I love you too" he murmured and pulled you down on top of his chest.
"it's the fourth of July Bucky" you cheered, bouncing up and down on the bed.
"really?" he asked, eyebrow raised.
"yah! and it's Steve's birthday so it's like double exciting!"
"well then you should get off me!" he laughed
you smiled and leaned down to place a light kiss on his lips. "Love you"
"Love you too" he smiled.

"Hey Steve happy birthday man!" Bucky cheered as he clapped Steve on the back "I got you a present man"
"What is is?"Steve asked as he opened the card "Flying lessons?" he asked, looking at the card.
"Yes flying lesson idiot, i'm gone for what? two weeks and you take a nose dove in the arctic? yeah, you definitely need flying lesson"
"Shut up" Steve snapped, but looked up to Bucky with a smirk "thanks though"
"Happy birthday buddy" Bucky laughed and pulled him into a bro hug.
"Awww!" you cooed and poked the two grown men in the side.
Bucky glared at you and Steve couldn't help but smirk at you.
Steve coughed "so, fireworks tonight, are you in?"
"Hellz yah i'm in!" you cheered and jumped up onto Bucys back.
Bucky grunted from the unexpected extra weight but started laughing as he grabbed your legs and carried you to the living room.
"Let me warn you right now Steve, never date an assassin"
"why" Steve questioned as he followed you both into the living room.
"They will beat you to the bathroom every. time, they can hide from you for hours, and they are incredibly quiet and sneaky." Bucky told him as you rested your head on his.
"But they are incredibly limber" You pointed out.
"That is very true" Bucky agreed, giving you a knowing smirk.
Steve blushed and coughed again "so, fireworks?"

You and Bucky arranged a picnic blanket in grand central park, awaiting the annual fireworks. This year so generously donated by Stark industries.
The rest of the Avengers had scattered across the park, leaving some room between each blanket.
You cuddled into Buckys chest, feeling the warmth and secureness in it.
He wrapped his arm around you and slowly rubbed your back.
You had enjoyed the day, celebrating Steves birthday, but now it was time for some pure and honest patriotism.
"Hey Bucky?" you asked
"Hmm?" he answered, his voice responding deep in his chest.
"what were fourth of julys like back in the 1940's?"
"well, actually they were a lot like now, lots of red white and blue and pride for our country and those who served it" Bucky answered.
"well, thank you very much sargent for protecting our country" you told him, leaning close to him.
"thank you sweetie" he replied.
You nodded as you pressed your lips to his, but unlike all the others kisses you had given him that day, this one felt different. Like there was a fire that you both had and the kiss was fuel. You felt Buckys stubble scrap across your face but gave little care to it. You reached up and wrapped your fingers in his soft hair, pulling his head and body closer to yours. Bucky reached down and placed you into his lap, your legs wrapping around his wait. Bucky then placed his hands on your head and massaged his fingers into your hair. You were breathing through your noses, unwilling to break the kiss. Bucky took your tounge in his mouth and sucked on it slightly, receiving a moan from you.
"ALRIGHT LOVEBIRDS BREAK IT UP!" you heard Natasha yell at you from a few feet away "the fireworks are about to start!"
You laughed as you hopped off of Bucky and sat down next to him on the blanket.
The night sky soon lit up in colors from red to blue to purple. The boom of fireworks resounded in your chest as each chemical reaction lit up the night sky.
You smiled and laughed with Bucky as he told you of the time when Steve was little how he would get afraid of the fireworks and Bucky would have to stuff paper napkins in his ears to make it easier to watch the show.
Much to everyone's dismay, the firework show ended, forcing everyone to pack up their stuff and go home.
"I had a good fourth of July" Bucky told you as he nestled his face into your hair, tickling your scalp.
"Me too" you giggled "I'm very glad I got to spend it with you"

~~~

All rights go to:

superwholockgames on DeviantArt