Cross My Heart (Chris Evans)

Omg how is this book getting so many reads so quickly like asdjfhkl 

~~~

  You were walking across the Avengers set, your make-up box in hand. It was still early in the morning, but the director wanted to start the first day of shooting the new Avengers movie: The Age of Ultron early, causing you to be walking across the set towards the make-up booths while the sun wasn't even up yet.

'Hi, [Name]!' One of your colleagues said, when you came walking into the building. 'How'd you sleep last night?'

'Fine, thanks for asking Tanya. Are the actors not here yet?'

'You know how A-listers are. They're probably just walking up from their beauty sleep.'

You hit her softly on the shoulder and laughed. 'Don't say things like that. They're people too.'

'Of course we are,' you heard someone say behind you. You turned around and saw Chris Evans – a.k.a. Captain America – standing behind you, looking as handsome as always. 'So, what do you think? Did the beauty sleep help?'

'Oh, God. I'm so sorry you heard all of that. Tanya doesn't mean it.'

Chris smiled. 'Relax. It's just me. If Robert would have heard it, then you would have had a problem.'

'If I would have heard what?'

'Nothing,' you and Chris said at the same time. You looked at each other and laughed.

You had been Chris' personal make-up artist since the first Captain America movie. You had bonded right away and he had requested you would be there on every movie he worked. You didn't really mind. He was handsome ánd you got to work on major blockbuster movies.

He took a seat on the chair in front of you and you put your box of make-up on the table.

'So, how are you and [actress you don't like] doing?' you asked as you cleaned his face. 'I heard it was getting rather serious.'

He nodded, smiling. 'Yeah, it's going good. I'm actually meeting her tonight after the first day of shooting.' He leaned closer to you and whispered into your ear. 'I'm going to ask her to marry me.'

You were surprised and somewhat disappointed. You had always kind of liked him. When he had started dating [actress you don't like] nearly a year ago you had thought it was never going to work, but here he was telling you he was going to propose to her.

'Wow,' you whispered back. 'You sure about that? I mean it hasn't been that long.'

'I know, I know. I haven't told anyone yet, but I'm just so excited.'

'What is she says no?'

Chris laughed. 'Well... then you get to tell me 'I told you so'.'

You smiled. You had actually told him at the beginning that it wasn't going to work out, but he hadn't listened. Of course he hadn't.

You were putting on a thin layer of make-up as he continued talking.

'So, I'm thinking of taking her to that restaurant we talked about last time. They have great food and excellent wine.'

You nodded. 'If you're in to all that fanciness...'

Chris laughed again. 'Okay, little miss sourpuss, what is your idea of a perfect date?'

You smiled, taking out some of the other make-up and contouring his face. 'I have always wanted to see Paris. The perfect date for me would be to just sit at a nice little restaurant overviewing the Eiffel Tower. Rose petals on the table and shadows of candle light playing with his face.'

You sighed and looked around you, seeing all the actors from the Avengers looking at you frowning.

'What?' you said. 'Come on! A girl can dream, right?'

Scarlet laughed. 'Believe me, no man I know is that romantic.'

'What do you mean?' Hemsworth said with his Australian accent. You believed he could make anything sound romantic.

'Why does it always have to be the man anyway?' Robert said. 'Don't get me wrong, when you're out with me you get the whole romantic package, but still. Why can't the women be romantic too?'

Scarlet sighed. 'And that's why you are divorced, twice!'

Chris laughed, looking at you. 'Don't worry,' he said. 'One day the right man is going to take you to Paris and give you your perfect date.'

You smiled, finishing off his make-up. 'You're good to go. Now don't smear it all over your suit like last time.'

'I won't!'

You watched him leave, already wearing his Captain America suit. He looked damn sexy in it. You turned around and started working on all the other actors and figurants.

When it was passed six o'clock, the first day of shooting was finally over and you could go home. Tomorrow was another day. You walked over to your car and you wondered how Chris' proposal would go.

The next day you arrived on set early and already had all the make-up stationed on the table when Tanya came walking in.

'Another day!' she cried out, yawning.

'At least we have a job!' you laughed.

'Oh, shut up you. Just let me complain for a few seconds.'

You shook your head and seated yourself on the chair the actors were supposed to sit in. You turned yourself around in it, until you felt dizzy and you saw Chris walking in your direction. He didn't seem his normal joyful self. You wobbled on your feet a bit, still dizzy, when he seated himself on the chair, not saying a word.

'What's wrong?' you asked, stroking the hair from his eyes. 'Did she say no?'

He sighed. 'I didn't even got the chance to ask.'

'She dumped you?'

He nodded.

'Oh, Chris. I'm so sorry. If there is anything I can do, I...'

'Just say it...'

'Say what?'

He looked up to you, his eyes red. 'I told you so...'

You sighed and pulled him from the chair. You walked away from the booths and pushed him outside. You looked at him with a worried look on your face and rubbed his arm.

'Would it make you feel better if I did?'

'No...'

'Then I won't say it... Chris, I'm really sorry. It's not like I wanted this to happen. I wanted you to be happy.'

'Why didn't I see it, [Name]? I mean even you saw it. Why didn't I?'

'Love makes blind, Chris. You should know that, you have played in a dozen romantic comedies.'

A small smile curled his lips.

'You're better off without her. Deep down you know it!' you said, pocking him in the chest.

Chris sighed. 'How did you become so wise?'

'Let's just say I've dated a lot of men that were almost it.'

'Almost?'

'Meaning they were jerks and I didn't see it until it was over.'

Chris laughed. 'I'm sorry about that.'

'Don't be!' you straightened his shirt and stood on your toes to get the hair out of his eyes again. 'I got over it and so will you.'

Chris took your hand in his and looked at you mysteriously.

'What?' you asked, looking around you.

'You're amazing...'

You blushed. 'Nah, I'm just a make-up artist who is trying to get her actor back in his seat before the shooting starts again.'

He shook his head, following you back to the make-up booth. 'No, I'm pretty sure you're amazing.'

You smiled, pushing him down into the seat and starting his make-up. 'We'll see about that.'

***** SEVERAL MONTHS LATER *****

You rushed over to the abandoned set. It was late at night, and the last day of filming wasn't until tomorrow. You hadn't thought you would be here twice a day, but Chris had called you and asked you to come over to the set as quick as possible. You didn't know what was going on, but he had sounded nervous.

When you arrived at the right set, Chris was waiting outside, leaning against the building. You slowed your pace, as you were getting anxious about what was going to happen.

'Chris?'

He came walking up to you, smiling, taking you into his arms. He had never embraced you like this before and you were starting to wonder if something terrible had happened.

'What's going on? Did something happen?'

'No, no. I just need you to follow me.'

'Okay...'

He lay his hand at our lower back and pushed you inside.

'I'm going to put my hands before your eyes, if that's okay.'

You nodded, feeling his hands folding around your face. He led you further into the building and you tried to not trip over things.

'I'm going to ask you something, but you can't say no,' he whispered in your ear, still covering your eyes with his hands.

'Why?'

'Just promise me!'

'Okay, okay. I promise.'

'Cross your heart?'

You nodded. 'Cross my heart.'

You could feel Chris walking around you, his hands moving across your face.

'Keep your eyes closed.'

'What is this all about, Chris?'

'Just keep'em closed!'

You nodded again, closing your eyes. Chris removed his hands from your face and moved away from you. You heard stumbling sounds behind you, but you couldn't make out what was happening.

'Okay, you can open them.'

'Oh, God...' you sighed, still keeping your eyes shot. 'I'm scared!'

Chris laughed nervously. 'Please? You're making me look like an idiot.'

You opened your eyes and saw Chris standing before a large screen with a big picture of the Eiffel tower on it. He smiled looking at you as your jaw dropped. A little table with candles and flowers was standing in front of the screen. There even was a little roof with leaves and roses.

'Will you go on a date with me?' Chris asked, handing you a rose.

'What?'

'Remember, you promised you wouldn't say no!'

'I wasn't going to...'

You took his hand and let him lead you to your seat. Robert was dressed up as a waiter and came to take your order, smirking the whole time. The only thing on the menu was pizza, but you didn't care.

'What is all of this?' you asked Chris.

He was still smiling at you. 'You told me a perfect date would be dinner in Paris by the Eiffel Tower. Because we both have to work tomorrow I couldn't get us to Paris, so I thought I would bring Paris to us.'

'You did all of this for me?'

He nodded, grabbing your hand. 'You're special to me, [Name]. You have been such a good friend to me after everything that happened with [actress you don't like so much] and the last couple of months I've just started to realize that I want to be more than just friends. I think about you all the time and everything I end a scene I look at you for approval. You're driving me insane [Name].'

You giggled.

'What?' Chris smiled. 'Did I say something wrong?'

You laughed. 'No, it's just... I drive you insane? God... I've had a crush on you for like.. ever!'

Chris moved his chair over to yours and stroke a strain of hair out of your face. 'So, it's okay if I do this?' He lay his hand against you cheek and slipped it through your hair to the back of your head. He pulled you closer to him until your lips met and he kissed you.

Butterflies were going crazy in your stomach and you suddenly felt really hot. You smiled against his lips and he moved away from you a bit.

'What, not good? I mean... I... I can do better than that.'

You shook your head smiling. 'It was perfect, Chris, but Robert is watching,' you pointed at the man that quickly hid himself behind one of the props again.

'Robert, you can leave now!' Chris yelled. 'Thanks for everything!'

Chris turned to you again, pressing a soft kiss on your lips. 'You're beautiful, did you know that?'

You blushed, grabbing the collar of his blouse and pulling him closer. 'Just kiss me.'

Your lips met again and a shiver went down your spine. Chris smiled, pulling you into his strong arms.

'So you're ready for the whole dating Chris Evans thing?' he said before kissing you again.

You nodded. 'As long as you are not going to quote me movie lines.'

Chris laughed. 'I think I can manage that.'

'You promise?'

'I promise...'

'Cross your heart?'

'Cross my heart...'

~~~

All rights go to:

savrom on DeviantArt